View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crosstolerance between amphet &2c's

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
Does anybody know if there have been any studies regarding amphetamine cross tolerance with any of the 2c-x compounds, or have any personal experience. I think that it does have some (amphet dosing 2 days before using 2c-i seemed to reduce a) the stimulant properties (a lot), and b) the psychedelic properties (a little)) cross tolerance, just I'd like to hear the same from someone else (if just to prove to me that my metabolism isn't weird!)

i don't see any logical reason as to why there should be any cross tolerance between two categories of compounds which dont have much to do with each other.

Amphetamine was not shown to cause cross tolerance with mescaline in a long ago study. I assume it works the same with the 2C's.

thanks morninggloryseed

Only other thing I can think of then must be due to lack of sleep, although it was a largish dose, so there could have still been a bit of dopamine depletion (tiredness might have subjectivly reduced psychedelic effects)

I don't know about or have experience with cross tolerance issues with these drugs, but in combination, amphetamines and other phenethylamines sure have been shown to potentiate 2C-X chemicals.
\

dopamine et al

That,s why I asked in the first place. They both have effects on the dopaminergic systems, and this is the other main neurotransmitter involved, along with serotonin/5HT. So anything that produces tolerance in dopamine functioning, could possibly alter the effects of 2C-X compounds

This same topic has been bugging me for a while now. I take Adderall somewhat chaotically. Sometimes I take it daily at the dosage prescribed (20mg), sometimes I take 400mg in 3 days, and other times I don't take any for weeks.

Since I began taking Adderall, I tried 2C-E (up to 30mg), and 2C-C (50mg), and had very weak trips, if you can even call them that. 2C-E made me over-stimulated, all 3 times I tried it (20, 25, and 30mg). The last time I took 2C-E, I was lying wide awake 18 hours after taking it having to wiggle and jerk my arms, leg, neck, and torso to relieve the strange pressure inside them. I almost never combine amphetamines with psychedelics (once at the tail-end of an LSD trip, that was fun), and I always wait 2-3 days in between taking either type of drug, so I cannot attribute that reaction to a combination of the two.

Even though there was a lot of uncomfortable motor activity and muscle tension, I never felt the motivation and energy that is typical of psychedelics. In fact, I felt really apathetic for most of the experience, and then the long come-down was constant twitching and wriggling about to relieve the uncomfortable sensations. 2C-C, which I've taken at least 30 times previously, was weaker than I remembered 50mg to be. The peak, if there was one, lasted for maybe 20 minutes (yes, I took it orally).

So yeah, I'm fairly certain there is cross-tolerance between (most, if not all) 2C-X compounds and amphetamines.

^Its odd though, because amphetamines don't have any appreciable effects on 5HT2a, the main receptor involed in psychedelia. Though, perhaps whatever metabolite or downstream effect (besides sleep deprivation) can cause psychosis does have some strange obscure 5hta agonistic properties.

That said, its likely that your non-response to the stimulation of 2C-x was due to amphetamines effect on dopamine, as suggested above. Also, some of your symptoms sound serotonergic....