• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Day 4 of no diazepam CT

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok so I have been using diazepam upto 15mg daily in the past 3 weeks then last week down to 5mg per night. This week I have had none whatsoever. Originally from December this year had been using 30mg daily for anxiety, but only worked for a short period.

i should also point out that I'm also taking tramadol and codeine as prescribed for ongoing chronic pain, would that suppress any withdrawals ?

i haven't really noticed any withdrawal effects except being more awake and finding it hard to go asleep. I don't want to start taking them again after doing 4 days without any and feeling okay, a little shaky at times but nothing major.

You tapered properly. Hopefully WD should be minimal.

You could have jumped down to 2.5mg for a week or 2, but most taper plans I’ve seen stop at 5mg. So you followed the textbook taper.

I’ve been doing research on this, as I will start a diazepam taper next week to get off clonazepam.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

You tapered properly. Hopefully WD should be minimal.

You could have jumped down to 2.5mg for a week or 2, but most taper plans I’ve seen stop at 5mg. So you followed the textbook taper.

I’ve been doing research on this, as I will start a diazepam taper next week to get off clonazepam.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

thanks buddy.

A friend of mine gets prescribed clonazepam, meant to be pretty powerful from what I've heard in comparison to diazepam, best of luck with it mate. But yea I've been on a reduction for diazepam previously whereas I was dropped by 2mg per 2 weeks.

Was this a medically supervised taper? Like did you get instructions and a script from your doctor? Or did you just do research and taper on your own?

Just curious.

Was this a medically supervised taper? Like did you get instructions and a script from your doctor? Or did you just do research and taper on your own?

Just curious.

it was a reduction plan supervised by my doctor, yes. But I reduced more than expected this time around

diazepam has a really long half-life, and several active metabolites with even longer half lives. That means that after 4 days you still have a good amount of diazepam in your system. You're probably not going to hit the real w/d symptoms until its been 5-7 days, and even then I'd imagine the peak symptoms would appear somewhere between the 8th-15th day. Its half life is so long its hard to tell exactly when it will be uncomfortable, but you most defiantly have valium in your system and you wont have real withdrawal symptoms until your blood levels get really low.

That said, you did taper, so it wont be as bad as going the cold turkey route, but you should expect to experience more, slightly worse symptoms in the near future

IMO the benZo wd boogeyman is often blown way out of proportion.. you were on relatively low amounts of Valium so your taper probably did the job to get rid of any symptoms you may have felt.

It's not uncommon to see people coming off of like 15mg a day for years alprazolam habits.. those are the situations where seizure and death are possible.

To put in in perspective you were taking about 1.5mg equivalent of alprazolam daily tapering down to .5/day . Sometimes the high equivalence of Valium throws ppl off n makes them think it's more than it actually is.

All IMO of course.