Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

I experienced the brain burn feeling today, I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t drank anything for 18hrs or the invega doing stuff to my brain.

The depression this poison has left me with is like no other. I was blaming myself today for not setting up a TV in my room so I could watch stuff and play games to keep busy, but then I remembered I had absolutely no motivation or interest to do anything and still mostly don’t.

I feel like that could have saved me from overthinking if I forced myself to watch something, but it was just so uncomfortable sitting on a computer chair at a desk (what I used to do all the time).

My minds ruined beyond repair now, anxiety is overtaking every thought. I can’t think of old times or the future or anything good now. It’s just always about how much better life would be if this didn’t happen.

I wonder how many people stopped posting on here and other forums because they took their own life, seems like the only way out of this mess.

Same 😞 it always feels unnatural and almost impossible for me to do things. My body and mind fight against me when I try to do things because I’m so debilitated… I feel so hopeless….

I’m gunna try to read more positive recovery stories later…

I experienced the brain burn feeling today, I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t drank anything for 18hrs or the invega doing stuff to my brain.

The depression this poison has left me with is like no other. I was blaming myself today for not setting up a TV in my room so I could watch stuff and play games to keep busy, but then I remembered I had absolutely no motivation or interest to do anything and still mostly don’t.

I feel like that could have saved me from overthinking if I forced myself to watch something, but it was just so uncomfortable sitting on a computer chair at a desk (what I used to do all the time).

My minds ruined beyond repair now, anxiety is overtaking every thought. I can’t think of old times or the future or anything good now. It’s just always about how much better life would be if this didn’t happen.

I wonder how many people stopped posting on here and other forums because they took their own life, seems like the only way out of this mess.
It's not ruined beyond repair! The vast majority of people who had this drug and stopped taking it go back to normal. The only reason I'm not completely back to normal is because I was dumb enough to take an antidepressant.

It's good to force yourself to do stuff, it makes the anhedonia go away faster. Go for walks. Get that TV set up and play some games. My anhedonia started going away when I watched TV.

So I just got my period at 4 months off. I’m taking that as a good sign. Yesterday, was a good day. I spent time with my cousin and I felt a little bit of my self back. Social skills seem to be improving as well slowly but surely. I’m seeing a lot of improvement at 4 months. Still don’t have a lot of energy or drive though but I was taking shrooms to help with that. I’ve always struggled with low energy and productivity. Maybe Wellbutrin can help with that.

You think the time people get their periods back would be less random. It took me like 8 months to have a period again. I could also have a persistent hormonal imbalance.

I don’t think I can go back to normal. The previous times I’ve experienced depression and wanted to kill myself i could still watch TV and do other stuff. Since invega it’s just crippled me.

Nothing feels right anymore. I don’t want to do anything except die but I’m scared of dying now and am just bored most of the time.

I’m slightly better physically than I was a few months ago, but that’s all that has improved. I remember waking up in the middle of the night frozen like I couldn’t move for a few seconds. The brain fog and derealization was so bad I couldn’t have imagined driving a car.

I want more improvements like that, so in another few months I want to be over all these stupid fears and phobias that have developed.

I don’t want to brings peoples hopes down but I feel it’s important to document everything this poison has done to me. Maybe it will help some people as they realize they don’t have it as bad as me.

If I had have found a story that sounded like mine I probably would have stopped reading so many stories trying to figure out if Invega causes all this stuff or not.

I'm 6 months off abilify pills and still experiencing sexual dysfunction.

How long does recovery from abilify sexual dysfunction take?

It feels so unreal that I’m still alive. It’s like my soul left my body in the hospital and I cant get it back. My entire belief system has collapsed.

I never realized how much stuff I took for granted until now, problem is I don’t think there’s a way to get it back and appreciate it again.

There wasn’t much going on in my life before all this and I was content with life. Now I’m going out almost everyday and still can’t have fun. I‘ve basically ran out of stuff to do, everything sucks.

I wish I had positive news to report but I feel it’s my duty to expose everything this poisonous drug does to people. I can’t stand all the people on Reddit blaming the negative symptoms on their “Post Psychosis Depression”.
this is so real how long are you off invega, what caused it ?

We’re all going to heal from this it will only take time
besides sexual dysfunction and missing adrenaline and feelings i’m pretty normal still but definitely miss the feelings of arousal and sexual attraction

There is a success story about invega on rumble. Username is skombles.
I forgot what Rumble was and I did not want to see a video comparing queer people to zoophiles in the sidebar, wtf. Meanwhile, next to it there is a friendly video with known pedophile Ted Nugent. (look it up, he has victims, he has a couple disgusting "jailbait" songs too)

Anyway, even though the right-wing echo-chamber this is on can burn in a dumpster, here's the video-

You're not supposed to give anti-psychotic naive people invega sustenna. That is medical negligence and she should sue somebody. Good to know you can still get over this fine while being completely antipsychotic naive. I was sort of antipsychotic naive as well, I had only been on risperdone for like 10 days before they gave me the injections. I don't know how she got another loading dose as well, holy shit.

