• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Dark Brown to Black on Marquis

Itsgoneundertheboa

Bluelighter
Looking for a little guidance. I've tested quite a few samples in my time but keep coming up with a strange one for MDMA in pill over last 12 months.

In short I've tested three differing samples together.

Sample one is a supposed 210 mg pill
Sample two is a supposed 170 mg pill
Sample three is crystal

On samples one and two both pills are definitely different batches not same press etc.

On both pill samples the Marquis turns dark brown within 3 seconds of drop on sample and then continues to black within 10 seconds. It's not a red brown of Amps just a deep dark dirty brown.

On the third which I know is MDMA GC/MS same marquis agent used it turns 3 seconds to dark purple.

On all other reagents Simons, robadope, mandelin and mecke things look good and no difference between them all.

As a guess I'd of said samples one and two may have some form of sugar bulk agent added but I'm still concerned that for a long time now I've always seen Black or very deep purple with no dark brown before.

I've tried to discount shelf life with a sugar test and that looks fine! Plus the fact I am getting a hit on crystal says its still good.

Anyone else see dark brown these days before black? Anyone have any idea why!

All the other reagents are fine? Probably one of the binders reacting if I had to guess.

Thanks Transform. Yep other reagents look bang on. There is a difference in the mandelin between the pills and the crystal as well but it's not as pronounced as that of the marquis and goes black quickly for all samples.

I'm thinking it must be sugar based binder although straight sugar when I test seems a lot slower to react.