• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

Slum, I've had the exact same rock turd you described. You know its there and needs to come out, but it wont. No matter how much you try to push it out of you...nothing. But I actually prefer this type of constipation, because for me the glycerin suppositories work really well for hard/dry poops. And like you said once you get that first little nugget out the rest of it basically just flows right out of you.

Also, for me, benzos do make it a lot easier to go. Since my IBS is the primary cause of most of my constipation, and my anxiety triggers the IBS, it would follow that alleviating the anxiety might also help the constipation. Not too long ago I took about 7 grams of lorazepam at once and I was so relaxed that in 30 minutes or so I had an extremely successfuland satisfying BM.

Last edited:
Right so opioids cause constipation in 3 ways. I'll tackle them in order from least important to most.

The first is a reduction in feeling the need to shit. There are receptors at the beginning of the anal canal that detect the crap and you feel like you need to crap. Opioids reduce the detection, and hence feeling the need, so you are less likely to go and stool builds up. To combat this sit on the can each morning after a cigarette or coffee before dosing (hopefully you'll be in a little withdrawal) and see if you can squeeze some out whether you feel the need to or not.

The second is increased fluid absorption (possibly decreased excretion) in the intestines. This is where drinking lots of fluids (including electrolytes) comes into play. Lots of fiber is questionable as you are introducing a lot of bulk which needs to be passed. If you are still managing to defecate regularly it can help keep things moving, but if you are already clogged up then it isn't going to magically soften the already hard shit.

Finally we come to peristalsis. It is the contraction and relaxation of the bowels which moves food along. While mu-opioids may affect both phases, the contraction phase is the big one. Basically everything increases in muscle tone and foodstuffs move very slowly through the GI. Of note is the sphincters which tighten up and won't let stuff through (e.g. anal sphincter not letting shit out and heart burn from food just sitting in your stomach).

With respect to the last one I can see how benzos could help everything relax and flow out.

-----

As for treatment of an impaction, it is past the point of fiber or diet being able to help. A lubricant may solve the issue, but if not "disimpaction" with a finger up the but is the procedure.

What I don't understand is why more people aren't more preventive where if they haven't had a notable BM in the past few days they don't administer a full colonic enema before the stool has a chance to solidify any more.

Hah, taco bell. I always wondered how they managed to sell the amount of beef they do for 79c lol grade d i guess...

My cousin has had a bunch of crazy accidents in the past and has had gotten quality pain meds bc of how big he is, but he said when it would happen he would drink a glass of salt water and it would work almost instantly. I dont think i could drink salt water like that. He does all sorts of crazy shit tho so it doesnt surprise me can do actually do it lol

Oh wow I'm surprised this isn't mentioned more- LACTULOSE. I was scared last night of all the above, so I went out and saw it behind the counter - I was pleasantly relieved as I'd had it as kid.

I downed half the bottle before bed. Now, this did cause an enormous amount of stomach cramping and generally feeling bloated and terrible the next day (today, when I woke up) but I couldn't shit. I took a warm bath for an hour, and that opened the hole up so to speak. I poured my intestines out, followed by a round of diarreah (so I was confident id gotten to the problem). It wasn't liquidly, paste like diarreah at the end which is due to malabsorption.

Oh Jesus do I feel 100% better. And no bleeding/pain! It was all about waiting a little longer.

Lactulose simulates peristalsis - which opiates stop.
Lactulose draws alkaline waste products out of the body - detox

However, I did take diazepam which is a muscle relaxanant last night. The hot bath most likely helped my sphincter open too, because I had been trying to go with no success - just a lot of groaning from my stomach.

I just signed up to this forum to share what I have just experienced/went through and hopefully it can help someone else out there. There has been a lot of great information posted so far and it has helped me out so much in getting over this shit (literally).

