• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dancing,hot weather, drugs, and the heart beat

China Rider

Bluelighter
When I dance it tends to be a full blown cardio workout- transferring all my weight from one foot to the other repeatedly, hopping in the air, and making sudden stops along the way.... I enjoy the music so much I can't control my self and HAVE to dance.

Next weekend i'll be at a three night long music festival where there will be a hot sun, amphetamine/tobacco use and plenty of dancing ....any tips, advice or techniques(besides the obvious) to help prevent heart explosion?

I do get prescribed Klonopin, but don't want to eat my entire script over a weekend...

Take breaks, sit in the shade for a while, drink water, and make sure you keep breathing? But really I think it boils down to keeping yourself in check and making sure you sit the fuck down every now and then.

I'm going to move this over to Healthy Living to discuss the CardioVascularSystem.

Homeless >>> HL

I'm sure you're going to get bored after the first eight hours or so. Regardless, just take breaks, keep a drink (of water!) in your hand, take it easy on the drugs, and if your body starts to hurt, STOP.

Oh and sleep or something. That's always helpful.

Definitely get at least a few of hours of sleep every night, go easy on the stimulants. If you're going to eat any MDxx I'd do it once over the whole festival with a redose or two. Also make sure to eat healthy, at least one large solid meal and snack on nuts, seeds, fruit, etc. Invest in a camelbak so it's easy to drink large amounts of water and party in the crowd for awhile. Give your legs some rest because two weeks ago I thought I damaged my knee from an earlier longboarding accident by constantly dancing, walking, and not resting enough.

oh and have fun