• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Detecting rubbing alcohol in tequila

mynameisntdale

Greenlighter
Not sure where to ask, figured here would be best. Couple days ago, a family member with serious mental health issues stopped by acting real sketchy (manic and over the top). We had a bottle of tequila out that was kind of communal. Day or two after that, my girlfriend and buddy drink what was left of the bottle, buddy took 4 shots, girl took 1. About an hour later, they're puking like freshmen on prom night. My buddy got suspicious, and Googled methanol poisoning. Symptoms fit, and the tail end of a bottle of rubbing alcohol is gone. Apparently it burned like hell going down and coming up, and apparently both have had sore kidneys and livers, along with god awful stomach aches. Long story short, is there a way to test the little bit left in the bottle to find out? I just need to know. I know small amounts of rubbing alcohol ain't going to kill you, but I think this dude should be in the psych ward, and this would definitely wind his ass up there.

Thanks for any help

You may not ever know if this person poured rubbing alcohol or some other substance into your liquor. If there was some left, you could have a lab test it. Either way, I would keep a close eye on this family member in the future.

You may not ever know if this person poured rubbing alcohol or some other substance into your liquor. If there was some left, you could have a lab test it. Either way, I would keep a close eye on this family member in the future.

Yeah, that's the friggin' part that gets me. Is there a good way to test, or do I just find a local lab? If I need to find a lab, is there a good way to do so? The only way the three of us are going to have a slight chance of being believed is if we get this nailed down.

Take the remaining liquor and your friends to the hospital emergency department?
I believe could have it tested and have your family menber sectioned if need be.