• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming off meth and sick.

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
I've just come off a 2 week meth binge - few days on, then a few days off. I went through under a gram during this time and yesterday was my last dose. My main method was snorting, although I tried to always IV. While using IV, I practiced all safe (as possible) techniques - never using in unsterile environments, always using new rigs, always using alcohol swabs and washing my hands before starting. Preparing everything in a sterile area, never sharing equipment, filtering all my shots.

Now, I know (or have a fair guess) that I missed two shots. One two weeks ago, and one two days ago. They were tender initially, but both stopped hurting within 1/2 days, and now my entire arm is completely back to normal and no one would be able to tell I was using (due to applying antibacterial ointment and vitamin E methodically).

Since my last dose, I've started feeling sick like I have a minor cold. Have a cough, runny nose. Nothing major. I was wondering what other peoples experience while coming off and what I should expect here. I have a doctor's appointment Monday with my youth centre, but if stuff gets worse then obviously I'll take myself to the hospital. I'm just hoping I happened to get sick at the end of this point rather than me absolutely fucking myself up and giving myself some kind of terrible infection. I know I'm probably overreacting, but I'd like to know.

I just felt shitty coming off a couple month binge. I slept and ate A LOT. I had laryngitis while i was using, now 10 days of being clean, I'm starting to get that cough back. I'm no medical doctor so I'm glad you had the opportunity to see one, but nothing was right with my body so i know my immune system was all fucked up. Hope you're feeling better now!

I get dope sick really bad. Like a nasty cold/sinus infection and I am so exhausted and starving. I use a lot more than op, daily user nearly a gram a day, my boyfriend uses very close to the same amount I do and he never gets sick like I do.
We regularly shoot it and smoke. But I eat it and I'll do a rail occasionally
Stop IVing before you do make yourself sick if you're at all concerned. Good luck