• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Cooking / Drying went BAD! Speed paste on fire, flames.

burnergod

Ex-Bluelighter
Hello, I'm new and I kinda presented myself in the apposite section. Maybe I'll add some more about me later =)

Well as already said, I was reading topics here since time, but never felt the need to register and ask. Until now.

Today I tried to dry 20~ grams of speed paste into powder, as always. I heated a bit the pan and everything was going fine. Then suddently, I don't know why, If I rotated the wheel of the fire on the opposite direction (instead of turning off fire, i put it at max level), or if it was totally random, but well the speed somehow started to make flames 10-15 cm height. Oviously I panicked, first thing I did was blowing on it, but that wasn't working and I realized almost immediately that I was only helping fire to grow bigger by giving him air, then i panicked again, so i messed up with the firewheel-regolator until I found the "0" position, but flames were even more higher. So desperate and totally afraid, I put some water in a glass then throw it on the fire, extinguishing it entirely. There were still bluelight flames going on, i blew them and what remained was........ a pan with water.

I tried heating a bit the water, but was just smoking, I hoped somehow that it could turn into powder, but no, only smoke.

Now I ask you:

1) What you think it could have triggered the fire?
2) If that happens again, is there a way to shut down flames without throwing water on them and saving somehow the stuff?
3) Is there an explosion risk?
4) Now that I have this waster/speed solution, can I do something with it (freeze it idk) or can I throw it down the flush? (its like speed dissoluted in water, don't tell me to syringe because i took speed only by nose so I need pwder..)

Thanks for attention, and I hope noone will commite my same idiot mistake.

Shit happens bro. Sorry for your lose :(. I wish I could give advice, but I have no idea. Isn't there a slower way to dry it (I believe)? I know that none of us like to wait, but......

Shit happens bro. Sorry for your lose :(. I wish I could give advice, but I have no idea. Isn't there a slower way to dry it (I believe)? I know that none of us like to wait, but......

It's okay mate :) I just wanted to share my experience and learn from my mistakes. And to prevent other people doing idiot things
By the way, like an hour ago I went back to the kitchen (I didn't check topic for replies, I knew it could have taken a bit), well there was still this opaque water, I tried heating again on the pan..and again only smoke and nothing.. But well I insisted with heating this water. I started to see white little bubbles, turned off the gas (maybe it was powdering?) but nope. At that point, "In for a penny, in for a pound"" I put definitely the fire under the pan again without turning it off and waited to see something.
Guess what? I started to see some powder on borders, while the water on the center was boling. I continued, the water in the middle was creating big yellow bubbles, sticky to watch, they looked like glue. I turned down the fire, checked and moved the stuff a bit, and saw it was becoming in paste-form again. I felt very surprised, from that point on, I just cooked/dryied it as always and i got my very very very yellow speed. Also, it tasted very good. I don't know how much I lost by doing this water thing and then boling for so long.

I bought for 25gr, but when i actually weight that, it was like 17gr~. At the end of dry, I fulled like a 5cmx5cm bag of powder, the weight seems broken because the balance was saying less than 1gr, maybe it's broken on small weights I don't know.

Im kinda happy even if i got like 1/10 of the stuff, I don't even care actually of it, but finding a solution to a problem and learning from it its priceless, it happens also when I do other works and i mess up 10 times before doing the job correctly (and everytime a new problem comes out, damn) ;)

I still ask to this community if someone experienced something similar, and want to share his opinion?

And most of all, my question number 3) is something really important (Is there an explosion risk?), maybe some chemistry expert or idk can reply? I want to do things with safety.

Greetings =)

It will be very difficult for anyone to tell you how much of an "explosion risk" there is with this stuff as we have no way of knowing what was in the paste you were heating up. It could be methamphetamine mixed with other fillers/shit it was stomped on with(most likely)....It could be pure methamphetamine paste(I think this is unlikely)......It could be something completely different than meth like a mixture of random, inactive powders/ingredients....It could be some other type of stimulant mixed with inactive powders.....and so on and so on....