So 4 days ago is when it began, trying to pass a BM and then just a bunch of nope. Screaming, yelling, cursing, everything possible as I sucked it back in to not have to deal with the pain. I ran around the house taking anything I could find that would help pass the poop. Advils, tums and coffee were all I could find and I woke up my fiancee with all the noise. When she came in I begged her to run to the 24 hour supermarket and pick up some laxatives, toilet paper and anything else she could think of. I immediately popped 2 ez-lax and drank a tea that is supposed to induce shitting. Nothing worked and I sat in the bathtub full of warm water because it was the only place I could sit without pain. We called the nurse hotline and they gave some positions to try that should help, but to go to the hospital if it didn't pass within 30min. This all started at 11pm. Fast forward to 8am, the fiancee left for work a few hours ago and the pain became unbearable again. I drove myself to the emergency room, after a finger up the bum (ow) they put me on an IV with gravol and fluids. Shove another finger up my bum covered with numbing cream, then they stuck an oil based enema up my rectum and told me to hold it as long as possible. I fell asleep with the fluid up there and they came by to see if I had gone yet, I told them no and they sent me to the bathroom. Much pain later pulling the little cord which does nothing, I pass just urine out of my anus with the oil from the enema and nothing else. One of the nurses comes in afterwards and I beg him for a painkiller. Once I get out of the room they offer to inject morphine into my IV, but the pain is all gone so I turned them down. They tell me it's here if I need it, so I have much comfort knowing I can have it if needed. A couple hours later, we tried another tap-water enema, with a lighter pain killer first through the IV. This time I go to the bathroom, still in so much pain and pass a little bit of poop. All liquid, but I know there's a lot more up there. I come out and get another shot of the pain killer. It's been about 8 hours in the emergency room with no change, so I am sent home with an over-the-counter enema, some stool-softener suppositories, numbing gel, and a prescription for healing cream. Turns out I got an anal fissure...great. So I head home, and just spend the night trying to relax in the tub again and get a normal nights rest with some advil. Unsuccessful. Constant pain all night. When we wake up the next morning I've had enough. Stick the suppository up my bum, and try to let it soften the stool. About 15 min later I have to poop and it's excruciating. I expected to see the whole poop, but it was just the tiny toothpick of a suppository. If that hurt so much, I don't know how I'm going to be able to pass the whole poo! So on to the next. With more coats of numbing gel, I try the enema. I guess it went right into the poop, because the bottle would not empty no matter how hard it was pressed. It hurt so much so I just couldn't take anything else going up my ass! I was so fed up with things going in there, for me it's a 1 way only! After some more time in the bathtub and a lot more pain I figure it's time to go back to the hospital. The fiancee isn't working today so she drives me there, and we do the wait again for the doctor. When I'm finally admitted, today's doctor doesn't seem to care. He has me curl up on the bed in the admitting room, lubes his fat f***ing finger and just shoves it in. He goes left, right, forward and back. I have never felt so much pain, I screamed like never before, the whole waiting room could hear. I was begging him to stop and when he finally did it felt like he pulled the brick out. I look over expecting to see it and all it was was his f***ing fat finger. He says I got a piece of concrete up there. He refused any pain killer and thought I was a junkie looking for a fix. I wish they wrote in my file the day before I turned down morphine!! He sends me to a room to get another tap-water with soap enema, this time no pain killer. After arguing with the nurse that I need a pain killer first, we finally agree to do it without, and she sticks the tube in my ass. I cannot take it anymore, no more f***ing things up my ass for f***s sake. After some bitchy attitude, she says if not this way, it's gonna be through the top. What? What top? You mean there's something I can take from my fucking mouth instead of my ass????? Why the fuck didn't you start with that! The doctor comes in and recommends "polyethylene glycol 3350" and Milk of magnesia. He gives me a prescription for a cream that is used to relax muscles. Usually in pill form for heart attack patients to open the arteries, but in cream it can be used to open the anus and relax the muscle. We drive around the city trying to fill the perspiration, but it must be compounded, it's not just on the shelf. No one compounds after 6pm, or on the weekends, so we're stuck until monday. This was supposed to be the pain killer. I call the doctor telling him I need something else, and he finally agrees and says to get the pharmacist to call him. He gets him to create something else similar: nitroglycerin 0.2% compound, and I head home. My ass is in so much pain I just want a normal night, so I sit in the bathtub and pop some tylenol-codine until I can pass out. Frequent wake ups in the night again and are not fun.

