• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

curse of having to think in temporal terms.why we need god, big bangs and beginings

I somehow doubt that...

I haven't gone through with it but I've been very near death before. The ego softens so much that it more or less begins to dissolve. Maybe if you die instantly there will be a period when you still believe you're this ego, but it doubtfully lasts very long. If you die gradually, like from chronic illness, there might be more of an opportunity to witness and understand the insubstantial nature of ego.

The mechanism of death is the same for everyone but perhaps after that there are divergences in what happens.

I've read that there is residual activity in the brain for up 36 hours after death in ever-decreasing amounts. My friend conjectures that this is the afterlife experience.

If you "come back", were you really dead?

i think it's a uniquely human form of arrogance to say "i don't understand how something could possible come 'from nothing' therefore there has to be a god."

alasdair

Well that's kind of arrogant in itself. We understand things like Time and Space through various mechanics and breaking things down into smaller and smaller quantities. So simply because you can explain something doesn't mean it's arrogant to think "There has to be a God".

I remember reading long ago about a "conversation with God", where he explained God was the product of evolutionary process existing since as soon as conditions for life presented themselves.

Sir!

We are God's god.

I conceived him within the womb of stars.8o

And so are you.

I remember reading long ago about a "conversation with God", where he explained God was the product of evolutionary process existing since as soon as conditions for life presented themselves.

You have brought up a question, in my view of consciousness, I start with consciousness before universe. My reasoning originally was religious, now as I can only truly prove that I am experiencing the thought I'm having and everything else I perceive is only truly manifest in my consciousness, so I kept that view but I never gave the view that consciousness began later much consideration.

It's an interesting idea.

Its a moebius strip.

No, it is flat and projects a curved space hologram from its nickel core.

Its a moebius strip.

No, it is flat and projects a curved space hologram from its nickel core.

In my mind I see a huge solid core dildo, covered with a thin flesh-like rubber. We could work on this.... let's make some rituals!

Last edited: