• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dating a non- drug user ?

on the other side of this i was a non-drug user who started going out with a drug user and it was him who got me into it...it was obviously all my own choice but i thank him very much for introducing me to the wonderful world of em-de-em-aiii..also, f*$k u, u stupid pig i hate your guts!! (bad break up)
i think its important tho to maintain a balance with friends/partners who DO and friends/partners who DONT, keeps you sane and in closer touch with reality...
luv'n u all and super big hugs...leecie

One of my gf's was an anti-drug person (even I was when we started going out) we were together 4 2 years. Towards the end she always wondereed why I was in bad moods on Sundays and at times didnt 2 c her
smile.gif

i was engaged to a girl who was a non-drug user (i actually kept the whole thing private from her)
i was going to give it up (utopia at wonderland was my swansong.. and wot a swansong). after we broke up, i went back to raving (and have met some of the best people because of it!!)
i still love the time i thought i had been sold a dud pill.. i waited nearly two hours, decided it was crap and went to the car to call her for a chat..
5 mins into the conversation, the pill hit me
"well, then i...FARRRKK!.. i gotta go.." hang up and run back to party...
------------------
** ADVERTISE YOUR BUSINESS HERE **
For a good time, call Lucy (02)82500327
[This message has been edited by muzby (edited 17 August 2001).]

maybe one day muzby, maybe one day
what if a boat carrying a huge shipment gets slayed in a hurricane, sending the boat skyward and its contents in little pieces and then its sweet sweet bounty will be dumped upon sydney... (like how it rains fish and frogs in places)
OR a pill labratory in bush somewhere gets sucked up and so forth....
OR Stylin when he's a mega famous DJ/producer will get his air balloon and drop pills from the air to all so everyone can get in on the act....
smile.gif

------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

Okay then, challenge this peoples:
A Hypothetical case:
Wot if the partner used to take drugs but is over them and doesn't take them anymore because of the negative effect it they realised it had on them, or maybe they saw the 'light' and realised that they didn't need drugs anymore due to spiritual beliefs and possibly health reasons. Therefore they feel that it is foolish of themselves to watch and accept their partner taking drugs and they try to persuade them to stop. So in this situation, the anti -drug partner is not naive and narrow minded at all or are they?

i dont think being naieve really comes that much into it
in that case, they are still being close minded to the extent that they are not allowing their partner to choose, but they are being unfair in the regards of making the user undergo a lifestyle change due to their beleifs....
people suffer adverse effects true, but some can handle them better then others to the point of where there are no pressing adverse effects...
its all horses for courses really
------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

Pigsney, remember that everyone hates an ex-smoker who preaches. Why? Because they are to busy trying to justify there actions or inactions as is the case. I would think that it would be the same as for any other drug.

Thank you all for the responses ,you drugies make alot of sense
smile.gif
gave me alot to think about especially balance i dont really have the kind of balance that you speak of at the moment between users and non users althou i do feel the need for it .I suppose another thing i should mention is that i was (still am)on a much needed break just before meeting this girl,a break that i did not set a date to resume just playing it by ear at the moment kinda thing .Has a girl ever caught your eye that was so unbelievably drop dead gorgeous that it left you just a lil bit intimidated about even attempting to utter a word to her ,well this is the one ,3 seconds passed and so did that feeling and after a few choosen words she smiled ,that smile just made my day , no no no when she asked me out that my friends made my fucking day
smile.gif
very happy to say the least , she use to pop ,party and all that but hasnt dropped in years (didnt actually ask if she would again) i dont mind at all that she doesnt i think its me maybe looking for that balance,i told her yeah im still into it every few weeks or so i do the do but did not tell her i was on a break and she said she had no problem with that at all , sometime later and things are going very very well ,actually ive never been so content ,its time for her to meet my friends ,my peaking friends . things went very well and everyone got along fine or so i thought a few of my friends said she was not my type and i think it is solely because i told them she didnt drop ! which was a bit of a shock to me and left me a little cut up by there comment ,considering how important it was to her to make a good first impression with my friends that she has heard so much about .maybe they think that they may lose me to the "dark side" so to speak and that i might just change my lucid ways and become a non user ,who fucking knows ? oh and on another related topic how is relationship comedown sex with a person who is not also coming down ,anyway i gots to go,have a good weekend all .
(() (() (() (() (() (()
[This message has been edited by pE@K-a-TrOnIc (edited 17 August 2001).]

i have actually never dated a guy who doesn't or hasn't used drugs (not that i wouldn't, i just haven't).... and in one of these relationships it was actually the drugs which kinda came between us. whenever we, or actually he, was on gear of any kind (especially mdma) he would totally withdraw from me and be really distant. the best moments we ever shared were when there were no drugs involved. it really upset me that the guy i really liked and thought really liked me didn't want to have anything to do with me when he was pilling. it also really hurt, and actually precipitated our break-up, when he met this girl at a rave we went to together (and who came to the recovery with us) and kept telling me how much he liked her and wanted to share/work through some issues together with her on e.
sorry if this is off topic, but i just thought i'd share an experience where drugs came between a relationship.......
bk
------------------
.... if only i'd have found you sooner, maybe you'd have found me saner ....

