• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Customs

dim_mak said:

I'd say some kind of customs regulations would govern this (and i'm too lazy to look for it), but i'd imagine that a positive response from a dog would warrant you some intense questioning/maybe searching in customs. Also no doubt if you get a positive response from a sniffer dog their master is going to have reasonable grounds for searching/questioning etc (police).

...having said this, no-one is going to ask for a urine test :)

Dm.

The person keeps those small packets of crystal meth in his wallet and there is sure to be traces of it somewhere in there coz he just re-seals the packs by folding it up. No one wants any trouble from customs, would it be paranoid to get another wallet before going through customs? Or would the sniffer dogs ignore traces? Any input would be appreciated, preferably soon. :)

so how do people take stuff to like say new zealand or vice versa cos i know plenty of people who have taken pills and pure goey overseas i just never asked them cos i just figured it must be that easy but after readin all this it would almost seem impossible. what if one was to wrap his drugs up heaps and shove it up his a hole would the dogs detect it then??

...they learn to ignore the fear of getting caught.

I'm sure everything you can think of has been attempted. You can read about some who weren't so lucky in the microgram bulletins. =

I wouldn't dare to say with authority, but if you want my opinion the answer is no. I've brought back flunitrazepam and clobazam (both legally prescribed) back to Malaysia from Melbourne - put it through the x rays and everything, didn't even get asked what they were or asked to open them up. Just my two cents.

Perhaps a better answer is they're not trained to respond to smell stimuli from benzos since they're pretty common. I'm sure dogs can be trained to pick anything up.

[Edit: My apologies, it would be better phrased as "the sniffer dogs doesn't seem to respond to benzos based on my limited experience, which I assume is due to the frequency benzodiazepines are taken through airports for prescription needs or because it's sometimes given as a sleeping aid/anti-anxiety agent for flying".]

Last edited:
a point to consider:

just because you see a sniffer dog doesnt mean it is a drug dog... the only sniffer dogs i have seen (bris airport) are beagles trained to detect fruit & veg etc. (saw a couple of people nabbed with those processed fruit sticks.. and they have air-tight plactic wrapping!) I've been led to believe that sniffer dogs are trained for fruit/veg OR drug detection and not both... can anyone verify this?

Maxi

ok, having to do alot of travel, here's my story. in general, customs will not tolerate denials of any sort, this being further cause for suspicion. backtalk is worse, as i got the added pleasure of having my leather bags shredded with a scalpel "to ckeck for double bottoms"- and a free X-ray. this was coming into the US, JFK.

in Oz, i got searched extensively (stripped) on my way OUT of the country for currency of all things (they did not look in my wallet where there was an undeclared $5000 US) and often, on my way back IN.

the friendly yet paranoia-inducing beagles at Tullamarine are food-smellers i believe, as my fingertips would have set them off a mile away were they MJ-sensitive.

in Tullamarine, they also have the super-duper thingamagig where a solvent-dipped wire is ran abouts your person / posessions and then inserted into some sort of an analyzer built into the laprtop (another i saw was a modular addon to the laptop) which detects the presence of explosives and, by this point, many referenced banned substances.

i saw the thing work, would love to have one! produces nice colorized peaks on the spot, displayed in LCD glory right on the laptop! apparently, can be tuned to nano-level detection, but i assume this would give alot of false positives.

lots of countries are starting to use vibraimage-bioidentification based technologies to pick up on "nervous" reading passengers.

oh, and if you are thinking about fooling the dog - forget about it.

Its harder and expensive to train a dog to pickup speed, e's etc. In sydney there are only 2 police dogs that can pick these ups, in an airport they would be more worried about traces of explosives and foods. If you are carrying kilogram amounts of amphetamines then they will be picked up like the friend of the custom officer described, an empty bag doesnt way 13kg,theres a good chance customs officers will pick up on you if you have amounts they really care about

edd91 said:
In sydney there are only 2 police dogs that can pick these up

How do you know this? What about all the events in sydney where you hear of people getting busted with pills etc. by dogs at the entrance or whatever??

