• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA agents traumatize family during raid on wrong house

Are there ever lawsuits won against these false raids/allegations?

As someone who experienced something similar, albeit a non-violent version, i found the answer is essentially 'no'. They're only brought/won in extreme circumstances. EXTREME circumstances.
/they were looking for a guy, who dated a girl, who rented my home from the woman i bought it from... my fiance still jumped at noises a year later. Not so much as an apology - hell, not even a real acknowledgment of error.

im just saying there isn't a reasonable excuse for the cops running around with a hard on to enforce "justice."

I was saying that I've met a lot of cool soldiers but I've met a lot of rude cops. I've met few nice cops and few rude soldiers. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military guys. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military.

Right, but if you lived in an area where the US military is engaged in combat as an invading force, you might feel differently. And the Military is implicated in a lot of misconduct, including war crimes such as hiding prisoners from the red cross/red crescent, torturing people, killing civilians and more. We just hear more about police misconduct then military misconduct because of what gets reported in most news outlets here.

I have the same experience as you with cops and soldiers, most soldiers I know are nice people and I've never met a cop I liked. But cops do their duties here and thus you see them acting in oppressor mode. The soldiers do their duties in other countries and so only those people see them in oppressor mode. Most soldiers are much less rude to Americans (especially white ones) then they are to Afghanis and Iraqis. If you lived in one of those places you'd probably think the US military is much worse then the US police.

Thnx pyschomim., am bl'ing from my cell so wasn't worth elaborating ;P
/damn touchscreen keyboards

SR: Great link man...wow is that nuts; if these agencies/forces/departments ever were made to pay for their mistakes, then there sure as hell wouldn't be as many as we see on the maps. They haven't learned their lesson because there isn't any lesson to be learned. There isn't any punishment, so if there is no consequence then why would they ever change their ways?

psychom: Good point. The soldiers in the Mideast and the agents/cops performing these paramilitary raids are operating under the same logic: the people inside are totally unreasonable, unable to be bargained with, armed to the teeth, and hell-bent on killing them at any cost. In the Mideast these people are terrorists, here in the USA these people are drug users. This "logic" is perpetrated by ignorance, misrepresentation by media and authorities/superiors, and infectious mob mentality, likely among a plethora of other factors. Those aren't even humans behind that door, and they certainly aren't fellow members of mankind...they're the enemy. Just imagine the propaganda that is pumped into the pliable and easily influenced young minds of these raid officers and soldiers on the ground, and how effective it must be when mixed with adrenaline and a potential (but highly unlikely) life-or-death situation. Once again, the irony of it is...this mentality and way of doing things makes these raiders MORE likely to be killed, not LESS; either by a homeowner who thinks he is being robbed or is startled off guard, or by someone who knows that their life is in danger from these crazed bastards. It turns the whole thing into a very sick cycle.

And, as always, the people who are responsible for and actually able to change things are at the top and completely out of harm's way. I hate wishing this upon any fellow man, but I wish there were more black markers on that map, or that a few of these peoples' children were behind those doors or caught in the crossfire. That's probably the only way that some positive change will come to this whole method of doing things.

Last edited: