Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

anyone find it hard to be active? Its hard to muster up the energy to get out of the house. Invega has turned me into a couch potato.

My emotions are definitely more muted than before. If they never come back fully, there are some silver linings. I don't get as excited, but I also don't get as stressed out.
Man i don't mind feeling stress. I want all my emotions back. :(

anyone find it hard to be active? Its hard to muster up the energy to get out of the house. Invega has turned me into a couch potato.
I have zero energy. I just stay in bed all day.

I can find the energy to do different things, was like this in the beginning. I once enjoyed cleaning but now I don’t enjoy it anymore. I do enjoy going places like out to eat and stuff like that. I would say getting out of the house isn’t a problem for me, it’s more like, doing house chores that I’m not as excited about.

Last edited:
Every month to month and a half , so 30-44 days , in the very beginning the shot continues to lessen in strength.

It’s the main misconception in this thread for the people early on not really comprehending that the shot is still in their system and working effectively as an anti psychotic 5 to 6 months after your first loading dose.

You really have to give yourself 4-6 months for the healing to even begin.

My last injection , the loading dose , was 3 months ago and I can legit feel it working less and less as each half life cycle passes

Find the willpower to heal, guys, I had a dose of 600 mg of Abilify, had akatasia, and myoclonus, restless legs syndrome, but you can heal, just take natural remedies and listen to you body. Omeopatic Medicine can probably heal your mind and your body.

Just believe, rest, do an healty lifestyle, biological foods, and all that jazz. Music helps, just listen, listen to your body. I never posted.
Just find Omeopatic Doctor. Mucuna pruriens helps. But not too much, or you'll exprerience tics.
Remember to eat drink rest and maybe exercize.
Please, it took me years, dont stress your body, dont do bad things to yourself. You will realize that your head will repair itself.
Dont panic, it goes away by itself, when it goes your brains takes some time to readjust.

I feel like myself Again, was desperate too, but keep having faith, and you will heal. It was a medical mistake, just forgive them, They dont know what that thing does maybe.
But yes talk with your closest ones. belive in healing. let nature heal you. go in nature, speak with close people.

please believe in healing, you have to have the willpower to believe! Willpower makes your mind react and heal. Believe in yourself. Stay alive!

please I cant alway answer, but there is hope!!!!

Thanks Katarina
Mario

I just had this epiphany that on blue light and Reddit ( if you search invega sustenna ) all the people that have not recovered sum up to a total of about 25 people that are just continuously on the forum sharing their negative experience, a majority are people who have healed , or didn’t come back because they probably healed, or are people within the first 1-8 month range that are looking for hope.

The amount of posts that are from people that didn’t heal after 8 months plus are extremely small, even tho they are repetitive. Chances of 80-90% recovery are actually extremely high if you factor in the tens of thousands of people who have received this shot.

Update on my second libido crash:

I have regained non-sexual sensation, at least most of it. I have low progesterone, which could be causing all of my sexual problems and contributing to anxiety. I had no idea lion's mane could fuck up your hormones, but it can! Luckily, it's very fixable. I also suspected high testasterone in myself since I can grow some facial hair and my voice is androgynous (at least when I try), but my last test showed normal levels. I heard lion's mane can also lower testosterone. I'm nonbinary and I kinda want my (presumed) old testosterones levels back. Progesterone depletion from lion's mane is apparently more likely in people who have anemia and I have a history of anemia.

My doctor missed that I had low progesterone levels from when I did a full panel to see my prolactin and for a formal PCOS diagnosis. I'm getting it tested again and hopefully my insurance will cover some progesterone pills.

I'm still having that emotional setback, but it's also getting better. I think I might have been emotionally burnt out after my anxiety attacks. I'll do a big post about that with my monthly update.

It’s actually disgusting how I feel nothing inside

This nothingness is unbearable. Has anyone been this low and come back from it? Where you feel like your insides have been scraped clean and you’ve been chemically raped? There is no pleasure, no feelings, no thoughts just emptiness…. I can’t imagine coming back from this
You'll feel better a few months in. When we spoke, you seemed intelligent and like something was still there. Hold on to what you find. My inner dialogue came back and I felt like parts of myself were erased.

Last edited:
Maybe such people shouldn't presume that a drug they haven't taken for months or even years IS the problem?

It's a NEUROLEPTIC with a very limited number of indications for prescribing.

