• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

CYP2D6 inducing for tramadol/codeine

neurotic

Bluelighter
trying to keep it short. first i know this subject is old, i did my research and still got some doubts. this could be in OD but i'd like some responses from you guys here in NPD who seem to be more, you know, educated and stuff

i found i'm a very poor CYP2D6 kind, 360mg codeine and 375mg tramadol at different times no tolerance not getting me high at all, which was really disappointing for me...

reading about CYP2D6 inducers on wiki i found like 3 compounds which are like completely out of question. and on other drug related forums about potentiating tramadol, it's always about grape fruit juice, st. john's wort, cimetidine... and some people say they're inducers, while some say they're inhibitors, so it doesn't help me at all.

so this is like my last hope... is there any not-obscure thing i can take together with codeine/tram to help it, or should i just give it up all together?

i've read phenobarbital being both a CYP2D6 inducer and CYP3A4 inhibitor which apparently would be absolutely great and i have tons of that. i know barbs are very infamous but i could take a low dose like <100mg you know... i'd stay away from benzos/alcohol during the time ofc

this is just my last hope cuz really i like doing opiates once in a while, opium tincture is just not more available here and besides morphine being kinda annoying to get, it's just to compelling to not be IVed...

thx

Glutethimide is the one that springs to mind, an oldfashioned sedative. The combination used to be fairly famous, known as 'doors and fours', alluding to doriden, the brand name for the glutethimide and IIRC, tylenol 4 (I'm not a yank, so am not really familiar with no1/2/3/4/whatever 'tylenol's (really, its called paracetamol folks =D)

Glutethimide in addition to its sedative properties, also potently induced CYP-P450-2D6 and reputedly gave quite a nod, even off codeine.

Always wanted to try glutethimide myself.

yep i heard gluthethimide but apparently it's gone from the face of earth, would love to try that.

i decided just give up codeine/tramadol, because first i read another source about phenobarb not actually being a CYP2D6 inducer, but a CYP2B6 inducer, which wouldn't help with metabolization at all, and second, because coadministration of phenobarbital every time i just felt like a light buzz from codeine or trams would be too much off a hassle given its immense half-life.

such a shame. i'm particularly curious of tramadol due to its medium-long half-life and atypical profile, acting as an SNRI and all - when i took it, even though i didn't get high it really put me in a good mood.

would love to try O-desmethyltramadol and a gluthethimide combo though, but that's out of question right now

thanks for the input dude

I think you're right to give this up neurotic, you're more likely to hurt yourself using strange drug combinations than you are just using a stronger opiate. Be safe.

Doriden (Glutethimide) and Codeine most euphoric blissful peaceful, warm feeling that I ever experienced. They were known as "hits" or "Cibas and Codeine" on the street. The Doriden induced a liver enzyme that made codeine way stronger and longer lasting. It was a heroin type high only stronger and more euphoric and longer lasting. Sadly Doriden was discontinued in '93.

What exactly is "Sandmeyer Magic". BTW, Glutethimide and Codeine best stone on earth.

i like black seed/kava extract/circumin extract seems to do the trick w/the liver enzymes cyp2d6 and cyp34a

What exactly is "Sandmeyer Magic"

The Sandmeyer reaction is a reaction that transforms a -NH2 (amine) group into an -OH group, originally done on aromatic rings (i.e. aniline to phenol conversion). It's what some people use to convert GABA to GHB, however it can produce some stinky nitrogen dioxide (corrosive brown smog) fumes if you are not careful with everything. (I won't elaborate any further, that's getting into synthesis talk.)

What exactly is "Sandmeyer Magic". BTW, Glutethimide and Codeine best stone on earth.

It can transform -NH2 to many various 'chosen' things: like -F, -Cl, -Br, -OH, -OR, -SR, -SH, -CN, -SO3H including removing the amino group and plug in with -H (no functional group) instead.