• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Counterfeit Valium?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
With the recent flooding of home pressed Xanax bars made from cheap Alprazolam powder on the black market, I was wondering if anyone knows if the same is going on with diazepam and Valium? There’s some blue D10’s going around at the moment that I have been told are ‘generics’, they’re not in a blister pack which raises alarm bells for me. I haven’t tried them myself but people have reported that they’re great so they’re not bunk anyway.

Do people home-press diazepam or are there any other RC Benzodiazepines / similar drugs that is commonly (or occasionally) pressed into blue Valium style tablets?

I haven’t seen them yet so don’t know if there’s any print on them, but this isn’t a pill indentification question anyway just a general one.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey there. I see that you're fairy new to the community, so I'd really advise you to familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines, as this isn't really suitable material for our forum. There's no way for us to definitively identify drugs from our desks. The only way to truly verify the purity or content of your drugs is to have them tested. So, you can see that, as we would really like to help you, there's no way for us really to do that.

I'm not sure if diazepam is commonly faked but any pill can be pressed and sold on the black market. I would be leery too if they're not in a blister. Personally, I would pass on them because a lot of vendors just want to take your money.

Hey there. I see that you're fairy new to the community, so I'd really advise you to familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines, as this isn't really suitable material for our forum. There's no way for us to definitively identify drugs from our desks. The only way to truly verify the purity or content of your drugs is to have them tested. So, you can see that, as we would really like to help you, there's no way for us really to do that.

I’m sorry if the material wasn’t suitable. I specifically stated that this wasn’t a pill identification question, merely a question about known adulterants added to street valuim. Which I thought would have fallen under the bracket of ‘harm reduction’, as to me anyway, knowledge of the possible substance that you could expect to find in a certain drug could allow you to familiarise yourself with the symptoms of said substance, therefore increase your chance of recognising what you have taken, thus allowing yourself to take precautions to prevent any harm that may be associated with it.

I cleaned up the question a bit too to hopefully avoid any misunderstanding of the query.

My apologies if I have misunderstood the concept though. Feel free to delete.

Last edited:
A HUGE market in fake benzos, especially diazepam is a global problem. In 10,000-lots, a 'blue' i.e. 10mg diazepam costs €0.04/unit in 10,000 lots. There is MASSIVE problem.

A HUGE market in fake benzos, especially diazepam is a global problem. In 10,000-lots, a 'blue' i.e. 10mg diazepam costs €0.04/unit in 10,000 lots. There is MASSIVE problem.

By fake do you mean just real diazepam clandestinely produced not from real pharama companies and pressed into tablets? Or fake as in pills sold as diazepam but which do not actaully contain diazepam and contain something else instead?

I have heard of fake diazepam even in the blister packs, so yeah they exist. Supposedly contain diazepam.

I took some blue D10 (not a blister pack) around 2 years ago and after taking 2 of them I felt slightly nauseas with no other effect. I would highly recommend getting them tested before taking them. This could have been a near miss for me as at the time I would of taking 5-10 of these but as it was from a different source I decided otherwise.

A quick search for a home benzo testing kit is your best option.

Hey there. I see that you're fairy new to the community, so I'd really advise you to familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines.
Hi Keif, I’ve read through the guidelines again there and am confused to how this post is breaking any of the rules? To me the question of known adulterants fits neatly into the bracket of harm reduction - knowledge is power and all that . If not I guess I must have a different interpretation of that concept, and would be grateful to be corrected. Maybe it wasn’t clear enough in the post but I wasn’t asking about the specific Valium I have come across, that was just a (possibly unecessary) back story to why I got thinking about this. Maybe the title of the post itself is what is causing confusion. If it were changed to ‘known adulterants in black market Valium?’ Or something similar it would avoid this. I’m not sure if you as a mod have the power to change the thread title but if you do I’d be glad if you did it to avoid any further confusion.

Kallisti.

Last edited:
I had some roche valium 10mg loose an they dont contain any diazepam or a very tiny amount

Hi Keif, I’ve read through the guidelines again there and am confused to how this post is breaking any of the rules? To me the question of known adulterants fits neatly into the bracket of harm reduction - knowledge is power and all that . If not I guess I must have a different interpretation of that concept, and would be grateful to be corrected. Maybe it wasn’t clear enough in the post but I wasn’t asking about the specific Valium I have come across, that was just a (possibly unecessary) back story to why I got thinking about this. Maybe the title of the post itself is what is causing confusion. If it were changed to ‘known adulterants in black market Valium?’ Or something similar it would avoid this. I’m not sure if you as a mod have the power to change the thread title but if you do I’d be glad if you did it to avoid any further confusion.

