Open Discussion custom titles

alasdairm

Moderator: S&T
Staff member
i'm seeing a handful of users with new custom titles: Lounge God; Lounge King; hater-in-chief

are we now allowing users to select custom titles? is there a process for managing this? who do we contact when we want a custom title? how long do they last? etc.

thanks

alasdair

...and how much does it cost?

I'm also seeing lots more name changes. Where is it advertised that this is possible?

...and how much does it cost?

i'm seeing a handful of users with new custom titles: Lounge God; Lounge King; hater-in-chief

are we now allowing users to select custom titles? is there a process for managing this? who do we contact when we want a custom title? how long do they last? etc.

thanks

alasdair

thank you for your question. users are not able to select custom titles. they are granted in coordination between the lounge staff and the admins. since the process is still in its initial phase, it's not as systematic as we'd like it to be just yet. there are several rationalizations behind awarding custom titles. bluelight has an absolutely limited means of positive reinforcement (ie. no like button, rewards system, etc). by awarding the upstanding members custom titles, we're engaging them towards being productive forces towards the recent complete rectifications of lounge issues that have riddled the boards for over ten years.

the process in so far involves the lounge staff selecting several names, nudging those members to see if they'll have an issue with a custom title, and making it explicitly clear that it will be revoked if offending behavior is noted. we're going to be extending this to winners of the iws competition. this is all part of the recent philosophy of respecting the lounge community, so they can respect us back, and respect their lounge mods. the trial phase was ran on one member (erich generic). during this time period his behavior has been exemplary. we later expanded it to two other members of the lounge staffs choosing. since they are an accurate representation of that community, i trust they'll make the correct choices.

I thought it was a running joke extending from droppersneck's "Loungefailer" lol. Thank you pasha

no, that was a joke several weeks before we began this process. that custom title was done recklessly for a 24 hour period and was obviously counter-productive towards enforcing members who can be good examples to the lounge community.