L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Depo-Provera wore off.. questions.

rollinlonely

Bluelighter
Okay, me and my girlfriend are sexually active (no shit). She was on Depo for 6 months. After her first shot wore off, she had her period immediately. Her second shot wore off at the beginning of last month, and although we have been practicing safe sex since, she still has not had a period. She took a pregnancy test, and it came up negative. My question is is this normal? She found out that it could take weeks or months to start her period again, or she could never have one and become infertile. Any shots (pun not intended) as to what could be going on?

When I take any kind of birth control or the plan b pill my period gets really screwed up. It can take a while before she gets it again. If you are really concerned about pregnancy I would go to the doctor and get an official test done so you know for sure. It's most likely caused from the shots though.

Your cycle can take a while to adjust when the hormones wear off, I use a different type of contraception that involves a hormone impregnated plastic rod that is inserted into my arm and my period always goes a bit strange when I get a new one inserted. I will go 6 months without a period, or go 3 months worth of unusual cycles, like short gaps in between, breakthrough bleeding and continual light period for more than 2-3 weeks - (Sorry if this grosses anyone out, i thought it was best to be honest for the sake of the OP)

All i mean, i guess, is that what happens to the person who gets the procedure done or any type of contraception, the symptoms and effects aren't always going to be text book and that sometimes the results can really vary person to person. I don't think you have any cause to worry at this stage, but if she isn't getting her cycle within the next few months, get her to book in with her gyno or GP.

When I got my first one installed, I had no period for almost 12 months and I thought it was awesome. I made sure that my partner and I followed safe sex practices just in case for the first couple of months and always have the new one installed and old one out a few months before they are due to be removed and re-inserted.

Okay kthank you SOO much, no clue how much peace of mind that gave me. JW thuogh, is she infertile during this wacky menstrual shit? or is she extra fertile?

I took one shot of it and when it wore off my cycle was outta order...it just takes time...