Kallisti.

i've gotta admit i don't see an issue in your original post, no explicit pill ID questions or synthesis questions but it does invite discussions that do break the rules, such as,

now even this isn't that bad but i see this thread heading right down the road we don't want it to
now i know this isn't you're fault Kallisti, but we do have to be pretty militant sometimes on these forums just to keep them open.
i understand that Ireland and Scotland are having major problems with counterfeit diazepam and warnings should be posted and batches tested but here isn't the ebst place for that
have you checked out the benzo mega thread on EADD? might be more helpful and i'm sure your input will be most welcome.
again, nothing personal, we just gotta be like this

Diazepam (Valium) is one of, if not, the most faked pharmaceutical drugs out there. As some other posters on this thread have said, it is a huge problem. Whether they be loose or in a blister pack, the chances of them being fake is pretty much even. The suppliers go through great lengths to mimic/copy the design of branded Diazepam. There is literally tons and tons worth of fake/poor quality Benzos coming out of places like Pakistan everyday. It's not just Diazepam (Valium), but also an awful lot of fake Alprazolam (Xanax), and many other Benzos being produced.

In my neck of the woods, tiny 10mg Blue 'MSJ' Diazepam pills have been doing the rounds for a good few years now. Very cheap, and very reliable. In fact, they are not reliable in the sense of exact doseage in each pill. But reliable in the sense that they do the job good. As some of the MSJ's that have been tested had up to 30mg in 1 pill!

Counterfeit drugs are everywhere... There has been occasions when even the NHS has been sold fakes.

Kallisti.

Well, you've changed your original posting. That's what the "last edited" thing means at the bottom of your original post. You definitely edited it to a point where it could be considered more than something just concerning "what is in this pill", so thank you for that. There's a difference between what could be in these pills, to is there a possibility that there is something different in these pills.It's why I didn't close the thread...

To answer the newly formed question that wasn't in your original post in that form, yes, there are a wide variety of different Benzodiazepine "research chemicals" that might be found in pills. They could be found in any pills, just by nature of universal possibility.

Also, when we close threads, it's not necessarily because they are "bad", but inappropriate, just from a position of the subject matter.

Last edited:
I didn’t actually reform or phrase the post at all apart from removing one sentence which said something along the line of ‘or could these just be generic Valium?’, which was meant purely rhetorically in relation to tiny blue pills, but I suppose that could be misconstrued. I guessed it was that line which caused the confusion so removed it, but it wasn’t my intention to be a pill ID query, just badly phrased I guess. The intention all along was meant to be about possible adulterants in black market Valium in general. Sorry about that, I’ll have to be more careful with my wording in future.

Kallisti, first off, part of what I was trying to imply in my last post was that, nobody is remotely angry, upset or disappointed in you or any new member for making incorrect posts. It happens. It can be a little annoying when the same users repeatedly go against forum guidelines, but that's the nature of the forums and that's definitely not you.

Secondly, perhaps I owe you an apology. I'm basing this upon your last post. When you are involved frequently with online resources like Bluelight, you're bound to eventually get a familiarity with things like the market for clandestine Benzodiazepines/Thienodiazepines. It's become such a well-known feature in our lives, that I just assume everyone has the basic knowledge surrounding it. No worries.

The thing is, the black/grey market for Benzodiazepines is like the Research Chemical market in general. The available chemicals are constantly changing and evolving, sometimes to counteract the law and sometimes for financial reasons (what are the cheapest chemicals to use for synthesis etc.). Another feature of the black/grey market for Benzodiazepines, is that there are very many of them. I could list several for you here, but I would suggest doing a simple Google search to get a rough idea of what's out there.

This brings us back to my original post regarding the potential dubiousness of any answer to your question. Yes, it is definitely possible that your pills contain a Benzodiazepine other than Diazepam (Valium). If they are indeed counterfeit, it's unlikely that they contain Diazepam, simply because there are so many other possibilities. The other thing to consider is that although Benzodiazepines exhibit varying effects, they are all defined by the fact that they possess the same profile of effects in differing amounts. Some are more hypnotic, others are better suited for control of analgesia etc. but, at the end of the day, they're all quite similar, which means it's pretty easy for a chemical manufacturer to distribute pills of dubious composition without their customers complaining.

Now, if we were to try and figure out just which Benzodiazepine it could be, that's going to be pretty much impossible. The only way for you to know definitively is by having your pills tested.

REAL diazepam correctly beveled, break-line and logo in patient-packs (commonly called blister packs). They even have the patient information leaflet. It is legally purchased diazepam but pressed and sold to dealers. Scotland has a massive problem with the street price being 50p so teenagers are taking 100mg TID. About the only good thing to say about diclazepam is that it provided an even longer action so as long as you go slow, it gets you clean with the fewest problems. It took 18 months to go from 24mg/day to nothing but even if you take it once a week, you are still building tolerance and dependence.

Benzos a really bad news. Pyrazolam appears to have the lowest addiction liability because it just stops anxiety, you would need to take a lot to get some kind of buzz.

I've seen people offering clomethiazole powder. That is another dangerous drug. I feels much more like barbs than benzos BUT isn't a controlled drug anywhere, as far as I know. The thiazole moiety can be swapped for an oxazole which is useful QSAR. US 3401172 deals with it. I'm safe to post because the synthesis means it will NEVER be attractive to makers.