• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Constructive ways to help the world

^^^not everyone at bluelight but a number of bluelighters use "illicit drugs" on a regular occasion. i dont think u can donate blood if u have taken "illicit drugs" a week or something prior could be longer it says it on the form when u go to do it i think.

"Assasinate George Bush"

When he first came to power, I remember posting on here that this was the most efficient wasy to save lives, as through hate or mismanagement he'd kill tens of thousands otherwise. I underestimated.

So one killing would be destructive in the sense of ending a life, but would be far more constructive in terms of helping world peace.

^^^Ya know, I would have TOTALLY disagreed a million times over if I'd been here when you said that...

Now? *sigh* The world we live in certainly makes for some fucked up choices, doesn't it..? :\

Unfortunately Jakoz, Dick Cheyney is next in line should such an eventuality take place. They keep him stashed somewhere near the centre of the earth for this express purpose, and from what I hear, he's such a hawk he probably jerks off to Tom Clancy novels.

Constructive ways to help the world? One person can indeed make a difference, but unfortunatly not just because they want to. They have to be lucky enough to trip and stumble into a position where they actually have an influence over anything significant. The rest of us might as well just keep doing what we do, cos in the grand scheme of things we're just a piss in the ocean.

Pleonastic said:
Constructive ways to help the world? One person can indeed make a difference, but unfortunatly not just because they want to. They have to be lucky enough to trip and stumble into a position where they actually have an influence over anything significant. The rest of us might as well just keep doing what we do, cos in the grand scheme of things we're just a piss in the ocean.

Yeah but imagine if we all pissed in the ocean?

A combined effort, from all of us would make a difference. Problem is is that I am a fucking lazy bitch who is only concerned with myself and whats happening in my life. Yeah i recycle and make sure I dont drop litter on street. Hell I even give to charities. But imagine if we came together and made it our priority to change the world. A combined effort from millions of people, I believe would make a difference. But like me, like you we are all too concerned with our own hedonistic lifestyle. Its not bad or wrong, its how we have been brought up, its what we are accustomed to.

If I could do one thing to change the world, I have mentioned this before in other posts, I would start with our education system. Attempt to get the children understanding young about what politicians dont.

"Imagine" is the key word. Sure, if everyone got together people could make a difference, but that's not how it works. Instead you get a few hundred arts students looking for ways to fill the time outside their 10 contact hours a week marching around the city causing traffic chaos, chanting about how globalisation is the devil, and then stopping for a maccas thick shake on the way home.

Although I guess the topic is technically if you "could" do one thing, so feasibililty isn't an issue.

Last time I checked blue collar unions, white collar unions, political parties, farmers, ethnic groups, senior citizens protest aswell. Stereotyping protesters or arts students is a lame attack on people wanting to be heard. :\

To be honest I agree with you, a few people or even a lot of people won't neccessarily make a difference. Change comes from the top down, but it doesn't hurt to make people aware of shit like the way Nike/shoe companies are treating people, blood donation, ways you can help protect the environment, etc.

I don't think this thread is about how to start a bloody revolution but more how we can in small ways make the world a better place. Does that mean it should be assraped in the name of our economic self-interests? :\

Pleonastic said:
Instead you get a few hundred arts students looking for ways to fill the time outside their 10 contact hours a week marching around the city causing traffic chaos, chanting about how globalisation is the devil, and then stopping for a maccas thick shake on the way home.

Poor things. Mere pawns of the government in this ideological war.

Apologies for stereotyping - that much was wrong and was done more out of humour than anything. But my point still stands.

I did try to qualify it with the line "although I guess the topic is technically if you "could" do one thing, so feasibililty isn't an issue", because I didn't want to totally de-rail the thread. My attack is not meant to mean nobody should care, but I think people should focus their energys in useful ways. There's a difference between "making the world a better place" and "helping the world" - the former being more than possible, and the latter being virtually impossible unless you're one of the extremely select few with the power to do anything substantial. Everyone seems to take "help the world" to mean "solve every problem that ever existed", and it just can't be done.

In the big picture, boycotting a companies products doesn't do shit. Neither does helping in a food shelter for homeless people. But in the small picture helping the homeless is extremely worthwhile, whereas boycotting companies products still doesn't do shit. You're not going to solve the problem of homeless people by serving them food, but you can help them get by in the situation they're in. And you can even wear nike shoes while you do it.

I'd definitely love to hear anyone's achievable thoughts on making the world a better place. :)

I think that people need to focus on helping the world in small ways. I kinda agree with Pleonastic - a group of arts students marching down the city streets isn't going to convince Korea to disarm their nuclear weapons. Infact i would say the whole march is a waste of time.

But individual people can help the world in much smaller ways - and the combined effect of many people's individual efforts could be great. Helping the homeless doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. But as Pleonastic said - it's definatly a worthwhile cause.

If everyone took a litle time out of their day to help someone else then i think we could stamp out a lot of this worlds problems starting with really small things and hopefully ended by solving world hunger or something as equally important.

Nice Tits

achievable?
pay it forward.
i really cant see how it wont work. it only needs a few to get the ball rolling.

i asked the blood bank people if i could give blood considering I'm a bit of a pothead.. they said as long as you're not dehydrated :)

Pleonastic said:
In the big picture, boycotting a companies products doesn't do shit.
I agree that a few people boycotting Nike or any other company wont bring them to their knees. Unless it’s done on a massive scale it doesn’t have the power to change the situation. But the way I choose to look at it is that boycotting companies whose practises I don't agree with is still relevant because it’s about choosing who I give my money to. I don’t expect Nestle or Nike or any of the companies I boycott to change their mind over the loss of one customer but at least I know I'm not supporting them.

DQueen: Don't dream the unimaginable, learn from what has already been done. It doesn't take more than a few people to make change, Nike, Nestle, etc. were all ideas that came from a few people, not millions! Ideas and originality have been lacking from the left since time imemorial and until they begin to think creatively than they will never win any major battles.

i am a dreamer...i am full of hopes and dreams...what is life without dreams? you know i know of a story about a man who changed the world and in his famous speech he said

"i have a dream...."

:)