• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations Strawberry Lovemuffin & Dale - Bub has arrived!

phase_dancer said:
However, this is an extremely important period for establishing sleep patterns. Every parent I can think off who didn't take their baby places at night ended up with a child who can't sleep anywhere but in his/her own bed, and usually also must have familiar levels of back ground noise. The musicians and party animals we knew never had this problem. So, after 4 months with each kid we started going out again, sometimes till very late, but where possible we always tried to take the baby. As the kids grew, both boys were very easy to handle at night. Now as adults, they sleep anywhere, anytime, and no amount of noise will wake them. So the advantages continue way down the track.

Enjoy these early months. It's truly a most amazing time.

My god, you don't know how apt this is. Since bringing her home from hospital we've had nothing but trouble at night. She likes to party like a rock star all night and sleep all day. We've since worked out it's probably WAY too quiet and dark for her here - she spent a lot of time in the Special Care nursery while I was in ICU, and there it was blaring lights and loud talking, and other babies crying constantly. We're going to start leaving a radio on near her and the TV if we're up settling her at night. GOD I could KILL for some sleep right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy dooley, that was the edited version! That is full on SLM, I am glad you are ok now though.
Take care and congrats again :)

Pics added :)

And one more... my poor arms following 37 seperate injection sites for IV drips, transfusions and blood samples. My veins collapsed and at one point they had to try my feet :( What a shitty junkie I'd make!
BruisedArms.jpg

Congratualtions!!!

It will get better, SLM: Kids sometimes need a little "settlin'-in" time. Try to relax and don't be afraid to let her cry, is the only advice i can give.

Oh my god i am so glad to hear you're alright!! How scary! I bet Dale was a nervous wreck. Your baby girl is absolutely gorgeous though. babies aren't usually that cute when they're first born, but yours is very much so! Well done! Makes me sad hearing that we nearly lost ya though :(

Such a gorgeous baby! I'm glad you to hear you're ok.

Carla,

Scarlett is absolutely adorable, and i'm SO glad to hear you're ok. I didn't put any info in the original post, as I thought it best that you post it yourself, at your discretion.

Your arms look so banged up, but the bruises will fade, you have a healthy, beautiful baby and you look so happy (as does Dale).

All the best, and much love!

<3

oh my gosh slm, i truly am so glad that you and the little one are okay. she is utterly delectable though, an absolutely lovely gorgeous bundle of wonderfulness. i really wish you all the best as a little family, and hope you recover quickly and completely.<3

Oh my goodness. I am in tears :) Of course she's a little strawberry love :) She is so beautiful! Welcome, little Scarlett!

Glad you made it through the mess afterwards, my goodness, what an absolute ordeal!

I cannot convey how happy I am for you, lovely lady! Much love to you and yours. What a beautiful little baby and what a beautiful family.

BTW, she is (of course) Aquarius Sun, Taurus Moon, and Aries Rising. I'll forward you her chart soon :) This child will always have loads of love in her life, many friends, and of course a little Aries Rising will keep you up all night... she wouldn't want to miss anything fun!

<3

Samadhi said:
you have a healthy, beautiful baby

That's what I'm so grateful for. I mean - I'm tough. I'll survive :) Who I feel really sorry for are the poor parents of sick bubbas... that must be horrendous, you'd feel so impotent. My precious gal is 100% healthy, I'm really lucky.

Congrats. I can't think of many other people I'd like to have as a mother as much as you (well, besides my mom of course ;)). <3

crap thats scary!
congrats on the little one!!!!!!!

Wow, that whole experience has me shaking. I'm so glad you're OK. What a trauma - well done for being so strong and coming through this beautifully.
You all look fantastic as as everyone's already said, Scarlett is one lovely looking bebe'.

Much love to you all, and wishing you a quick recovery! <3

As i commented on the pics Dale put on facebook, she is just so so beautiful! Her eyes are just amazing! You guys have definately produced a little beauty right there and with a name like Scarlett im sure she'll have the men flocking to her.

On the other side of things im so so glad you are okay, what an absolutely scary thing to have happen to you, but thank god for all the medical advanaces these days, you can imagine what might have happened if that had been 40 years ago :(

Glad everything is well and love to your absolutely stunning new family xox

Damn, Im sorry I didnt see this earlier.....

Congrats and I wish you all the best as you begin this new phase of your life.

I think you are perfectly balanced to be a great mum and your bub will hopefully one day respect that.

All the best to both yourself and Dale.

You look like you have such a loving family SLM :) I hope your little blessing brings you all the joy in the world <3

Congratulations Carla... just let me know when I can come over and visit and I'm there, waiting in turn for my hold... :D

I love the 4th picture of Scarlett in the basinet - gorgeous!!

Glad you're recovering okay from all the dramas, what a frightening experience for yourself and Dale.

What a beautiful baby girl SLM :D

You should be very very proud!

Hope you are starting to feel better soon and on the road to recovery.

<3

Carla that story just pulled me from one extreme emotion to the next ! Heart breaking hearing about what could have happened to you <3 But so beautiful hearing and seeing the gorgous outcome !

XX

Much love and health to you and your family!