Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coming Out to my Co-Workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BecomingJulie

Bluelight Crew
Tonight, I officially came out as transgender to my co-workers, at the works christmas party. I went as Julie, not Simon, and was accepted thus by everyone.

Think my boss must have suspcted for awhile; because if he's been looking at my out-of-hours activities like any decent hacker would then he must have spotted "Julie Montoya" signing some code that was embarrassingly similar in style to Simon's code (he writes like a girl anyway, in a girlie language).

I love all of them x <3 x <3 x <3 x and I love all of you here on Bluelight too x <3 x <3 x <3 x

Now for some serious drug abuse, starting with a spliff or two of local produce =D

Well done Julie! That's such a brave thing to do.

<3

And so cool that it went smoothly! You did it at the christmas party? That takes... oh wait =D courage!

Funny thing is, it all just feels so much easier now. I was worrying over nothing.

I suppose it's my job now to help someone else admit their true self .....

Did someone help you?

and yeah I can imagine how you would have been "worrying over nothing" :D

People generally aren't as bad/scary as appearances would suggest, really.

Glad i stayed up for such a big announcement. I ve only ever seen your pics on here and combined with your username i had just presumed you were out etc. (total lack of words on my part)

Must be a nice wee feeling you've got going on at the minute

I know I don't know you/we've never spoken, but I just wanted to send my support and happiness that things went so well for you. I was very close friends with a female to male transgender a few years ago, and though I can't personally even begin know what he went through extensively, I did learn a lot about the fear of acceptance he dealt with for years. I've occasionally kept in touch, and it appears he is at peace now and has found a strong community. I am truly pleased that you too found the acceptance you deserve. That took a lot of inner strength and I"m genuinely happy for you that it was much more effortless than expected. I'm glad you can be yourself fully and I'm sure your story will help others as well. Best to you. Now go have some fun! :)

Last edited:
Well done Julie! Must be like a weight off your shoulders, right?

Or like a weight off her groin? Oh me so funny.

When one of my mates told his parents he was gay his mum cried apparently :( His dad was cool about it. His mum was after a day I think.

Yeah I'm fully aware they are different, but the 'coming out' aspect, the 'secret people don't know about you' the worrying of peoples reactions...having to tell people, or feeling you have to, are similar. I guess I was trying to relate it to something that happened in my friends life, where he was also accepted by his parents and his mates, for who he is.

Thanks for the lecture though ;) I don't take offence.

Naw, I understood that, and that you were relating. I in no way meant to insinuate you were ignorant otherwise. I'm sorry it came off that way. And I am truly happy your friend is accepted, he's very lucky. I get a little wordy b/c I have a family member who can't come out and it breaks my heart. Honestly didn't mean to lecture, and glad you didn't take offense. I also often unintentionally write too damn much for my own good and don't know when to stfu, lol. Gotta learn how to self-edit.. ;) Cheers. :)

'Already was Julie, and now everyone else is clearly aware'

:)

Congrats <3

Well done Julie, I bet you are on a natural high at the moment.Pleased for you.

congratulations on your courage!
i too was under the impression that you had already come out. but great you re finally free

if there ever was a reason for celebration, this is it :D cheers!

Nice one Jules, it's the only name I've ever thought of you as. Glad it went well <3

If there's a spare cock going at some point, my penis envy wonders if they do live transplant swaps ...

Status
Not open for further replies.