• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal Methamphetamine Side Effects / Questions

MAC sauce

Greenlighter
Hey blue light. So I've got some questions in regards to some oral side effects of Meth that I seem to run into every time I expirament with it. I've only used this substance a handful of times. So basically my experience with this drug could be accurately summed up by the phrase, "Few and far in-between". I was hoping someone with a pharmacological and or chemical understanding of this drug could maybe shed some luminous perspective my way. Or maybe even someone who has generous experience with the substance could let me know if these side effects are relatively typical for a first time user.

All symptoms became apparent roughly 12 hours after smoking multiple hits off a pipe. Prior to this, my last use was well over a year ago.

First question - Is there independent anhydrous ammonia in the finished product of methamphetamine? Or does 100% of the Ammonia and other nasty ingredients react chemically to form other substance and so on until you have your end product?

Second question - If there isn't any, once the drug is metabolized in your system, is anhydrous ammonia a byproduct of that process? I.E. After consuming the drug (By route of smoking in this case) Can Ammonia wind up in your system?

The reason I ask is because all the times I've expiramented with this drug, my tongue would get very swollen and if I stuck my tongue out of my mouth, I would notice a very strong and seemingly unmistakable odor of ammonia. So I suppose the next obvious questions I would ask is...
Is there Ammonia in my tongue? Is this a normal side effect for people to experience? Because shit.. My tongue feels like it was put in a microwave and smells like I just drank piss. *Thizz Face*
Regardless, these are definitely more than enough reason for me to stay far away from this particular substance. All in all, it just doesn't seem to mix well with my own personal ecosystem...
*Thizz Face*
Symptoms in question:
• Significantly inflamed tongue, with very heavy green / blue / purple bruising.
• Numerous openings on tongue, e.g. Multiple sores, painful cracking along sides.
• My tongue literally smells like straight piss.
• Tongue feels significantly hotter than normal. Possibly due to the inflammation?

** Also, I just thought of something that could possibly play a part to these oral symptoms. I have a, I guess "condition" known as geographical tongue. Basically my tongue has fairly pronounced cracking in it, which is known to cause minor to moderate irritation when consuming highly acidic foods, such as tomatoes and oranges. Could it be possible that these openings in my tongue could cause a higher than normal absorbtion rate in regards to the chemicals?
Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Side note - I literally just created an account here, and I attempted to post this thread on the mobile version of the site and it appears to be missing the "Thread prefix selection" panel. I mean, like I said, I'm new so there's a good chance I simply overlooked it. But at best, it's very difficult to find.

Anhydrous ammonia is ammonia which isn't reacted with water 2 h2o = h3o(+) + oh(-)

H3o(+) + oh(-) + nh3 = nh4oh + h2o + oh-

Anhydrous ammonia is typically used for synthesis that is alot more complex.

It is much more likely the person you get the meth from is either making it or buying it from someone using some kind of crude shake and bake method with impure chemicals that are ending up In your meth. People who make meth don't have to be experts so your prob ingesting their errors.

Does your Meth have any color to it or particular smell ? Have you tried a wash?

here's a tip i learned a while back when doing my a-washes: yes obviously handbook of drug purification 101 chapter 1 and only 1 says that you need your acetone to be anhydrous for it to do its job, and it's job is to dissolve everything there is to dissolve in that gear in there while not taking any of the good stuff with it, which water will do, because it disolves meth, duh, etc.

BUT WHAT I DIDN"T KNOW til a little later was that meth is hygroscopic (absorbs ambient moisture from atmosphere) and this will wash away some of your good stuff in with the 'tone, because above all else 'tone dissolves water itself. And if your gear is more on the homemade side of the crystalline spectrum (as in, its a powder with some kind of notable COLOR to it that maybe even feels a bit like sticky poweder instread of dry powder you expect it'd be) then it likely has even more hygroscopic impurities in it, like lye and ammonium nitrate, which are taking in more water to instantly despoil the anhydrosity of your tone. So step 2 is to dry out your speed (in a microwave, on a safe plate, for 20 -30seconds I reckon, maybe a coffee filter over it if you're worried it'll somehow pop like popcorn and the shit'll go flying everywhere), followed by sticking it in an airtight bag or whatever and let it cool first. THEN run your tone wash. On dirty old shit this will be a game changer/

I still don't know why MA don't dissolve in 'tone yet neither.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/682948-Methamphetamine-Wash?highlight=methamphetamine+wash

It is much more likely the person you get the meth from is either making it or buying it from someone using some kind of crude shake and bake method with impure chemicals that are ending up In your meth. People who make meth don't have to be experts so your prob ingesting their errors.

Does your Meth have any color to it or particular smell ? Have you tried a wash?

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/682948-Methamphetamine-Wash?highlight=methamphetamine+wash

Exactly what they said.

Thanks for the input guys. And the meth I had was clear shards of crystal with a cloudy whitish appearence.