Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Daredevil

I actually enjoyed this more than Spiderman.

Maybe I just prefer the Daredevil character to Spiderman?

Many of the scenes with Bullseye were laughable, but that is what made this movie so much fun for me.

:)

I think all of the superhero movies that have been produced in the last ten years are subpar, but then I expect that when a story is transferred from its original medium to the screen.

because there's more to life than a bluelight forum...

that doesn't make the film any better though ;)

but anyway, not that i really care; was just curious

well, put another way, while the participants here did not enjoy the movie, perhaps they're not representaive of the population in general? 'tough-crowd syndrome'

you can look at the issue absolutely or relatively, after all.

regards

alasdair

GIGLI must be horrible. I was forced to endure 20 whole minutes of Daredevil last week and I was traumatised. If anythings worst than Daredevil it should be burnt and removed from society.

Never watched Gigli, and I don't plan to - ever.

Daredevil, however, I was okay with. I didn't read much of the comicbook, so I wasn't going in with great expectations. It bothered me the effort put into developing Jennifer Garner's character "Elektra" (another one I never read in comics), as if this movie was just a launch pad to spin her off as fast as possible. Likewise, I love Michael Clarke Duncan, and his character wasn't developed or used for much of anything other than a villian that could have been played by a cardboard cutout. Meh, I don't much care for Ben Affleck in general, but I'll cut him some slack for taking on a lead role as a hero....wait, he does that all the time....but with a mask? Okay, he sucked. Even not knowing much about the character from the comics, he and the writing simply didn't develop this central character for me much at all, and I walked away knowing about as much as I did when I came in...and I cared just a little less. Bullseye was the only really enjoyable part of the film for me. I like comic book style films, but this one was flat. Were it not for Colin Farrell, I'd have left feeling very disappointed, even coming in without expectations.

A lot of films suffer the 'not as good as the book' syndrome, especially comic books, but this one simply failed as a film - forget trying to live up to anything else.