So now to today...The good part. Wake up and take some polyethylene glycol 3350. It's supposed to soften the stool. I take some more codine and try and just sit tight until I can start the process. 3 hours later, I take another 17grams of polyethylene glycol 3350. I wait until I feel strong enough to try and tackle the problem, then I take two tylenol-codine. I wait 30min and take 4 tablespoons of milk of magnesia. I lie down on the bathroom floor with the tub 1/4 full of water and wait. I have a few smokes and try and relax watching some youtube videos. Finally it starts to hit. I squat in the tub and apply the nitroglycerin cream. Right away I can feel my anus open up and relax. I finally see some hope! I can feel the poop come right to the anus and it starts to hurt. This might be gross, but I put some cream on my finger and just start scraping at it. I'm scraping chunks of this fucker. The way I see it is the more I can get off, the less there is to shit out. I get all I can out, some little chunks, that's it for a couple minutes. The whole thing was relatively painless. The cream opened up my butt, and the scraping was smooth not to hurt. Then I get a break to lie back down watch some more videos, then back to it again. Scrape some more out, try pushing, and pull out whatever I can. I do this for about an hour and I'm starting to feel great. I got quite a bit out now, all without pain. I continue until it starts slowing down, and it's around 11pm, so I figure I'll get the rest tomorrow and get some sleep finally. I can feel the loss of nutrients, and the mess up of pills and medication in my body. I head to bed feeling good. Now it's 2am, I woke up in so much pain it felt like my bladder exploded or something. I head to the living room to walk in circles to try and walk it off, lie down, but nothing is helping the pain. I just wanted to wait until tomorrow to repeat the process with codine and softeners, but there's no way I'll make it. I run to the bathroom and start the tub. I grab the cream ready to start scooping again. This time I scoop once and then like a fucking rocket a few pounds of shit comes shooting out! I start laughing from the relief. I don't believe it. The combination of medications I took reformed the huge ball of little poops into one normal huge shit! It didn't even hurt coming out. I am feeling so good right now, it just happened about 20min ago. This website helped me with so much information I just had to share my story to hopefully help someone else out there. So that is what you should try:

TL;DR: Use a combination of "nitroglycerin 0.2% compound cream" and "Milk of Magnesia" and you should be very well off. "polyethylene glycol 3350" might have helped as well a few hours before. For me it was relatively painless, and I hope the same for you. This completely sucks and I vow right now to never let this happen again.

Sorry for the story, I just had to share because I'm still in shock that it's finally over after 4 days of hell. I really hope someone can benefit from what I did wrong, avoid that and skip straight to the good part! :) Happy shitting! :p

I wish I have the problem of constipation. Its been 8weeks today and I still have stomach issues. Just remember how ever long you were abusing opiates it affects your stomach also.

I wish I have the problem of constipation. Its been 8weeks today and I still have stomach issues. Just remember how ever long you were abusing opiates it affects your stomach also.

Yeah it doesn't help since it slows everything down.

Constipation used to mean nothing to me when I was younger I would just cut the chunks up with anal contractions. Now that my poor butthole is older it can't take it. I passed something the other day that wasn't even that big but caused bright red blood to come out after much straining (yes I went to the doc, they didn't seem concerned)

Good fun. I think stool softeners and water are the best thing since they aren't addictive you just have to take them in time. I wonder how many opiate addicts end up having to need a colostomy bag from laxative abuse.

Last week, I had the worst opiate constipation of my life. I finally was able to go for the first in five days. II knew it was going to be unpleasant, but I had no idea how bad. It was like giving birth- like a Hollywood birth on television where the women screams and pants like an animal. I would have screamed if I didnt live in an apartment. First, a little nugget came out, but there was more. What remained was so big and hurt so bad, I climbed on top of the toilet and tried to squat and make my butthole bigger. I felt something rip. Drops of bright red blood dripped into the water.

I squatted, perched on the lid, for another half hour before it crowned. After a few minutes of agony, something the size and texture of a small pineapple dropped into the toilet. It was followed by "after birth" of diarrhea and a little more blood. I had to break up that baby with stick to get it to flush.

I've crapped a few times normally since then, but it is still hurting a little. I'm trying to drink a lot more water to keep this from happening again. That or I'll have to quit opiates.