I used to be against drugs, but curious. I told my boyfriend when we started going out that I didn't want him doing them anymore, and he agreed. Then I tried it one night, and there is no problem now =) Both parties are happy.
------------------
"The sweet cotton candy kiss of transcendental bliss"

For a while I dated a chick who was doing drugs WAY TOO much. I wouldn't really have minded, but she started getting real self-destructive. When we started going out, she was more like me, every weekend on something, but still moderation and the ability to stop, if she had too.
She started dealing more and more regularly, decided to drop out of school, nearly got kicked out of home (was for a little while)
I started getting real, real worried about her, and I would try and go whole weekends with out either of us doing anything. It was no problem for me, but it was for her. I finally suggested she books herself into rehab (I was tactful though), she exploded (I suspect she was high - she kept trying to hide it from me I think, not really sure either way though). It went like this for another couple of weeks, but then I thought "enough’s enough", and I gave her the ultimatum of "I'll stand by you, I won't leave you, but you have to fix your problem". She went a bit ballistic, and we broke up, I was really sad coz I really liked her (unfortunately).
We totally drifted apart, right down to social contacts. She got arrested a few months later and bla bla bla (you can pick what happened next)
From what I've heard more recently though, shes picked herself up, and is working and stuff, and most importantly is either right off drugs, or is taking in more moderation.
But to cut a long story short (too late) be very careful getting involved with someone who is into drugs more than you are, if you are a moderate user.
That was not really answering anything specific to this topic, but I think is kinda relevant.

there is nothing worse than giving someone you care about their first proper pill then watching them getting hooked....
------------------
meet me in your dreams

My girlfriend is a bluelighter, who hasn't taken and pills, but goes to events with me. She has no problems with me (or anyone) taking pills (she thinks I'm amusing when I'm peaking).
Being with her though, has given me a new perspective on why I take drugs, and whether I need them at events. I don't really want her looking after me while I'm an e-tarded puddle.
Last night, we went out and I had my first non-drugged event for a long, long time. And I found out that I had an awesome time and danced heaps instead of spending half my time on the floor. I actually remembered the sets and the things that happened during the night.
For me its been a good thing, as I've evaluated my usage and my reasons for pilling. I've probably been using too much and for the wrong reasons. I'm not sure wheter I want to pill at events any more -- I prefer home drops anyway... and I'll probably decrease my use.

I am with 'lil leecie on this one, except I suspect there are more profanities in my case...
One thing about my experience was that even though my boyfriend opened my mind to drugs, I didn't drop my first pill with him {which cut him to the absolute shithouse}. Mainly because he had the attitude that I was there to help him when he was fucked up, or his head had turned to mush. He put me on this pedestal that meant that I was his angel {no irony intended} and he always said that I was better than that. After we worked through the breaking his heart bizzo he took my acceptance of the scene as his ticket into heavily using any substance he could.
It turned out {in my biased opinion} that I was his non-user who helped him keep a stable outlook on the world and a healthy mind when it came to drug use. Once that had been breached and my halo had been bent {literally, hehe
smile.gif
} he saw no reason as to why he couldn't do whatever the fuck he pleased. The only thing was that he was still overly protective of what I did, and restricted alot of what I could and could not do when we went out together.
I think that we have open minds purely because we have experienced the feeling and dabbled in the scene. People who haven't been exposed to drugs have a different perspective because they are not as educated as some. That's not to say that everyone who is uneducated is closed minded, but I think we have to keep in mind that when we were 14 or whatever, drugs were bad mmkay to us as well. It's just a matter of circumstance that opened our minds to the situation. So I'm with Tars on that one, try to teach them, if they don't want to listen...then you can make judgement.
Point to the story... the relationship was fucked and we were both users. I think alot of it has to to with the individuals involved and how they came about using drugs.
I think thats all.

There was a thread on this about 9 months ago, i remember posting on it.
I have a gf. I cane it on drugs. She hardly drinks, only socially, and never to excess. We've been together 16months. couldn't be happier.
It is an issue sometimes (how do you explain away a desire to do opiates to a nurse??), but i think there is more to the r'ship than that.
Peak or anyone else - if you have any Q's or wanna chat, feel free to email me
smile.gif

Melting: I think that if someone knew that track then they'd be a drug-user so there'd be nothing to worry about
wink.gif

Gregington - Ahhhh..... *backs away from computer and pukes on floor* Nah, I know what you mean though. After Saturday, I'm kinda pissed that I dropped, 'cos I remember shit (except for the photos) and hardly danced. But sitting and fucking with Jakoz and BFB's heads was fun!!
Me and Luro made a pact: no pilling at events, until late, and then having the afters go for as long as our roll!! I think that that's probably the way to go.
Back on the topic though, I have to say that my ex didn't understand at all. He thought that pilling and whizzing would eventually lead to heroin and injecting other drugs. I say "No way!! I'm allergic to needeles!!" At least my ex before that actually listens to why I do it, and tries to understand...
------------------
You startin' shit??

Yeh its funny how having a gf who doesnt do drugs gives u this other view that u might not get from your friends. the biggest thing i noticed was i stood back and took a look at my life, resulting in me stopping use altogether.