• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Concerned and puzzled about friend

Perhaps, OP, you should worry about your own heroin use rather than the alcohol use of someone who was decent enough to welcome you into their home. Maybe, rather than posting a page of intrusive realisations about them to an internet forum, you should put as much effort into focusing on yourself. I notice a lot of people shift focus off their own situation because it's easier to solve the problems in other peoples' live than it is your own because you're somewhat depersonalised from the situation.

Just a thought.

This was insightful to me. I wonder if the guy concerned about his friend is a heroin addict. I'd be terrified of somebody who is already that messed up fucking around with dope. Nobody should use dope these days because in my humble opinion essentially ALL of it contains either fentanyl or fentanyl analogues with or without diamorphine and who knows what else. Also, they don't seem too concerned about their own safety (the OP, not the alcoholic). The guy literally said he was the dude's connection to drugs. What if that guy drops dead from an OD (hmm... I wonder how that could happen)... would he really want to be posting shit like that here, that he hooks the alcoholic up who is on prescription pills with other drugs? Is that smart do you think to type that online?

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I don't know these guys. They could be chill and have cool jobs and be interesting, who knows. I have problems too but I don't deal with it like that, I have a doctor and therapy. It's hard to tell sometimes over the internet. Sounds like they have serious problems though that could require therapy and possibly other medical treatment and very serious struggles (just a guess, again, it's just the vibe I got reading that mess). Or perhaps, they are fully functional and contributing members of society? It's possible, but somehow I doubt it, or that it would last all that long.

I don't really know how to comment because I think there are so many more important things to worry about here than why that alcoholic is getting so wasted off shooting up small amounts of heroin. My guess would be liver problems and drug (sedative) combinations, and just the fact that heroin in itself is being used, but I focussed on sciences other than biology and medicine so what do I know.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the feedback.

ShroomySatori: I am a heroin addict, and yes, I was his connection to getting shit, but he asked me for it, I haven't ever pressured him into wanting to use heroin...

It also seems like you and Kaden_Nite are making me out to be a complete stranger to the guy, which isn't true... His roommate is like my brother, and I knew the other guy before they moved in here. We are all tight here... As I said above, me and the other guy (dude that is like my brother) talked to him about it, and asked if he was OK, and what he thinks, or if he realizes how he gets when he uses, but he never gives us a clear answer about him being aware of it. I dunno.

I have also told him many times about the dangers of mixing multiple substances and using them. I told him about the dangers of serotonin syndrome, which is caused by taking too many SSRI medications together, as well as the serious dangers of mixing benzos and alcohol with opiates, which he understands. You mentioned that most of the dope going around these days is fentanyl and it's analogues. This is pretty much true. When I go to cop dope, I can tell if what we got is fentanyl or heroin. I know the difference between the two. I also know that fentanyl is a serotonergic drug, and can possibly cause serotonin syndrome when combined with an antidepressant like Paxil. I explained this to both my roommates actually.

I am not being intrusive to this guy's home, and I give the guy his space, since he has anxiety problems just like I do. I am just trying to help the guy... If it weren't for him and my best friend there, I would be homeless living on the street right now.

I got a lot of good info from you people out of making this thread.

I came to the conclusion that what is going on with this guy is most likely depression, which can explain his anxiety problems and insomnia, and depression can lead into alcoholism and drug addiction, simply because you are feeling so low and don't care what you do to yourself. Alcoholism and drug addiction magnify this symptom of depression 10-fold. When you are going thru WDs or DTs, you will pretty much do whatever to feel good again. But I know it is a constant cycle when you are in active addiction. Day in and day out, it demands that you tend to it, or you're gonna suffer.

As I said in the post above, he seems to be getting better slowly. A few days ago, me and both my roommates talked our problems out together. We spoke of the possibility of us going into a detox center, then going to a longer term treatment center. I admitted to them that I need serious help too..

But yeah, the dude is starting to get better though.. The 3 of us realized that we have been getting seriously carried away with using, and we're in danger of losing everything, winding up homeless, end up in jail, or dead.... Just the other day, me and the guy this thread is about, saved our roommates life a couple weeks ago because he OD'd on fentanyl. As for myself, about a week before that incident, I OD'd twice in the same day, luckily waking up. I should be a goner, which was also the result of having used klonopin and fentanyl in combination.

After the three of our close calls with death, we talked it over, and decided it was time to slow down a bit. Today I visited my primary care doctor and got prescribed some good opiate withdrawal meds, and the 3 of us are gonna use them to help kick our habits.

Anyway y'all thanks again for helping me understand and see what aspects of the situation I didn't think of.