• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Crack resin vs. Rock

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Now if you read my last post its related but anyways, resin is strong everyone agrees yes? Well atleast if your got good shit, so now the debate is and im so used to smoking everything, is it as euphoric as smoking a freshly melted rock? Because i know res gets me fucked buuut a fresh rock is smoother, whereas res is like being hit by a train somtimes i used to think it was stronger than whatever you smoked, but im starting to think its different still love it but a rock vs resin idk, which would you guys pick from your own experience, occasionally ill top a res bowl with a small rock too

ALSO RELATED - when i have full res bowls ( i prefer metal pipe) it still melts from time to time, the problem is smoking a whole bowl in one go would kill me ( too strong) but and this doesnt always happen, id say 60% of the time, the resin itself begins to melt/turn into an oil while it starts to go but since i never hit a whole bowl at once, i can take 3-4 hits off a res bowl, when it turns into that oil phase, it literally becomes a giant ball, which means i cant simply mix it around to get the 'fresher spots' of it and ill need to dump it and chop it up w a razor, because attempting to hit it when it becomes whole just burns a bunch i find thoughts?

I prefer rocks. To me the built up oil and resin is way too strong and feels toxic to the point where i could have a heart attack if I kept smoking it. Its comparable to smoking low quality weed compared to exotic.

I prefer rocks. To me the built up oil and resin is way too strong and feels toxic to the point where i could have a heart attack if I kept smoking it. Its comparable to smoking low quality weed compared to exotic.

Keep in mins though, rocks have cut no matter if you make it yourself ( bicarb is a cut) resin ranges from 70%-100% pure so essentially you get FULL effects of your stuff

Rocks for sure. Pretty sure there’s a fair amount of methylecgonidine in there is well of the resin which changes its pharmacokinetics.

We see that...

“”methylecgonidine acts as a muscarinic agonist in vivo””

“”Muscarinic Receptors
Central effects are largely due to M1receptors and are most commonly apparent as the untoward side effects of psychotropic medicines: confusion, disorientation, and hallucinations.””

So yea best to stay away from resin. Also since learning this info I’ve smoked Rock a few times out of a small glass pipe similar to one used for meth. The above byproduct is a result of burning the crack with a flame and can be avoid if no direct flame is used.

I found smoking crack like this gave an effect that felt much smoother and cleaner with zero fiend. To be fair it was fishscale high quality cocaine used to make the freebase which was then washed multiple times with hot distilled water to give an ultra pure product.

-GC

Keep in mins though, rocks have cut no matter if you make it yourself ( bicarb is a cut) resin ranges from 70%-100% pure so essentially you get FULL effects of your stuff

When I used to smoke this stuff (shudders...) it was all about the rock for me. The resin was just a faff at the end of a sesh when I was at the point that nothing really worked anyway and was mostly always massively unsatisfying.

Just to address the above point for possible interest from others - Rock most definitely can be uncut - I've made plenty of uncut rock in the past cooking with pure (labtested no active cuts) cocaine hcl via the ammonia method.

Likewise resin can be very impure - for example resin from crack that has been cooked from coke batches which are heavily cut with products which also freebase out of the powder alongside the cocaine hcl (like Levamisole for example)

just like to say i got a better hit from a dove rather than %100 worth of resin.
*drops da mic....

When I used to smoke this stuff (shudders...) it was all about the rock for me. The resin was just a faff at the end of a sesh when I was at the point that nothing really worked anyway and was mostly always massively unsatisfying.

Just to address the above point for possible interest from others - Rock most definitely can be uncut - I've made plenty of uncut rock in the past cooking with pure (labtested no active cuts) cocaine hcl via the ammonia method.

Likewise resin can be very impure - for example resin from crack that has been cooked from coke batches which are heavily cut with products which also freebase out of the powder alongside the cocaine hcl (like Levamisole for example)
Resin from cut will look distinctly different from uncut coke; it will be black, or almost black, and taste much differently, unpleasant. Also, as always, the ammonia cook is way superior to soda cook. I've yet to try a soda rock superior to an ammonia cook rock. Moreover, it takes 3 fricken minutes and almost CANNOT be messes up! A monkey could do it! My heart breaks for the 5 or 10 people DAILY who post photos of COMPLETELY ruined soda attempts on u/cracksmokers on Reddit, yet every time I try and suggest ammonia cook I get attacked by a dozen people making completely erroneous, untrue statements about the supposed risk of cooking with ammonia, such as 10% ammonia is flammable, explosive, or remains in the rock and gets consumed when smoked, even once rinsed and dried (all untrue, and impossible in the last claim, as ammonia is a gas and completely evaporates when dried.) Drives me right up the wall. You could lead a horse to water....