Last edited:
IMHO this constipation comes with the territory of dependence, and, or daily abuse of pain medication. (Codeine, dihydrocodeine, Oxycodone, Oxy Contin,
Dilaudid, etc. etc.
First, I learned the hard way over and over, never skip one day without a laxative, I much prefer, I try to always drink at least 10 or 12 oz of water, or my
preference is to mix Organic Carrot Juice with two very large tablespoons of MIRALAX. You are better off to do this twice a day, the first time you get out of
bed, and the last hour you are awake the night before. Dehydration is your enemy, it is mine. Drink as much water as you can, BEFORE you get the symptoms
of a spastic Colon, which is very painful, and takes hours to solve.
2nd. For several years, I also had access to Diazepam Suppositories, I purchased from a now closed down IOP, two of the 10mg Valium waxy Suppositories
helped me out a lot, if not, you may have to use standard Suppositories, like by Prepparation H. it is totally un-necessary, for all of this if you will just
drink two large teaglasses every day of the week. You really need to drink 10 to 12 tea glasses of pure water per day. I confess, I am lucky to drink 6 tall
tea glasses per day.
Believe me, as a recreational user of many drugs the past 40 years, since I was age 21, I am now 61+, and everyone will pay the consequences, as I am
now paying, for not taking out the time to use healthy self care. IMHO 90% of the worst offenders for me are any form of pain pills, and, the more addictive
one's, cause more constipation, than the softer meds of opiates, or synthetic opiates. Even 0.2 mg of TEMGESIC causes me constipation, more commonly
known as, Suboxone, or Subutex (buprenorphine)

I currently am heavy was heavy into Oxycodone such as "Percocet" generic 5/325 pills, but, have moved up to Oxy Contin 40mg, by insuffulation, (spelling?)
meaning I use the old formula, I still have access to, and grind them up, and snort them up my nose, just like I did powered Cocaine for 4 years during the
Disco Days 1978 to 1982.

Miralax is a miracle drug for me. I also have started using probiotics, called, Align take one capsule per day, the cost in the USA is about US $30.00 per month.
Due to my neglect in my 20's, 30's, 40's, I started having daily constipation when I reached age 50 over ten years ago. I used, Metamucil for all of my 50's.
until I gradually built up a tolerance, plus again, I have never drank enough pure water every day, that was 50% of my problem

3. In the USA, a soft stool softener, is also effective, but you must take 3 to 4 pills per day, in the USA it is called SENOKOT ("Senokot-K") is too strong, IMHO.
you can buy this mediction worldwide .....the active ingredient is called Senna, or sennosides, a natural vegetable laxative.

4. Due to my poor habits, now, I have to have a Colonoscopy, every other year, since I turned age 55, I will not gross you out, but ultimately, the surgeons, are
looking for Colon Cancer, due to my having polyps, they have to remove, and due to hemorrhoidal tissue I have, and due to a condition I now have called this
DIVERTICULOSIS Again, I blame 50% of this on my poor intake of water daily, my poor eating habits, low in fiber, and being dependant on D-amphetamine for
the past 21 years, and now oxycodone for the past ten years starting only in my 50's.

Last edited:
Ugh... the first 2-5 months on Subutex I was shitting maybe once - twice a week, it would be a hard poop but it would come out in a log form... Now lately its been once a week if that and I am straining and pushing so hard that I realized this has to be unhealthy and researched and now I have been taking stool softeners everyday, but still can not shit. I today went and bought glycerin suppositories.... I put in in there and laid in bed waiting to have to go... I ended up not really "having to go" and tried to force myself... I pooped a little bit, but lord knows there is a lot more that needs to come out.... SO now I just went to the store and bought the Magnesium Citrate... Will update you guys soon.

Lactulose always works for me. The best example is just a couple days ago - took a large (84ct) box of lope and 30ml lactulose, shits remained pretty normal.

To be honest, I've tried everything natural to combat the constipation. I eat salads every day, for the ruffage. I drink water like a fish and chew fiber gummies. I'm not sure if it's the amount of Oxycodone my dr has me on, 30mg IR 3xs a day, but I'm always constipated. I just used saline Fleet suppositories a few times a week to relieve myself. The constipation is the worst part for me. Well, not as pad when my medication doesn't seem to work and I lay in pain for hours. I wish you well, and a good crap.

Being a life time citizen of the USA, and, with a education in Psychology, and especially dual addiction volunteer counseling for 28
years, I returned to the self administration of drugs with addiction potential about 20 years ago. Drug number one, is in a entire
different family from, drug number two.
With Drug number one, I took the choice, of having a USA Psychiatrist, who knows of my background in my youth, from teenage
years, until about age 30 of abusing, and/or experimenting with nearly all medications mentioned in this entire forum. In the USA,
ADHD has finally been recognized, more so than in the EU and elsewhere in the world, as a disorder, a neurological disorder, even
a disability, for not being able to focus and be attentive, from age 7 years old, now, even during the stages of one's entire adult life.
Therefore part of my reasoning, for breaking, 14 years, of my of 28 years of no alcohol, no nicotine, no mood altering drugs, was,
some of the happier days of my life in all of my 30's, and early 40/s. I began the controlled use of dextroamphetamine, initially, to
complete several undergraduate, and graduate and another profession degree, under the monitoring of a USA Psychiatirst, now, in
my 21st year of using dextroamphetamine from once a daily high of 55 mg per day, now, under the M.D's advice, and, my aging
process, have reduced my dose the past 5 years to 25 mg of dextroamphetamine per day. I have tried three or four times to taper
down to zero use,and, after 14 to 15 days off of the Adderall, or Dexedrine instant release, and or extended release versions, am
totally unproductive, and, depressed, and with a complete lack of motivation, to even take care of the daily chores of the mundane
tasks of daily independent living. With that being said, I will now disclose my secret, self administration, of a 2nd family of drugs,
the opiates, that even my Psychiatrist, is not yet aware of.