I'm not sure exactly how you are heating this stuff, but if I were you, I would do it in a large 'saucepan' type thing that comes with a cover. That way, if it ever bursts into flames again, you can cover it up, which prevent any more oxygen from reaching the flames....thus, suffocating them. No oxygen=no flames.

Good luck

That sucks that it speed caught fire...but if it's in a solution with water now just evaporate the water and recover whatever speed is left

It will be very difficult for anyone to tell you how much of an "explosion risk" there is with this stuff as we have no way of knowing what was in the paste you were heating up. It could be methamphetamine mixed with other fillers/shit it was stomped on with(most likely)....It could be pure methamphetamine paste(I think this is unlikely)......It could be something completely different than meth like a mixture of random, inactive powders/ingredients....It could be some other type of stimulant mixed with inactive powders.....and so on and so on....

I'm not sure exactly how you are heating this stuff, but if I were you, I would do it in a large 'saucepan' type thing that comes with a cover. That way, if it ever bursts into flames again, you can cover it up, which prevent any more oxygen from reaching the flames....thus, suffocating them. No oxygen=no flames.

Good luck

You're talking about methamphetamine/meth, but I was talking about normal "amphetamine/speed" (or how you call it in your country). Maybe you mis-read the title? That's ok dont worry. But yeah i think the concept it's the same, it depends by what's inside the paste.

I usually heat with a very slow fire in a little pan, then i remove the pan from fire, mix a bit, wait, back on the fire, and repeat until I get the powder. I did like this many times and never had problems, I feel so idiot about ignoring the possibilities of what could happen, like today. I don't want this happening again...And I always consider the worst scenario before doing something new, but yea everytime can be "the first time" if you don't pay attention and something can go wrong.
I can relate this to my works with electricity, or when I'm programming at computer (yea programing is the best example i think... u fix one thing, 2 gets broken, after 50 tries u MAY have mastered it, but still you read the code 800 times thinking of the worst scenarios ever, before compiling.)

That sucks that it speed caught fire...but if it's in a solution with water now just evaporate the water and recover whatever speed is left

Alright this is true.
Do you think that the process of melting paste with water and then paste again by evaporating and then powder by heating could increase the weight loss even more, compared to the direct "paste>powder" process?

According to the uks govt website the melting point of d amphetamine hcl is 170-175 c your lucky you didnt die. Without water you can heat whatever is in the pan well above the bp of water if u accidently turned mear dry amphetamine hcl on max it almost instantly melt and youd risk fatal poisoning

According to the uks govt website the melting point of d amphetamine hcl is 170-175 c your lucky you didnt die. Without water you can heat whatever is in the pan well above the bp of water if u accidently turned mear dry amphetamine hcl on max it almost instantly melt and youd risk fatal poisoning

Sick. Thanks for sharing.

use a double boiler method next time. Put the paste into a small jar then put the jar into a pan or pot that has water in it. Then turn the stove on to boil the water, your jar will never get too hot because the water will keep it at a constant temp. Plus if you have a fire again you can use the water in the pot to put the fire out.

Why don't you just air dry it if your not confident in your chemistry skills. Just use a huge pan spread it as thin and possible. You won't have to worry about explosions

use a double boiler method next time. Put the paste into a small jar then put the jar into a pan or pot that has water in it. Then turn the stove on to boil the water, your jar will never get too hot because the water will keep it at a constant temp. Plus if you have a fire again you can use the water in the pot to put the fire out.

Thats a nice idea.

Why don't you just air dry it if your not confident in your chemistry skills. Just use a huge pan spread it as thin and possible. You won't have to worry about explosions

I never thought about the air dry, but doesnt sound too good to me..Is it worth?

Electric Oven?