Stopping taking such medication (which should only be done under medical supervision0 could simply result in the original illness returning in a modified form. I'm not saying it is, but at the very least a doctor would fill in and send a 'yellow form' (I don't know the US term) but notice of an adverse reaction (if they believe the drug is the cause).

Then, in the UK at least, CBT or similar therapy might be offered.

I don't know and certainly won't ask why you were prescribed this medicine, but it's really unselective. Not just 5HT2a & D2 but seemingly all of the subtypes. It's actually the active metabolite of an older medicine and it's sole virtue is that it lends itself to slow-release formulations,

Also, depot injections? Is that the only form available?

For all those struggling with weight gain:
I have a pro tip!
Try getting a prescription for a diabetes medication like metformin from your psych or Ozempic/Wegovy/Monjaro from your nearest weight loss center.
The diabetes medication reverses the weight gain caused by antipsychotics and keeps it under control.
I’ve been getting the lowest monthly dose of invega since the past couple months along with the Ozempic, and have managed to keep my weight under control.
If you’re struggling with weight, please consider this as an option, especially if you believe you have a mental illness and need to be on medication.

Yet off label prescribing of neuroleptics is trending upwards, even in nursing homes

In the UK we caught them - so now a close eye is kept on nursing homes prescribing them. Agitated people with dementia can be hard work but neuroleptics are contraindicated in people with dementia,

READ PLEASE

Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well. So here's my situation: I was coding my website all night and didn't sleep for like 1-2 days. My hypomania triggered, colors are more vivid, perception is altered, taste is altered, and things started to move when I was up. It was obviously a hallucination brought on by not sleeping. I felt happy and excited about designing my website. I didn't take drugs; it happened when I didn't sleep. Now I slept for 6 hours, and it reduced a bit in the mornings but increased when I stayed up at night, so I'm planning to limit my staying up and sleeping as early as possible. I heard that hypomania lasts around 2–3 days, and I don't feel psychotic—no delusions, hallucinations, or hearing voices just purely on my bipolar side. Will I get psychotic? I hope I don't. Just keep for 8 hours now and go back to my old routine, I'm sleeping for 5 hours now I use to sleep for 8 hours. I dont want to ruin my recovery by not sleeping for 1-2 days in a row. I know there are a lot of people who don't sleep for 1-2 days and they are totally fine. I just hope the injection I took for 10 months helped me. My doctors don't know I take the antispchyotics. Right now, I feel fine after waking up, just not as bad. Should I be scared or just enjoy it? During my manic episode that happenening right now, I feels like I am recovered 100% its amazing though haha.

Last edited:
Hypomania is often triggered by lack of sleep. If you suffer from bipolar then you have to develop a fixed routine. If you stay awake it could tip into full mania, The thing is, you feel so good that you want to be awake to enjoy it - that's a trap. Mania beats every drug known to man but nish for nish, You will eventually crash and the depression and the memory of the dumb things you did means a long, hard climb just to feel normal.

There was a brief vogue for giving people with bipolar neuroleptics. But people soon realized that being asleep for 18 hours a day and groggy for the rest wasn't a life. It meant that people just didn't take their medication.

I think having a box of quetiapine handy is of value as long as you recognise what's happening but 1 or 2 days of it will quash (hypo)mania,

True psychosis is when you don't recognise that you are hallucinating. What you describe sounds more like synesthesia, another recognized symptom of bipolar disorder.

Get some more sleep.

Hypomania is often triggered by lack of sleep. If you suffer from bipolar then you have to develop a fixed routine. If you stay awake it could tip into full mania, The thing is, you feel so good that you want to be awake to enjoy it - that's a trap. Mania beats every drug known to man but nish for nish, You will eventually crash and the depression and the memory of the dumb things you did means a long, hard climb just to feel normal.

There was a brief vogue for giving people with bipolar neuroleptics. But people soon realized that being asleep for 18 hours a day and groggy for the rest wasn't a life. It meant that people just didn't take their medication.

I think having a box of quetiapine handy is of value as long as you recognise what's happening but 1 or 2 days of it will quash (hypo)mania,

True psychosis is when you don't recognise that you are hallucinating. What you describe sounds more like synesthesia, another recognized symptom of bipolar disorder.

Get some more sleep.
I slelpt, for 6 hours yesterday, now just wokeup from another 4 hour nap, I feel mostly fine apart from color becoming more vivid