• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Daily Goalsetting and Gratitude Thread!

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Hey everyone!

I would love to start a daily gratitude and goalsetting thread.

The format can be as follows, but if something different works for you, go your hardest

Post in the morning:
1. Goal 1
2. Goal 2
3. Goal 3

Short statement about how I will achieve these goals and the benefit to my life they will bring.

Post in the evening.
1. First thing that you are grateful for
2. Second thing
3. Third thing

If you struggle to do 3 of each, 2 is fine.

I will start.

My goals tomorrow, are:
1. Have an open conversation with a friend about my MH this weekend
2. Ask him if he can call me Monday for a check in for both of us
3. Have a shower when I wake up.

Being open with this friend allows me to be accountable and not withdraw and isolate myself. Checking on him also makes me feel useful as a friend. I have to shower, it's been a while.

Good luck! Doing this helped me a lot when I was doing better and I am starting to implement it again.

I messaged my friend yesterday and we had a good chat. He called me this afternoon before I had a nap and it helped. I'm helping him with his drinking and getting his ADHD diagnosed as well since i told him I thought he had it. Doctor agrees. He's burnt out badly and I'm the only person he knows with burnout from being neurodiverse so it's nice being helpful.

Showered yesterday.

Goals for tomorrow
1. Upload my grant application
2. Do a load of laundry and put away dry laundry
3. Practice guitar for a while for my lesson Wednesday

goals
1. do dishes
2. put away clean clothes, wash and dry dirty clothes at laundromat
3. do some gardening

living in a clean and harmonious environment is good for my mental health and motivates me to cook for myself, i like keeping the garden happy because it makes me happy.

i did the laundry and gardening then was too pooped out to do the dishes.
i had a lot of fun gardening though
i've grown 3 pumpkins from kitchen scraps, ill post a pic tmrw

grateful for:
- fergus my lap cat
- the generosity of others
- the earth the soil, plants

this is going good for me ,my mood is quite a bit better than usual, before i was non-functional and it would take a herculean effort to get anything done.
but its kinda aligning with taking 450mg bupropion, i'm feeling a bit manic so i'm starting 20mg lurasidone, im curious if it can work at that dosage without the side effects i get at higher doses.

I got noooooothing done yesterday. Two support workers didn't come. Well not nothing. I stayed in bed all day and that was kinda cause I was given seroquel to help me sleep and it knocked me the next day. But I did make pizza from dough which is something I have never done before ever! I need to work on stretching the dough but it was tasty. A friend of mine wants to come over for a pizza night and Mario party. So that seems cool.

Tomorrow:
1. Do laundry. Take dry laundry in, put clean laundry away, put another load on.
2. Tidy bathroom and living area.
3. Practice guitar and sort some breadtags.

1: Wake in the now and go forth in the world with a positive vibe.

2: Create a meal that will be enough to feed and be enjoyed by my client during my two days off.

3: Shave and get cleaned up for the work week.

4: Give Budah a bath to keep her free of any urinary infections (at least once every two weeks... she has a lot of hair and when she goes to the bathroom there is always the little pee or poop that gets caught up in her fur. I do clean her once or twice a day with wipes but baths are necessary.)

5: Get wife on board with making and keeping an appointment with her pain management doctor.

1. tidy, vacuum and mop living area
2. tidy bedroom
3. call mechanic and see if there is any hope for my van

i think this could be good supplementary material to help with goal-setting / life design

id been putting off calling the mechanic for about 6 months so it was a lot easier than i expected.
i tidied the living area but was really tired from missing out on sleep a past night.

todays goals
- clean kitchen area
- tidy bedroom
- check on worm bins/shred cardboard

music is so good as a companion, i had been missing that for a while

Today I am grateful for having people in my life who advocate for me when I can't, and who accept me as I am despite my really unusual weird quirks and aspects to myself.

Tomorrow I want to
1. Go get my prescription
2. Tidy in front of my TV
3. Practice guitar and piano for a bit after work.

Wish me the best I have 3 goals that I plan to implement into my life on Monday.

1.Goal 1 wake up make it to detox and make sure I'm mentally prepared and I don't make excuses
2.Take my journal that I use for writing how I feel to help me through the opiate detox and I'm sure it'll be easy as it'll be Suboxone taper for 5 days or 6 then gradually get new of it completely and on the right meds
3. Talk to counselors to see how I can change my behavior and also since I'm in college I don't want drug use to be a barrier anymore so I plan to study lil by lil as I'm used to studying in opiates and off them I'm not as energized to

Sorry goals are long but I know they can be labeled long term in a sense 😄

Hey everyone!

I would love to start a daily gratitude and goalsetting thread.

The format can be as follows, but if something different works for you, go your hardest

Post in the morning:
1. Goal 1
2. Goal 2
3. Goal 3

Short statement about how I will achieve these goals and the benefit to my life they will bring.

Post in the evening.
1. First thing that you are grateful for
2. Second thing
3. Third thing

If you struggle to do 3 of each, 2 is fine.

I will start.

My goals tomorrow, are:
1. Have an open conversation with a friend about my MH this weekend
2. Ask him if he can call me Monday for a check in for both of us
3. Have a shower when I wake up.

Being open with this friend allows me to be accountable and not withdraw and isolate myself. Checking on him also makes me feel useful as a friend. I have to shower, it's been a while.

Good luck! Doing this helped me a lot when I was doing better and I am starting to implement it again.
Feeling comfortable in my own skin, getting through work shift without fucking anything up or being too awkward, and feeling better about my interpersonal relationships.

We'll see if I remember to come back to this lol.

Wish me the best I have 3 goals that I plan to implement into my life on Monday.

1.Goal 1 wake up make it to detox and make sure I'm mentally prepared and I don't make excuses
2.Take my journal that I use for writing how I feel to help me through the opiate detox and I'm sure it'll be easy as it'll be Suboxone taper for 5 days or 6 then gradually get new of it completely and on the right meds
3. Talk to counselors to see how I can change my behavior and also since I'm in college I don't want drug use to be a barrier anymore so I plan to study lil by lil as I'm used to studying in opiates and off them I'm not as energized to

Sorry goals are long but I know they can be labeled long term in a sense 😄
All formats of goals welcome here friend.

i lost focus for a bit, but i am trying afresh today, i think this will help with the mild depressive mood i'm feeling.
sunday goals
- put away clean clothes and put on 2 loads of dirty clothes to hang
- tidy living space and kitchen area
- cook dinner