• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Curious about regular caffeine use

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
I've been drinking tea (two or three cups, mostly green) on a daily basis since about Fall 2012. Always on the quest to better my relationship with psychoactives of all varieties, recently I became curious as to exactly what caffeine was doing for me, and if I stood to benefit from thinking a little more critically about my favorite beverage.

With great reluctance, I quit drinking tea for a little over a week. I noticed immediately that my body felt starved, as if I were lacking some important nutrient. I kept overeating at first, in an unconscious attempt to satiate the craving. I also got mild headaches. Those effects subsided after a couple days. However, there were some other generally unpleasant symptoms that lasted the entire week, right up until I resumed drinking tea. I felt somewhat depressive and moody, and a general sense of malaise. I kept feeling like I was running out of breath too easily as well. By the end of my experiment, I assumed that the withdrawals were mostly over, and I was just experiencing ordinary life without caffeine.

Have any of you ever quit a caffeine habit cold turkey? What happened? How long do the withdrawals really last? Did you feel better off once you quit for an extended period?

How long do the withdrawals really last? Did you feel better off once you quit for an extended period?
Caffeine head aches started day two or three, were over by day eight. A by the way, I'm not caffeine abstinent these days

i have quit caffeine cold turkey 3-4 times...the first 2-3 days are very rough, i am depressed, no energy, just want to lay around..also have achy joints and usually a nice lingering headache that doesnt go away!days 4 and 5 get a litle better in terms of symptoms and 6-8 you can feel your body starting to get back to normal...

i wish i would have gotten off of caffeine much sooner..the benefits are great, my energy is much more stable, i dont have highs and lows like before..im not nearly as irritable and my anxiety was cut in half! most people think they must have caffeine to make it thru the day but its a huge lie..it feels great not having to down a cup every morning just to feel alive..caffeine ends up robing you of more energy than it gives..when someone tells me that they are tired all of the time, first thing i recommend is quitting caffeine..