• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Compulsive redosing of benzos

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Have you experienced compulsive redosing of benzos?

What I mean is that you feel like you are not "high enough" and you end up taking more and more of benzos and it never seems to be enough.

In my personal experience, clonazepam is the most notorious benzo on this matter. When I had it I would eat it like candy and then lose memory and do stupid things.

Currently I'm a bit afraid of clonazepam and I should probably stay away from it.

Can happen with any benzo, but some more than others (temazepam is especially compulsive for me). I recommend a time lock safe.

^lol well I guess that's a good idea for some people.

Never got there when I was using benzos, though I did take high doses some time ago.

What relly got me was ambien. I would stay up on mega snorting escapades, eve further in the past though. That was way euphoric at the time. Now I can't tolerate it. Big mistake, as I still struggle with sleep.

it happens to me in high dose benzos, but not with reasonable use

What relly got me was ambien. I would stay up on mega snorting escapades, eve further in the past though.
lol wow, I would have to barricade myself inside the house if doing that

20mg makes me completely delusional with insane behavior

Yes I find this happens with Benzos if taken recreationally. It's worse if you are a poly drug user. Years ago when I abused benzos they didn't feel "right" without also smoking a joint. I think that's because I was already so relaxed from all the benzos in my system that there wasn't really an effect to feel anymore without another drug high in combination. Tolerance builds quickly with benzos as well and the memory issues along with non-existent inhibitions makes the redosing more and more likely the deeper your habit develops.

Have you experienced compulsive redosing of benzos?

What I mean is that you feel like you are not "high enough" and you end up taking more and more of benzos and it never seems to be enough.

In my personal experience, clonazepam is the most notorious benzo on this matter. When I had it I would eat it like candy and then lose memory and do stupid things.

Currently I'm a bit afraid of clonazepam and I should probably stay away from it.
Oh man story of my life, I take anywhere from 4mg up to 12mg of clonazepam somedays. Thing with me is that I'm not afraid of running out ever cause benzos are OTC in my country but if u have a script careful not to dose that much. Benzo wds are no jokeyyyyyyyyyy mateyyyyy.

Yep every time almost. This is the main reason I cannot take diazepam or any benzo really as ill redose until I'm so high I think I'm invisible and invincible its stupid. The last time I had 100mg diazepam I walked out of a pawn shop in my town with a apple mac book. Luckily for me I've got away with that one and even still go in that shop. I must of been invisible that day lol
But yeah I always act n do stupid shit an black out n have no recollection ... they're dangerous in that sense. For me anyway 😆

Absolutely redosing is a thing with me. I will dose til it's gone and find some more.
This usually ends in hard knocks, jail or both for me. Not to mention embarrassments along the way. And the "fixing" of things that got fucked up. Cannot control it in the least until I decide or have to get off.
What a bitch. I really wish I could control dosings of benzos. :cry:

I don't really have that issue but I know a lot of people do. I think if you find benzos recreational, you're bound to redose, because the high is pretty underwhelming, the main thing it does is eliminate anxiety, which can feel amazing if you're suffering with anxiety, especially chronically. For me, I don't find them recreational and just use them for sleep, drug comedowns, and the occasional really bad anxiety.

No.never felt urge to redose benzos.Even strange how people can do this?For me benzos are helpful to comedown after speed or a little additive to opies.There is not any euphoria and recreational value in them.For me

never used ti understand this but now feel this way about everything - no matter what i tak or how much i use its never eniugh. nothing makes the dysphoira go away. my consciousness is never altered enough untuil i am black ut. it is a small suffocating hellhole and i cannot caryr on much longer liek this