• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Could a temporary psychotic episode in the past keep me from getting a visitors visa in Australia?

paranoid android

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
So i have been researching this and apparently mental illness can keep you from getting into Australia and lots of other countries. Does anyone know if something like temporary psychosis would keep you out?

Yet another way we are treated as criminals i guess.

You mean a temporary episode in the past, that they would see it out of documentation, or one happening while you are travelling?

Many countries ask a lot of questions in the procedure to get a visa but can't or don't (yet - this might change soon enough) really check whether one gives true answers.

But yeah, it's a way to treat people as criminals I guess. :(

You mean a temporary episode in the past, that they would see it out of documentation, or one happening while you are travelling?

Many countries ask a lot of questions in the procedure to get a visa but can't or don't (yet - this might change soon enough) really check whether one gives true answers.

But yeah, it's a way to treat people as criminals I guess. :(

One in the past i mean sorry. It happened almost 4 years ago now.

This shit is really pissing me off. I did nothing illegal yet i might be treated like a criminal for just needing help

One in the past i mean sorry. It happened almost 4 years ago now.

This shit is really pissing me off. I did nothing illegal yet i might be treated like a criminal for just needing help

could potentially trigger questions if you're still on medication for it,
and sequentially, whether or not prescribed medication is legal in the countries you're going to.
Mental Health is apropos to being a danger to yourself and/ or others.
HR use this now as a means to get consent to talk to 'the doctor', negating the 'covert mental health card'
with '[you're] a liabilty card' if not given consent.

But passing all that - and didnt involve a criminal conviction, you're sweet az.
Learnt recently from a reliable source - one's criminal record is never expurgiated.

Last edited:
You shouldnt have any trouble having said that maybe i would send an email to Australian Immigration outlining your concerns...they will advise you correctly.IF you have a criminal record they will check whether you disclose that on the application or not....you dont want to get caught out lying ...it sits negatively upon one character.

You shouldnt have any trouble having said that maybe i would send an email to Australian Immigration outlining your concerns...they will advise you correctly.IF you have a criminal record they will check whether you disclose that on the application or not....you dont want to get caught out lying ...it sits negatively upon one character.

I couldnt find their email adress. I don't have a criminal record but i have been charged before which would show up. Was just a summary assault charge though so im thinking i should be ok

could potentially trigger questions if you're still on medication for it,
and sequentially, whether or not prescribed medication is legal in the countries you're going to.
Mental Health is apropos to being a danger to yourself and/ or others.
HR use this now as a means to get consent to talk to 'the doctor', negating the 'covert mental health card'
with '[you're] a liabilty card' if not given consent.

But passing all that - and didnt involve a criminal conviction, you're sweet az.
Learnt recently from a reliable source - one's criminal record is never expurgiated.

Im still on zyprexa for it though i could just lie and say it's for anxiety as it can be used for that to. All the meds im on are legal down there though

Olanzapine isn't prescribed for anxiety. In fact, a common side effect is akathisia. Depending on dose, it's used to treat bipolar disorder. Now BD is classified as a mood disorder just like depression. So unless they stop anyone who is prescribed an antidepressant, BD would, I feel, be acceptable.

TBH whatever it is, if medication makes you well, why would they care? I mobilize on crutches and need to take oxycodone SR but I'm not abusing it and it allows me to manage so as long as I can PAY for the medication, why would they care?

For a visitor visa (601 ETA or 600 visitor visa) you should be fine. They don't ask you questions regarding your mental health, the questions they ask you relate to criminal activity (any - but it won't necessarily exclude you from coming here, they will just want evidence of what it is). The activity that will stop you is anything relating to violent crime, crimes against children or if you have been found not guilty of something due to diminished responsibility. My partner (us citizen) and I have been dealing with all things partner and visitor visa for a few years now.

For sure you can do something about it. Someone just made a mistake and wrote uncorrect stuff about you. You had no incident.