• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Detox question

Cowboys518

Greenlighter
I been using herion for 5 years , this run is only a month long cuz I got out of rehab a month ago , but I don't wanna keep going I had enough , I don't wanna go to rehab , but have a few questions , when I stoped like a week ago at 2 and a half days clean without subs , cold turkey all I had was sweats the first night , runny nose , little diarea and bad anxiety , then 2nd night I got restless legs , but then got high on day 2 and half clean , but I read symptoms , and people withdrawing from herion , are my symptoms at 2 and a half days clean not as bad as most people have it ? From what I read it seems I wasn't detoxing as hard as I should of , am I just lucky ? Will it be a little Easyer for me detox wise and symptoms ? Cuz my bones weren't acheing or anything , any info , I realy wanna quoit plan on doing it cold turkey in a day or 2 , I'm only 20 years old btw 160pounds not in bad shape

you are young and healthy, and havent been using as much or as long as mot hard users. quit cold turkey now while its not so bad, it onlt gets worse and harder

Yeah man quit asap. After a month of use withdrawal isn't all that horrid. Still bad but not like most people experience. Trust me it won't be like this after 6 months to a year. Actually it's gonna be probably twice as hard to quit if you go two months. Just remember the longer you take that shit day in and day out the harder your withdrawal is gonna be. Many other factors too obviously but that is the key one.

Did you jump right into suboxone after your 5 year H addiction? I guess I'm just not understanding what the confusion is. Have you never gone through cold turkey withdrawal? Or maybe it's the suboxone thing. Either way whatever you dealt with in your H addiction you will have to deal with using subs. And from some stories I've heard it can get much worse than H.

So in short. No you didn't get lucky. You've only been on a month run this time. If you continue using it will get much harder. Trust me I'm battling a heroin addiction right now. A year deep and I can't seem to get more than 48 hrs under my belt.