+1 :)

Also a little off topic: vendors tend to add way too much weird liquid to the package, I'm asking if that liquid has a purpose, I mean, do you usually dry that too with the paste or you throw it away? Because I smelled it and wasn't pure water, also, it was inside a bag that was "covering" the paste bag, If I remember right on the paste bag there was only paste and very small amount of water. But yeah I don't know if that liquid could be a special oil or something that can be useful while drying, or just an additional bag to make the package weight more.

P.S. Today I throwed away that liquid

1) Your 60 IQ.
2) If that happens again, your IQ is actually 50.
3) Only if your IQ is 45.
4) You can use it as is.

What the fuck is wrong with you putting the thing on a heating stove? The thing is dried in the OVEN, at a temperature not exceeding 60C for a duration of 2 hours.

No.

Also a little off topic: vendors tend to add way too much weird liquid to the package, If I remember right on the paste bag there was only paste and very small amount of water.P.S. Today I threw away that liquid

I'm in the states but there have been several people that have asked about liquid that made their Amp pasty and wet, especially in the E.U. One of the NPD mods said that this is a long standing method of cutting / bulking using either water or alcohol but it still seems a bit shady. Here we refer to meth-amp as speed and it's never wet, at least not pasty. Coke on the other hand...

1) Your 60 IQ.
2) If that happens again, your IQ is actually 50.
3) Only if your IQ is 45.
4) You can use it as is.

What the fuck is wrong with you putting the thing on a heating stove? The thing is dried in the OVEN, at a temperature not exceeding 60C for a duration of 2 hours.

I myself admited my dumb and idiot mistake, you don't need to be so cocky insulting me in such way. Did u never do mistakes? This is a discussion board, where we can share experience and giving help each other and prevent damage the best we can, I don't think your attitude and your "oven/stove" suggestions are helpful in some ways, some people cannot get the joke and hurt themselves for real.

"this guy has 2k posts so he must be a veteran, lets do his method"

Think about it...

-nohate- peace.

You're talking about methamphetamine/meth, but I was talking about normal "amphetamine/speed" (or how you call it in your country). Maybe you mis-read the title? That's ok dont worry. But yeah i think the concept it's the same, it depends by what's inside the paste.

I usually heat with a very slow fire in a little pan, then i remove the pan from fire, mix a bit, wait, back on the fire, and repeat until I get the powder. I did like this many times and never had problems, I feel so idiot about ignoring the possibilities of what could happen, like today. I don't want this happening again...And I always consider the worst scenario before doing something new, but yea everytime can be "the first time" if you don't pay attention and something can go wrong.
I can relate this to my works with electricity, or when I'm programming at computer (yea programing is the best example i think... u fix one thing, 2 gets broken, after 50 tries u MAY have mastered it, but still you read the code 800 times thinking of the worst scenarios ever, before compiling.)

As far as I ever heard, amphetamine was NOT called speed. It's called "ADHD medication", usually. Speed is a term used to describe methamphetamine since, well, meth is REALLY STRONG and turns you into a racehorse...hence the use of the term "speed".

And how did I misread your title? It literally reads..."Cooking / Drying went BAD! Speed paste on fire, flames." I read it literally. As in...you meant actual "speed" instead of Ritalin or some shit.

As far as I ever heard, amphetamine was NOT called speed. It's called "ADHD medication", usually. Speed is a term used to describe methamphetamine since, well, meth is REALLY STRONG and turns you into a racehorse...hence the use of the term "speed".

And how did I misread your title? It literally reads..."Cooking / Drying went BAD! Speed paste on fire, flames." I read it literally. As in...you meant actual "speed" instead of Ritalin or some shit.

You are right but for example in Europe we simply call Amphetamine with "Speed" name and yes it has nothing to do with the methamphetamine, we don't even have metamphetamine, I mean it's very very rare to find it. Thats why I put that title, I'm used to call it speed, forgetting that for other countries it stands for meth, so apologies (maybe some moderator can correct the title? thanks)