• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cooking With Cannabis

Jibult

Bluelight Crew
Y'all, I want to make a new megathread.

There's a whole lot of resources on this subforum regarding edibles and cooking with cannabis, but they're scattered and a pain in the ass to find.

I hereby propose that we make an edibles megathread (it doesn't even need to be this one) for folks to post favorite recipes, techniques, etc etc

The idea came to me as I was about to make a thread asking anybody for any infused chocolate/fudge recipes they might want to recommend.

feel free to shut it down or run with this, idk how it's gonna go but yall, I wanna start making infused milk chocolate.

Awhile back I was infusing 3 grams 80% Indica wax ìn a 14 oz can condensed milk, poured into a pint mason jar submergered under water in a small slow cooker
Picked it up to shake dropped and cracked into the bath
Shit
pulled out the eight quart slow cooker strained into it

It took close to three days on low to evaporate into a bowl of caramel
by far the most potent stuff Ive the pleasure of

Some added chocolate sounds even better

The best homebrew / mead Ive made was when I had accidental boil overs etc ...

Thi is just my very simple method for making Cannabuttre (unless you have a Magical Butter

-Use a 3 temperature slow cooker. I use a Hamilton Beach model with a sous vide temperature probe. But I don't use the probe. And if you only have a low/high temperature settings, use the high settings.
-Fill slow cooker 2/3 full of water
-Put 1 whole pound of butter in
-Add in 1-2 oz of flower coarse ground in a cheesecloth that you've double wrapped into a sock that you tie off. Float/sink the Cannabis cheesecloth sock in the slow cooker, turn the slow cooker on to high/maximum. When the butter is completely melted you can note the liquid level in the slow cooker and periodically add water to keep it at the ~same level
-Let it go overnight or 24 hours
-Turn off the slow cooker, and using silicone gloves, remove the weed/cheesecloth into a small bowl.
-Dump the weed butter water into a very large mixing bowl, one you will eventually be putting into the fridge. When the cheesecloth weed is cool enough to squeeze w/o burning yourself, squeeze as much as you can into the butter/water bowl.
- When that is at room temperature, put the bowl in the fridge. 12-18 hours later just drill a small hole in the hash butter surface and drain out all of the water. Break the surface of the butter into smaller tabs/pieces and let it dry on paper towels

Decarboxylation and extraction in one step. The kitchen does smell like a weed sauna though and it lingers over the length of the slow cook.

Tom

For people who will share recipes; I'm open for one with no potatoes, tomatoes or bananas.

Figure out how best to incorporate Cannabis into this (Garlic fingers with donair sauce) and I will be eternally grateful
1OWz7KZl.jpg

Easiest and cheapest way to make edibles in bulk is to buy Delta-8 distillate in bulk, preferably a few ounces at least, and use that to make cannabutter, then cook with that. You'll have to use a LOT of butter, and you're also using an alt-noid, but it is cheap and easy.

I be honest i havent used edibles for many years now but i used to regularly bake 12 cupcakes of vaped weed cakes, they were narcotic and sent me to sleep every time

The best is just decarb hash (or other extract) in minimal butter then swallow desired amount fridge-cold with water as you would a pill. Dilute with more butter to adjust for (lack of) tolerance.

No flavor issues, easy to adjust and titrate dose.

Awesome thread idea, hard to believe it hasn't been done already. 👍

Thi is just my very simple method for making Cannabuttre (unless you have a Magical Butter

-Use a 3 temperature slow cooker. I use a Hamilton Beach model with a sous vide temperature probe. But I don't use the probe. And if you only have a low/high temperature settings, use the high settings.
-Add in 1-2 oz of flower coarse ground in a cheesecloth that you've double wrapped into a sock that you tie off. Float/sink the Cannabis cheesecloth sock in the slow cooker, turn the slow cooker on to high/maximum. When the butter is completely melted you can note the liquid level in the slow cooker and periodically add water to keep it at the ~same level
-Turn off the slow cooker, and using silicone gloves, remove the weed/cheesecloth into a small bowl.
-Dump the weed butter water into a very large mixing bowl, one you will eventually be putting into the fridge. When the cheesecloth weed is cool enough to squeeze w/o burning yourself, squeeze as much as you can into the butter/water bowl.
- When that is at room temperature, put the bowl in the fridge. 12-18 hours later just drill a small hole in the hash butter surface and drain out all of the water. Break the surface of the butter into smaller tabs/pieces and let it dry on paper towels

Decarboxylation and extraction in one step. The kitchen does smell like a weed sauna though and it lingers over the length of the slow cook.

Tom

For people who will share recipes; I'm open for one with no potatoes, tomatoes or bananas.

Figure out how best to incorporate Cannabis into this (Garlic fingers with donair sauce) and I will be eternally grateful
1OWz7KZl.jpg

That is a pretty crafty butter making method, I like the ease/simplification of it. I have access to a MBM, but haven't gotten around to trying it out.

Shouldn't be too hard to cannafy that, though the only obvious infusable ingredient would be the garlic butter base, pretty straight forward making that, though since it's the only special ingredient, the stronger the better. Depending on your dipping sauce you could make an infused ranch as well, or something similar. We always hit the crust with more garlic butter when it leaves the oven, so that too.

Tom

1OWz7KZl.jpg

I've got to get more into this cooking game, man. My little Magical Butter Machine makes butter so easy, and apparently it's good for infused cooking oils as well but I haven't tried my hand at that yet.

I'm still struggling with the perfect decarb. I've got family in the house that don't give a shit if I cook, but the last time I decarbed in the oven? lmao, we all felt like we were about to get raided.

So now I have to plug in a toaster/convection oven on the back deck for decarbing. It gets the job done, but too well. The decarbed product is closer to brown than a golden amber and the resulting edibles are fuckin' coma-inducing.

Which is cool, but sometimes I want to be high and awake.

I need to do more trial and error is all. The fuckin' thing works, i just need to watch it and catch the tray before it starts browning on me.

I swear to god i'm making chocolate bars though, yall. I'm figuring it out. I've been getting these chocolate squares (brand name Dixie; 10mg) and they're DELICIOUS, but I need to eat 2-3 of them to feel satisfied. I want to make something a little more potent.

I've got to get more into this cooking game, man. My little Magical Butter Machine makes butter so easy, and apparently it's good for infused cooking oils as well but I haven't tried my hand at that yet.

I'm still struggling with the perfect decarb. I've got family in the house that don't give a shit if I cook, but the last time I decarbed in the oven? lmao, we all felt like we were about to get raided.

So now I have to plug in a toaster/convection oven on the back deck for decarbing. It gets the job done, but too well. The decarbed product is closer to brown than a golden amber and the resulting edibles are fuckin' coma-inducing.

Which is cool, but sometimes I want to be high and awake.

I need to do more trial and error is all. The fuckin' thing works, i just need to watch it and catch the tray before it starts browning on me.

I swear to god i'm making chocolate bars though, yall. I'm figuring it out. I've been getting these chocolate squares (brand name Dixie; 10mg) and they're DELICIOUS, but I need to eat 2-3 of them to feel satisfied. I want to make something a little more potent.
You can sous vide decarb. Around 200f for 2-3 hours. No smell and no loss