Last edited:
Horseshit. Been smoking resin for many years, never a problem, I'm healthy as a horse. Moreover, ANYONE concerned about their health and the risk of contaminants should NOT be freakin' using crack cocaine AT ALL, let alone ANY product produced in a damned jungle under a tent by psychopathic criminals, then passed through the hands of 15 or 20 MORE psychopathic criminals all seeking to increase their profits. Give me a break, dude. 🤣 And BTW, try doing more than a cursory Google search: methylecgonidine is consumed when smoking the original crack itself. Probably should avoid smoking rock in general if your concerned about it. Resin is simply nothing more than drips of the melted rock itself, which is EXACTLY what happens (melting) the moment your flame touches the rock. Probably half of the smoke you consume in that first toke of rock is from already melted product. The drippings are simply the melted rock that dripped through the brillo before your flame got to it. I also suggest you consider what would go into producing such a conclusion in a statement like you copied and pasted above.

Yea you seem well adjusted enough.. I’m sure you are the epitome of health.

Yes methylecgonine is formed when you take a hit if crack, hence my comment. Guess what happens when you take that product which has been put through pyrolysis once, a second time? You’re a smart guy so I’ll let you do the math.

This is a harm reduction forum. The whole “well it’s crack anyways so who cares” doesn’t fly here. Anything that can make drug use safer is a good thing.

-GC

As far as resin goes, is this a good color? Hard to find any answers on what it should ideally look like. Thank you

Just noticed my finger tips. Time for self care

Looks great to me! I personally would allow it to grow a bit thicker (it may already be and I'm fooled by the light color) to be able to chip out some nice chunks, but the color looks quite nice! I understand the darker it gets, bordering on black, the more it is likely cut, as many cheaper cuts leave burnt-black residue. You have a very nice light brown there.

Blackening is also from improper technique and burning the fuck out of it, OP has good technique by the color of that. I don't think resin is more potent that rocks but since its already melted it takes barely any heat to start vaping and gives you a huge hit without having to use perfect technique, it will give you huge clouds without much effort. I know people don't like metal but antennas hit way better than glass, conducts heat way more efficient.

Looks great to me! I personally would allow it to grow a bit thicker (it may already be and I'm fooled by the light color) to be able to chip out some nice chunks, but the color looks quite nice! I understand the darker it gets, bordering on black, the more it is likely cut, as many cheaper cuts leave burnt-black residue. You have a very nice light brown there.
Hell yeah thanks boys

Blackening is also from improper technique and burning the fuck out of it, OP has good technique by the color of that. I don't think resin is more potent that rocks but since its already melted it takes barely any heat to start vaping and gives you a huge hit without having to use perfect technique, it will give you huge clouds without much effort. I know people don't like metal but antennas hit way better than glass, conducts heat way more efficient.
In a sense I agree with you; I don't know for sure that liquid golden resin IS necessarily "stronger," it's just melted rock; the original product reduced to a liquid, possibly the cuts might burn/melt in a different consistency or way, separating the two; again, speculation, but the bottom of the chore, if you flip it and try to smoke it, tastes/feels incredibly toxic, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the cut doesn't make it out of the chore but the cocaine does. Either way, the liquified rock drips down, I would bet money, in a more concentrated, "smaller package" so to speak. Weight for weight I would bet it's stronger. That said, what you describe in your explanation is also a more "concentrated" experience, as you're able to inhale more smoke, and therefore more cocaine, in a single toke, just by a different route. Either way that golden delicious caviar is strong as fuck. The bottom of the chore, right next to it, is INCREDIBLY horrid, and even in desperation I wouldn't touch it again, I throw it out. Seems like something nasty is trapped behind. Again, I'm not a chemist (I wish I could talk to one with expertise on narcotics! I'd have a lot of questions!) but common sense seems to make it a reasonable proposition that the golden brown liquified cocaine separates at a different rate than at least some of the cut, making it a little bit (or a lot!) more concentrated. Could be wrong. I claim no special expertise, just rationality. Yours is probably equally possible.

Yea you seem well adjusted enough.. I’m sure you are the epitome of health.

Yes methylecgonine is formed when you take a hit if crack, hence my comment. Guess what happens when you take that product which has been put through pyrolysis once, a second time? You’re a smart guy so I’ll let you do the math.

This is a harm reduction forum. The whole “well it’s crack anyways so who cares” doesn’t fly here. Anything that can make drug use safer is a good thing.

-GC
Rereading my response to you in a more sober light, I just wanted to apologize for how dickish and arrogant I came off. Not representative of my communication skills on a good day. Probably high as a kite at the time, however I can't help but cringe reading it. I'm sorry.

Dude I know exactly that taste you are talking about WTF is that you think? Out of desperation I always saved my old chores and would stuff as many as I could into a tire gauge at the end of a session and use the stove to heat it up faster and I would get high as fuck to where I almost couldn't breath but it had that taste, is that what people refer to as "minting" or is it something else entirely?

Riiight. Nasty as hell is what it is. My body/head tells me it's no bueno. You definitely feel a strong rush but it's  not a good one.