About ten years ago, after going thru a unexpected Divorce from hell, and a vicious fight over property settlements, "money" between my separated ex-wife, and myself, I am male, I had a court ordered "honestly very unfair restraining order" placed on me
that if I broke the rules, within one year, I would have been sent to prison. The disruption of living with a lot of creature comforts,
and a huge loss in income, (my ex-wife, was a highly paid RN working at one of the major USA hospitals in management, thus, I
am saying her income exceeded mine, and the health benefits, were nearly unlimited, when I was married. The USA lawyers
succeeded, in raising the hostility to very high expenses, and, due to the pressure, of a hit to my ego, and, some physical problems,
I had developed with my body, mostly standing all day long, on my feet, in several careers, at 6 ft and 200 lbs, I experienced daily
moderate pain in my feet, where I could not locate a desk job, without taking a unwilling hit on my income flow. I resorted to taking
opiates, "I am a pill popper, not a shooter", so in the year 2005 until 2010, I made a underground connection, where I could purchase nearly unlimited quantities of the USA pharmaceutical known as "Percocet" ( a altered version) of Percodan, each pill with
5 mg of 0xycodone, and 325 mg of APAP, or USA Tylenol. I managed this by never exceeding over two tablets per day, for five
years. "not necessarily a very high amount of 0xycodone at even 10 mg per day, and I averaged more often only 5 mg per day.
I lost my underground supplier, and years 6, 7, and 8, I found a IOP who could obtain, the lower scheduled, but still abuse able
and less popular drug, Sosenol, or Fortral as it is known in the EU, and Asia, and Talwin P as it is known in Canada. I developed a
tolerance to this, and my level of consumption, daily, partly due to being a less potent narcotic, was up to 150 mg per day of
Pentazocine tablets. This is where, I was in denial, but my constipation, began, even back in the days of my 5 years use of 5 mg
per day of 0xycodone. For relief as many have already stated on this very forum, I leaned on the USA 100% natural Psyllium
powder, stirred up in a tall tea glass of water at bedtime, sold in the USA as "Metamucil", as a "preventative" before, I started skipping any days, of no movement of any fecal matter, in my upper, or lower intestines and colon.

Somewhere I crossed the line, I don't know which year it was, but, I began skipping my daily use of Metamucil, and, once I was
constipated, then would try by day 2 to double dose on Psyllium Husk powder stirred in water to relieve myself of the familiar,
straining at the toilet, to pass stool, often hardened stool, due to another problem, I did not realize I was having, dehydratrion, from
just not drinking enough pure water daily, "that was 50% of my entire problem, never drinking at least 8 tall teaglasses, or at
least four (4) 750 ml of water, (which is 25.3 Fluid ounces of pure water per day, and, eating fast food, and not eating enough, fruits , especially like two or three pears in the AM hours, and high fiber cereal for breakfast.

By year 8 using opiates, mostly 0xycodone tablets, and later, Pentazocine tablets, my IOP source was unable to procure any more
stock of Pentazocine, Krka Fortral, to Sosegon, or Sanofi produced Talwin, anywhere. I then turned about 2 years ago, to the use
of 0xy Contin, with a large increase in dose, going from 5 to 10mg a day max, now, in the last two years to using 40 mg a day, in
"opiate runs" of on and off use, like 3 weeks at a time, and two to four weeks of withdrawals, due to the very high costs of OC.