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
How do you know this? What about all the events in sydney where you hear of people getting busted with pills etc. by dogs at the entrance or whatever??

Prehaps the dogs smelt pot, this gave the police enough to search them and they also found pills. Police often do this.
This statistic was from Paul Dillon

It's not always what the dogs smell, but how you react when the dog comes and sniffs your bag, too. If you shit yourself under scrutiny there's probably more reason to take you aside and search you...

BigTrancer :)

^
Lets face it, ... your appearance, the country from which you are from, or are coming from can be a reason for them to check you ... or even just a random check.

IMO it's pretty dangerous to travel with drugs (or box cutters ;) ), especially these days.

BigTrancer said:
It's not always what the dogs smell, but how you react when the dog comes and sniffs your bag, too. If you shit yourself under scrutiny there's probably more reason to take you aside and search you...

BigTrancer :)

Police also have this theory that if they are carrying heavy drugs in the street, chance are they will have pot too

I have said this somewhere, The sniffer dogs don't just wait for the dog to find it, they also watch the dog's reaction/behaviour, for example, if people tried to mask the drugs with peppers or whatever of these "pest off" stuff for the gardens to keep cats and dogs off their gardens, and if the dog shakes its head and "walks" away from "that bag/smell" that the dog doesn't like, the dog handler will get bit suss, and they will re-check the parcel/bags again.

as for appearence, you would be surprised - i saw an obviously and very pregnant woman with another young'n in tow get pulled and searched, while i - unshaven, wearing trance pants and looking like a travelin' (SHIT as per p_d) nightmare, got through with a red-eyed smile - this after some weeks in Goa India, high as a kite on Captagon and residual THC ;-)

the bodylanguage, yes that's the first giveaway, well, i 'spose most smugglers just trank up or benzo out to calm the Paranoia.

the dogs, you know, they first have to be hooked in order to detect. expensive process. guess where some of the dope that gets confiscated goes? btw, theres a site that eludes me right now that has detecting K9s for sale to good homes. polydrug sniffas start at about $5,000 US, these are retired from active duty.

^^^^ you could entertain your friends for hours playing 'hide the drugs' in your house :D
Would also speed up the process of finding all those drugs that appear from nowhere in your room after you 'lost' them a year ago :p

I know this doesn't necessarily pass as valid with todays dog training methods, but in 79 I was in a house when the police turned up. My mate -a fantastic surrealistic builder - had knocked up split level beds in all the bedrooms. Above his wardrobe he built in a stash which lay under the above floor. He had to move a heavy chest by sliding, then prize out the floor board and carpet which hinged open.

On this day he had over an elbow in the stash. It definitely wasn't air tight and we'd just been into it for a smoke. The drug dog quickly found a bong in someones room and sniffed out mull in a visitors bag (which he'd quickly made to look like it belonged to the house :( ) but completely missed the stash altogether despite the mutt being lifted up onto the mezanine floor.

At this point in time it was now twice that I'd seen ginger powder save the day.

Another part of the story deserves telling. To get up to the above floor (14ft ceilings) you climbed a ladder made from 2 (4" x 2") sides with slots cut downwards into which fat bamboo runners were placed. About a meter in front of the top rails was a 6" x 2" supporting beam.

As the runners were slotted in, you had to make damn sure you held the sides when climbing. Otherwise the runner you grabbed would come out in your hand as you fell backwards, banging your head a beauty on the beam. We'd all done it and over the years a couple of people had actually knocked themselves out. Ample warning was always given (well almost always :)) to anyone new to the house.

So when this D boldly rushed up the ladder...there simply wasn't time to warn him...and a very loud crack rang out followed by a rather loud FUCK and OW! He stumbled out and sat in the car. We pissed ourselves for hours =D