• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

dangers of gravity bongs

But why does that make you loose respect for the drug? I think I have even more respect for weed now I need to smoke a shitload to get stoned properly.. :)

inale the smoke, don't force it down, just inhale and you'll be fine in my opinion. lol, may not get as fucked up i mean, but its worth it.

i love gravity bongs, but all glass bongs are way better, fuck having metal or acryilic, glass on glass like Roors rule.

I recommend you that dont make gravity bongs with plastic bottles because when you burn the foil the plastic begin to melt and releases a very bad and dangereous fumes and it's very bad for our precious lungs. So break the bottom of a glass bottle carefully and try like this you'll love it.

Blowmonkey said:
But why does that make you loose respect for the drug? I think I have even more respect for weed now I need to smoke a shitload to get stoned properly.. :)

First allow me to clarify: by saying "lose respect" I am meaning that someone is over indulging far too frequently. So, my feeling is that if someone needs to smoke a shitload to get faded that usually means that they've been smoking too much / too frequently in the past. Im definitely not someone that can say that they havent ever lost respect for Mary Jane (i used to smoke an ounce a week for a year or so straight), but I realized that smoking so much weed was really starting to affect my life negatively. Now, I smoke a little bit of ganja every 4-7 days and I find that Mary Jane and I's relationship has benefited from my new found moderation.

^^^same here likuid with the whole moderation thing...

Anyways, my "danger of gravity bongs" is that whenever me and my friends do it (which is very rarely,usually bongs)
somehow someone always lifts the 3 liter bottle too high and its completely out of the water. Which means the smoke gets let out and the bowl of weed usually pops out then falls in the bucket...8o

frizzantik said:
I used a gravity bong (aka a bucket) for over a year as my main piece. I would probably take 2 liter hits 10 times a day or more. eventually nothing besides the gravity bong was even worth hitting.. i wouldnt get stoned from a regular bong. i moved into a new place and the gb had its own closet.. it was like the shrine lol you kneeled down and prayed to the buddha god with a few deep breaths, then you bow your head and kerpow =D you get a fat rip but it would always make me incapacitated for a minute or so afterward because i couldnt stop coughing... it was the ultimate 'bong cripple' effect.

Exact same as me only ive been using it for about 3 years and its the only way i smoke now.

mitz-e said:
Exact same as me only ive been using it for about 3 years and its the only way i smoke now. We had one in school too :D

I think the reason many people find GB to be harder on the old lungs is due to the pressure on your lungs during inhaling.

When you pull your GB you pull the water up to your lips hence effectivly holding the weight of the water up also, to stop this move down with the GB so the smoke glides into your lungs instead of sucking it up. 8(

^^ Hope this makes sense.

This is how i smoke buckets and it works amazing and it dosent kill ur lungs

To make a bucket you need a bottle and a container the bottle fits in, DO NOT USE PLASTIC i used to use plastic but i made the swicth to glass and haven't looked back, I use a Heinz Ketchup bottle and a glass juice pitcher.

Most people i know cut the enitire bottom off of the bottle, but i find that if you just make a little hole in the bottom it works much better, if ur using glass, a drill and a glass drill bit will make a perfect hole (if u dont have a glass drill bit a masonary drill bit works good to)

For a bowl i use a glass bowl from a bong, using one made from foil definetly sux, and make sure the bowl seals perfectly on the bottle.

To smokepbut the modified bottle in the pitcher, fill up with water(in the winter a snow water slush mix works awesome)

But the bowl on top of the bottle, pack it, light it and lift the bottle up, leave about half an inch of water in the bottle, pull it out completely out of the water remove bowl and suck the sweet smoke up into ur lungs. The water left in the bottle will create a bong hit effect when u suck. Put the bottle back in the pitcher and repeat unto nicely blazed

PEACE

Last edited:
shit everytime i smoke i use a gravity bong...for like the past 2years-no shit

lol i hope they dont mess up ur lungs or anything else bad

Originally posted by -=ReD-hAzE=-
Because when you heat it, it releases oxidized aluminum, which you then inhale. Not good for ya.

another myth?

alasdair

if your GB / buckets hitting you too harshly, then try this... cover the top of the bottle with your hand and push the whole thing under the water, it cools the smoke off a heap and makes it alot easier to take.

also... ping pong balls anyone? they eliminate the nasty "sucking up a lung full of bucket water" problem

(once i got really sick from my festy black bucket water... changed the water and noticed a dead cockroack at the bottom, thats lovely :) )

DeSpise said:

(once i got really sick from my festy black bucket water... changed the water and noticed a dead cockroack at the bottom, thats lovely :) )

I change my bucket water everyday because I like my water nice and clean, also the nice thing about using glass is you can see in it so you dont have to worry about stuff like that!!!!

DeSpise said:
if your GB / buckets hitting you too harshly, then try this... cover the top of the bottle with your hand and push the whole thing under the water, it cools the smoke off a heap and makes it alot easier to take.

Holy shit man! if that works your a goddamn genius, no kidding! cant belive i never thought of that through out my 2years of smoking gravity :\

I find that if u add crushed ice or snow to ur water it helps out on the harshness too

Also try keeping ur bucket in the fridge it keeps it nice and cool too

buckets are fucked, they force wayyyyy too much smoke into your lungs. my mates smoke buckets all the time...i just pass and have bongs. they're fucked, after a night on the bucket, my lungs feel like they're clogged for a few days & my throat feels like something has violated it.

Yeh my mate pushes the bottle under the water to cool it down and says it works for him. I just smoke that shit man!