I developed, some severe constipation, and my primary care physician, now aware of my "secret" demanded me to start having
a normal Colonscopy check up about 5 years ago, and now, my constipation, issues, have resulted, in a diagnosis, of this:
1. Hemorrhoids active
2. Diverticulosis, active (Pouches form when the Colon strains to remove hard stool) Next (worse) step is Diverticulitis, infection.
3. Constipation, active
4. Benign Adenomatous Polyp of the large intestine active (tumors that grow inside the bowels)
5, Personal history of Colon Polyps, non cancerous, all removed from Colonoscopies, in years 2004, 2007, 2013.
(These benign non cancerous polyps, usually have proven to become cancerous within 5 to 20 years if they are not removed)

"Knowledge is Salvation" (Socrates).

My attempts to abstain from the use of all opiate pain killers, has been a daunting task. IMHO
The first part, or easier part, is tapering down to non use.
The hardest part, is feeling "dope sick" a psychological-physical problem that can last up to one full year.
Many people, I have discovered from my former education, and volunteering, with addicts, is many "like me" go back to their
drug of choice, from the constant craving, "mostly in one's head" after say 90 days of abstinence, without any substitute,
medication, such as, Bupe, (Subutex, Suboxone in the USA) or Temgesic outside the USA, or Methadone. Thus the choices are
Buprenorprine, Methadone, or psychological support groups, removing ones-self from the sources of opiates, and IMHO, toughing
out that first year. Statistics, I have access to show up to 90% of normal addicts fail the first year, but the one's that survive
abstinence, usually stay off opiates, for good, as the psychological cravings are rare, if one obtains that first coveted year.
(That was the case for me, around age 30, with using powered cocaine, by what I call snorting the powder up my nose. That is
the exact problem I have resorted to on 5 of the last 10 years of opiate, or synthetic agonist, antagonist opiates, by breaking down
the pills into a powder, and snoring the powder by a straw thru my nasal system.

The vast expensive in the USA, especially the past 3 years of obtaining any form of 0xy, is a serious, and constant problem on my
month finances, and, my creative mind that using opiates would relieve my lifetime of Depression I have given up on, as in the long
run, it has made my Depression worse IMHO. Thus I am trying to relieve two dragons, "speed" and "opiates" and trying to withdraw off of both I have constantly failed, for at least the past 5 years on both. My priorities, are to work on relief from the opiates, as I
just cannot afford it (the lack of money) and the constipation, that comes with the territory of using opiates on non stop benders that often last for 3 weeks at a time non stop, then withdrawal, and my fear of developing cancer of the colon. I am now scheduled for annual or at least every other year colonoscopies, the rest of my natural life. A radical change in avoiding high fat foods and
switching to high fiber foods is another daunting task for me, with having to make this choice, in my interpretation choosing to live, or to get cancer, and die, 10 to 20 years before my lifecycle is up is what I am now faced with.

This blunt, and very direct subject of constipation, is just what I needed to hear as I embark on yet another venture again, already
on tapering down on opiates, due to lack of funds, and lack of access.

I am aware I type a wall of text, I will try to refrain in the future for not changing my communication skills. I just need to get this
off my chest. One more thing, I am laxative dependant every day. I alternate between USA Miralax,
(Polethylene Glycol 3350, Powder for Solution, Osmotic laxative, and, switch back and forth for one
week a month, just on USA "Senokot" (standardized senna concentrate) 4 tablets per day with water.
Otherwise, constipation has become just too painful, for me to deal with. My diet and water intake, still has not changed enough, to get off of the laxatives completely.

Last edited:
The VERY best Medications I have used to get rid of Opiate induced constipation ARE-

1. BISACODYL LEXATIVE 5MG TABLETS (Available OTC and RX)

These were a god send for me, I have been RX'd Bisacodyl for 6+ months, and the FIRST day I tried it, my constipation WENT AWAY. I am RX'd 15mg Every 2 days, but I take 10mg 1 day, and 5mg the next.
I find dosing in that way to produce a better bowel movement.

2. METAMUCIL FIBER LEXATIVE POWDER (Available OTC and RX)

This also works GREAT! (This product is more pricey, though)
It comes in regular and orange flavors, I always go with the orange, I like sweet products better, ahah. Mix 1 TPS with 8 oz water, Mix, and drink.

NOTE*
Both products take up to 8 hours to produce a bowel movement, I take them before bedtime, and after I wake up I have a normal bowel movement and go perfectly with no constipation whatsoever.
This works for me while I'm on 90mg of Methadone, A LOT of opiate. So IMO, it SHOULD work for MOST opiate users!

I have found no particular foods/remedies to help with opiate constipation. The only thing that works well for me is Miralax (without turning my stool into water)