Con artists using the Bluelight name, posing as imposter police, emergency workers, in Australia

c97521d9

Bluelighter
Had a few calls lately about a publication or journal, magazine wanting my support or that of affiliates because of "all your good work", their proposal was to include an advertisement in said publication for a credit card payable fee. One time it's an ex paramedic, another a teen educator, then a police officer, calling as they all do from an unblocked number. Convincing, only, not, if you know police phone calls.

Run a reverse IP lookup on server IP address 202.47.1.195.

Result #2 seems to be the perpetrator, the real police in NSW and VIC are aware of this con going around. But one was here on bluelight, and mentioned the site, while speaking with me, and if you look at the Bluelight address in the screenshot, it's just the name, it's not going to this actual site.

Attachments

• gffhghfgh.jpg
    gffhghfgh.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 12
tele scams gonna be tele scams, been there done that, why don't you fuck with them next time they call and fiddle their pickle

i know my number's publicly listed because bell likes to give away my private information, thanks bell i didn't want anyone not to know all my private information anyways.

I don’t wanna sound paranoid, but I’d be wary of this on either level.

Yeah there’s scammers galore in
Aus, but I always find said scams hit the States before trying here so we get plenty of warning.

I’d be more concerned the cops are trawling here.
They have entire task forces dedicated to this shit. It makes them look/feel good to catch small timers and I saw a thread here a few days ago, some asshat advertising links to sites to buy shit.
Aussie task forces be all over that shit, they’d smell an easy bust coming.

If they got your ph number it means you are using this site via your mobile right?

I don't think it's possible for anyone to get your number just by using the site, mobile or otherwise.

Wouldn't have a clue about that.

Doesn't matter about the pugs as that's always been a thing, m talking about drugs isn't illegal, sourcing and dealing isn't allowed so don't stress, probably a troll being a cunt is all .

Aus, but I always find said scams hit the States before trying here so we get plenty of warning.

They have entire task forces dedicated to this shit. It makes them look/feel good to catch small timers and I saw a thread here a few days ago, some asshat advertising links to sites to buy shit.

If they got your ph number it means you are using this site via your mobile right?
No, never. Not even internet related to me.

Bluelight actually never came up in conversation, wouldn't mention anyway, but by posing as trying to reduce harm, they're riding the coat tails of BL, so to speak, trying to build trust with people who may or may not be involved in some form of harm reduction (or just a loudmouth online)

The big busts are the ones that aren't published, with obvious exceptions,
How did they get your phone number?
They target organisations, charities, their representatives or clients past and present, companies, bloggers, look for websites with certain terms on them, and take the number if there, or otherwise it's not too hard to get a phone number.

did that happen to be the thread THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED BTW BUT I'VE YET TO BE MODDED time to send another message to TLB and cfc with another application and asking about it for the 100th time :(:(:(:(😠😭 that i posted on because that's all i can do when i see that which occurs often, and decided to advertise to buy me instead?meh no one loves me enough to buy me anyways 😢

Wouldn’t it be cool if NSW or Federal Police had an official BL account to maintain a dialogue with this community. They have a rep for every other community you could name.

Wouldn’t it be cool if NSW or Federal Police had an official BL account to maintain a dialogue with this community. They have a rep for every other community you could name.
They'd have to breach their duty though, maybe a NCO or affiliate that does not report to police, but I agree they should talk more, arrest less, the world will be better.

They'd have to breach their duty though, maybe a NCO or affiliate that does not report to police, but I agree they should talk more, arrest less, the world will be better.
how would they be in breach? they could use the excuse 'monitoring for safety reasons' or one of the bullshit reasons they come up with, like the time they stopped me when i was 16 riding my bike and gave me a ticket for 'biking on the wrong side of the road' you know, if i didn't see a cop car speeding at me with their lights n siren on, maybe i'd have more time to think about that, but yes, they wrote me a $65 ticket 25 was for calling them pricks which one responded to "i can arrest you for that" and i laughed. i refused to pay that ticket so i think my father paid it for me, id rather have them show up to haul me away for 'riding my bike on the wrong side of the road' and see how that'd go down in court. back to my original question what makes them be in breach? is there a rule or term of service that states anything like law enforcement can't join?? second thought, i did have a couple o's of pot i was en route to sell to my friend in my pocket, so it's probably a good thing they didn't arrest me, but it was involuntary when i called them pricks, can't blame me how rediculous can they be yaknow.

lel sharing that dumb story ^ has made me remember the time i was doing whatever i was doing, and was kinda out of it too, and duuuumbass me what do i do? i was looking at my phone, and walked into an officer in the metro, i don't think i've ever started to sweat bullets in my life honestly i apologized and told them i was gonna miss the subway(well its the metro here k, so metro car) and they said its fine n watch where i was going, pretty sure i was having a full-blown panic attack as i walked away sweating, ahhh not so good memories, i should stop thinking of the stupid shit that's happened in the past.

Hang on a minute, I'm old and the juice wore off.

What did this call actually say?

I've had the ago scammers and it's similar?

Is it possibly a coincidence?

No isn't an obv scam target, those phone numbers aren't real and it's an overseas scam usually.

Zonxx: geez you're a bit desperate sounding, lol
No, never. Not even internet related to me.

Bluelight actually never came up in conversation, wouldn't mention anyway, but by posing as trying to reduce harm, they're riding the coat tails of BL, so to speak, trying to build trust with people who may or may not be involved in some form of harm reduction (or just a loudmouth online)

I've gotten a few calls from scammers stating to be from the ATO.it was a robocall.i just laughed and hung up.

[/QUOTE
Hell yes the cops monitor everyone online directly themselves.
Def here in Aus anyhow. They have entire task forces that spend their days setting up fake deals with those idiots on fb who continue to sell their shit on some page totally inconspicuously named ‘wicked drugs’ 🤨

My daughters watched loads of mates go down that way.
You can guarantee they’d have eyes here, but only for those stupid research chem links that get posted occasionally, no ones really stupid enough to deal here lol