She is completely right, you DO recover from invega. The only reason I'm not recovered is because I took an antidepressant after, which was an even bigger and more damaging mistake than taking these stupid shots.

I was hoping she would have more videos up but she doesn't. I hope she's doing okay and didn't have a psychotic relapse.

Full post about my recovery will go up tonight or tomorrow. I unexpectedly lost a lot of emotional blunting in the past few days and my anhedonia is almost gone. I don't think I'm getting the same level of enjoyment out of things but I'm enjoying things again. I love being outside again. The weeping cherry tree in my yard transformed into a butterfly/bee buffet today, just absolutely full of friendly pollinators. My niece loved it.

Last edited:
It just makes no sense that my minds almost 100% negative thoughts and not wanting to do anything still after 4 months since the last injection. To make matters worse the weathers getting colder here and I feel so uncomfortable and out of place, my survival skills are non-existent now.

Suicide or death is on my mind all the time. Too bad all the methods suck, the quickest way would be jumping off a bridge but it’s too far for me to walk, I also think I’d somehow survive it and end up worse off than before. There’s Fentanyl but what happens if I don’t die and just get hooked on it? A gun would be perfect but I’d never be able to get one.

I just wish I could live out my days carefree like I was doing before all this.
Four months is nothing, it's not even completely out of your system yet. It takes about 6 months to wash out, then your brain starts upregulating receptors and re-balancing neurotransmitters. I went through your posts and I really hope you can stop thinking about suicide all the time soon. Just hold on, keep your friends close, anyone who cares about you. Have them come to your house and watch TV with them. If you're comfortable with it, have them hold you on the couch or hug you for a long time.

It really does get better, you're not ruined. You have just stepped into a brain damage simulator. It's going to be a shitty year, but you will come out the other side.

Four months is nothing, it's not even completely out of your system yet. It takes about 6 months to wash out, then your brain starts upregulating receptors and re-balancing neurotransmitters. I went through your posts and I really hope you can stop thinking about suicide all the time soon. Just hold on, keep your friends close, anyone who cares about you. Have them come to your house and watch TV with them. If you're comfortable with it, have them hold you on the couch or hug you for a long time.

It really does get better, you're not ruined. You have just stepped into a brain damage simulator. It's going to be a shitty year, but you will come out the other side.
You think it take the same amount of time to recover from abilify?

You think it take the same amount of time to recover from abilify?
No idea, but I heard it can take quite some time as well, even from pills.

I don't think I'll write anything tonight, this is a traumaversary day and I got worrying news about my hormones today. It's been one year exactly.

I am laughing a lot today and I feel my imagination coming back. I wasn't able to clearly imagine smells, sounds and tastes until today. I can reliably form a mental image. Not as well as before, but it's functional. I'm thinking like myself, but I still feel like something is missing. I think that has more to do with PSSD than invega, taking Prozac was such a setback.

I saw my niece and my sister today and that kept me from dwelling on my medical stuff. I'm still wearing the hair accessory my sister made for me. It's cute and it made my day so much better.

My mental and emotional recovery was made much more clear over the past week. I wasn't totally PUMPED for the eclipse like I was in 2017, but I also didn't see totality either like I did that year. I jumped up and down at totality, I was so excited (I saw the snakey shadows on the ground and it was like I was in a dome of twilight, it was fucking amazing). But ever since then, I have felt happier.

Last edited:
I thought the brain burn was going away, but it is having intense flare ups. 6 1/2 months off.

But what percentage of people get better who were previously low functioning schizophrenia? I’m almost at 6 months now and feel no improvement whatsoever. So your words of hope hold no meaning for me unfortunately:(

Is anyone here a previous low functioning schizophrenic? Did they heal? Is it possible?

InvegaTorture had brain burning but the last I heard form him, he didn't anymore.
I know his case and have talked to him before. He had brain burn for the first couple months. Mine started at month 2 1/2 and has continued with wavering intensity for 4 months.

I know his case and have talked to him before. He had brain burn for the first couple months. Mine started at month 2 1/2 and has continued with wavering intensity for 4 months.
I didn't have that symptom. I wish we knew what it was, then we'd know if it was cause for concern. I wouldn't worry too much.