TDS communicate with just a right eye?

I was so worried about what I was going to write before I read she passed away. I would have hated to tell you that this was the best possible outcome of this situation while she was alive.

I cry as a I read this thread and I can't remember last time I cried. My grandmother had a stroke at the age of 86, while she was otherwise perfectly healthy. She had always been the most positive and social person in the world. After the stroke she woke up with locked in syndrome (or not locked in syndrome, since she could move her left hand slightly, but othewise it was the same). The first year she stayed strong, we visited often and she wrote about the stuff she used to talk about normally otherwise, it just took longer time than before, but communicating was very much possible.

By the end of the 2nd year, she was in pain alot, and getting more and more depressed (who wouldn't?) We still visited her, but she seemed "off" not really acknowledging that we were there as much anymore. She would still write, but it was getting harder and harder to understand.

By year 3, communcation was hard, I don't even know if she wanted to communicate anymore. She wrote that she wanted to die. Well, she wasn't so lucky.

By year 4 I visited her for the last time, she wrote "death" and that's the last time I saw her. A month or so later, she had passed away. Finally. So many times I was there, so many times I just wanted to end it for her. I would have wanted someone to do it for me. It is insane we can euthanize our pets, but we can't give our own the same mercy.

Watching this suffering, nothing in the world comes close. Death is only positive here, anything is better than laying like this. I am glad Laura didn't have to suffer as long, she is better off now than she was laying in that bed. This I know for sure.

Damn this brought back so many emotions...

Aww I just read through this. Ugly I am truly sorry for your loss, I commend you for being there and providing her strength through her last days. You are a heck of a woman ugly. Again I'm sorry.

Ugly, I am thankful for this end for your friend, but certainly not for you or her husband or anyone else that knew and loved her in this life. I am so sorry. Two cars, bad timing, distraction and this terrible end for a lovely human being. Our lives hang by such a fragile thread.

Give yourself all the time in the world to grieve, to cry, to mourn, to celebrate who and what she was. I sincerely hope that you will take comfort and solace in knowing what a good friend you were and what a profound gift you gave her in the nightmare that was the last couple of months, which was being there. No one can ever ask for more from someone else. You gave it unasked.

I feel like there s strange state of grace that we enter into when we are in the realm of death of someone we love. It is painful, it is probably a state of shock, but there is a certain grace when every other solitary thing in the world falls away and all we feel is that immense love and that equally immense loss. In that time, close to the actual death, we have the opportunity to see how brief this all really is, how fragile, how deep our connections are and what they truly mean. And no matter what we thought we believed about death, or do believe, the eternal nature of life itself comes to sit with us, clear as day. I think treating this time, when all of this touches you so deeply, as sacred time, is important.
((((<3))) to you today.

I wanted to let you know Ugly that you're an amazing person for being there for your close friends. You have an amazing personality, a big heart, and a fantastic soul.

I'm here if you want to talk.

<3

Ugly <3 I am so sorry that you have to take on the pain of something you are completely not in control of. You are a deeply beautiful person and she is so lucky to have you. Please contunie to post her progress. It sounds as if she is coming back slowly. Or at least you are learning to communicate with her without words :). It is such a strong bond you two have. <3 The last part about the shotgun into the trachea made me laugh. It's so obvious what kind of friendship you two have.

There's going to be a candle light vigil for her one night this week, on the corner where she was pedestrianing along and got ran over.

I saw her husband today and gave him some money that I've collected from a few here and theres.....

It was the first time we've talked since she died, and he is a broken man.

Hopefully the vigil will be a comfort to him...

There's going to be a candle light vigil for her one night this week, on the corner where she was pedestrianing along and got ran over.

I saw her husband today and gave him some money that I've collected from a few here and theres.....

It was the first time we've talked since she died, and he is a broken man.

Hopefully the vigil will be a comfort to him...

My heart and thoughts goes out to him.

If I wasn't poor and car-less, I'd consider showing up but it's not an option for me right now.

Much <3

You are a true friend, you were there when it mattered.

Thanks for sharing this story... My heart goes out to everyone involved.

Thank you, for your loving words. It's really a comfort.

To those of you lurking through this thread, thank you for the loving thoughts I've felt coming from the board at large.

We haven't been able to have our vigil yet because we live in the area where Chris Dormer is/was.

I'd missed the updates to this thread, I'm so sorry to hear your friend's gone Ugly. I think you must have been a real gift to her towards the end with the love you gave her, the connection you had I'm sure was valuable beyond counting. I hope the vigil brings some sense of closure and comfort for you Ugly.

((( <3<3<3 )))

We haven't been able to have our vigil yet because we live in the area where Chris Dormer is/was.

Yeah it'll definitely be good to wait until that situation is taken care of.

You all stay safe out there! <3

Ugly, You are a beautiful person. Your screen name should be "Beauty" instead.

Many people would not have had the emotional strength to see your friend in such a state, much less stand by her and bring an element of happiness into her life. What you did for her in her final time in this world is no less than breathtaking.

<3

Ugly, I do not know you, but you have been amazing to your friend. If there is a life after this (which i believe there is), she will always be thankful to you and her husband, and will meet again.
I noticed you wrote about a candlelit vigil, and have lit a candle now for your friend.
I wish you the best through this tough time.