• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 4 and I'm PISSED!

Sick girl

Greenlighter
So I went cold turkey 4 days ago. The worst is over. But I'm MAD. At everything all the time. Weed helps at night. But I'm responsible for a lot of things during the day. And I can't just be freaking out over nothing. I'm looking for suggestions......aside from exercise, at this point I'm not feeling good enough to go there. If I move around too much the nausea starts kicking my ass. I have never gone through this with the intention of never using again. It was always just w/d a couple of days till refill day. So for me this is uncharted territory. Any advise helps. My doctor has no idea how to handle any of this. When I try to talk to him I get a "deer in the headlights" look. So I'm really feeling like I'm on my own. I'm looking for suggestions and maybe a little support. My family doesn't get it. As far as they are concerned I stopped taking Advil. Thanks for listening.

If your working with a doctor consider trying Indural (propranolol). It's a non-addictive beta blocker that should help take the edge off and reduce that aggressive irritable feeling. Stay strong - you're doing great! It will get better with time.

Yeah my doc is kind of... Well he's decided that I'm a junky and won't respond to my emails. And is insisting that his next appt isn't for 3 months. I appreciate the pats on the back though.

Yeah my doc is kind of... Well he's decided that I'm a junky and won't respond to my emails. And is insisting that his next appt isn't for 3 months. I appreciate the pats on the back though.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Was prescribed oxycodone, 80mg a day for a year. But that was easily gone within a couple of weeks.

It sounds like you were doing what I did after knee surgery. I would get 240 10s hydrocodone for the month. Within a couple weeks they would be gone. I'd wd for a few days and wait til next visit. I think I wd so often that my body became accustomed to it.

As far as the irritability it will fade fairly quickly (maybe a couple weeks) but if you feel you really need some comfort from the irritability then I would say try finding a new doc and just be upfront right off the bat.

Are you still having other symptoms of wd?

So I went cold turkey 4 days ago. The worst is over. But I'm MAD. At everything all the time. Weed helps at night. But I'm responsible for a lot of things during the day. And I can't just be freaking out over nothing. I'm looking for suggestions......aside from exercise, at this point I'm not feeling good enough to go there. If I move around too much the nausea starts kicking my ass. I have never gone through this with the intention of never using again. It was always just w/d a couple of days till refill day. So for me this is uncharted territory. Any advise helps. My doctor has no idea how to handle any of this. When I try to talk to him I get a "deer in the headlights" look. So I'm really feeling like I'm on my own. I'm looking for suggestions and maybe a little support. My family doesn't get it. As far as they are concerned I stopped taking Advil. Thanks for listening.

If you can go about finding a doctor to prescribe you Oxycodone or get it on the street, then you can find a way to get some buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex). Have you ever used this medication?

Other than finding some comfort meds and supportive folks to help you through this, all I suggest you try doing is being kinder and gentler with yourself. Take it as easy as possible. I understand you have a lot of responsibilities that create a lot of stress. Slowing down will help in exploring ways to more effectively manage your responsibilities, obligations, stress, work - life generally. Work with your intuition and get creative with how you go about life. You'll go further than you know :)

Keep you head up OP! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try and stick it out before turning to bupe.

Its an emotional rollercoaster early on. Emotions effect our thinking, but its a two way street and our thibkibg effects our emotions.

your doing great.. keep it really simple and focus your thoughts in the present.

if we slip into the past or worry about the future we can get hit with strong unpleasant emotions.

check out some of the good mindfulness information found in SL and TDS.

Your doing great.. keep rolling and you will like where you end up!