Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have side effects, but I think that it was mostly because of other things going on in my life.

Invega is an effective medicine for many. Like all drugs, sometime it doesn't function medicinally.

Also, Invega, aka paliperidone, is the main active metabolite of risperdal. A quick search--so it appears that risperdal was studied since the 1980's, and was approved for schizophrenia about 30 eyars ago. It takes about ten years of trials for a drug to be allowed by the FDA to sell to consumers, and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Western meds can take some time to get used to. For antipsychotics, a good six months is usually called for.

Hey all,

I am almost two years off of this drug. It's almost never on my mind lately, but remembering that hopeless christmas two years ago where I could feel absolutely no emotion or happiness made me feel like I should make an update here.
I am fully recovered from invega sustenna. I can laugh, not eat, exercise, have interests, smile for no reason, have long and meaningful conversations, be emotionally touched by experiences, empathize, feel remorse, enjoy logical deduction, anticipate things with excitement, and overall just be fully human.
On my last update I shared that I had a second psychosis in March in which I was hospitalized. I told them I was allergic to the invega shot. I received one haldol shot and was on the invega pill for around 8 days, which i immediately stopped taking upon release. I haven't taken it since, nor have I had any more psychosis. I do have the pills on hand, just in case, and I regularly work with a therapist, which I didnt believe in before but now I find has been an immeasurable help in dealing with my coping mechanisms concerning my own thought. I also had my COPPER IUD REMOVED in july. I have suspicion that excess copper may have been a culprit in all of this. Now, when I reach patterns of thought that may have spun me up and whacked me out before, I am able to neutralize them with reasoning and rational thinking. This may be due to therapy, personal growth, a lack of excess copper, or something else. Or, I may still be a mental time bomb just waiting to blow...but I really dont think so. I think that this 2.5 year episode of literal hell is closing its chapter completely.
There is hope. You will be able to feel a glimmer of life at the end of year 1. During year 1, I also could do nothing but numb myself with mobile games and stupid shit online. Hold on to every scrap of joy that you can. By the end of year 2 , as I am, invega will be a faint memory of the worst time possible in your life. How can you fear death after invega? People that tell you that there is no hope are either focusing so much on the negative that they make it real, or have something else going on.
Sexually I am recovered. 98%. More than enough to be happy and satisfied. dont want to go into too much detail.
Physically I am beautiful again. I lost the weight and went back to my normal rhythms. My "on invega" and "after invega" pictures are a sight to see.

It is a travesty that this is given to people after everything it makes them go through. Therapy works well, but psychiatrists are so full of shit they cannot see straight. To try to get them to admit that this medication may harm certain people is trying to get them to admit that they are culpable. They never will. They will lie out of their ass to try to make it seem like they know what they are talking about when they actually have no clue. They just peddle the merchandise.
I'm not saying there aren't people who these meds dont help. There are people whose minds are so busted that neutralizing it is the only option. I am NOT one of those people. I and many others fall through the cracks of a messed up diagnostic system and get sentenced to a fate worse than death. I commend everyone here for having the strength and knowledge of their own self worth to get out of that.

One or two far spaced psychotic episodes does not a schizophrenic make. Many other things could be below the surface. Hold on to your truth.

Good luck and Godspeed.
Did you notice the weight gain subside after coming off the medication?

Does anyone know if the severe amount of indecision goes away? I feel like I can't make any decisions at all. I'm so scared. I feel like everything is pointless. I miss feeling love and connection to the people and world around me. I'm so fucking scared. Unexplainably scared.

Does anyone know if the severe amount of indecision goes away? I feel like I can't make any decisions at all. I'm so scared. I feel like everything is pointless. I miss feeling love and connection to the people and world around me. I'm so fucking scared. Unexplainably scared.

It all goes away dude you just have to chill there’s no reason to be scared.

Does walking a lot get invega out of the system quicker?
The answer I would say is no It’s time release. You have to take it a minute at a time or a second at a time because recovery is a snail slow process.
Try to keep busy even if you don’t feel like doing anything then re read the forms for hope. That’s what I did. I’m 12 months off invega, but I’m not a 100 percent. Wish I was myself but I feel like I changed into someone else. So sad

Oh man i hope so!
If it all goes away then why at 12 months I still am not myself. I feel like I’m someone who I don’t know. I still suffer from ptsd because of invega. Before Invega life was amazing. I have my emotions back but they aren’t the same emotions before invega. I don’t even love anymore. Love was my favorite emotion and I can love a person but the strong feelings of love I do not have. I suffer from extreme anxiety so I take klonpin and hay’s the only med that works, but it keeps me depress and lazy no motivation.
Do anyone in here suggest a good anxiety med and a good ptsd med. I have severe trauma. My family don’t believe me. I swear why would anyone lie about Invega it doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t have a support system. Oh in my past post I had a guy friend that was my support system but he didn’t want to be supportive anymore it was dragging him down, so I lost him. I know in one of my post I said I will lose him and yeah I did. Now I have no support. Blue light has saved so many lives and I’m thankful for everyone who posted on this forum. It gives us hope. Please if anyone here knows a good ptsd med to try please tell me email me here. Also o good anxiety med as well. Thanks
GODSPEED ❤️❤️❤️

I don’t have a support system. Oh in my past post I had a guy friend that was my support system but he didn’t want to be supportive anymore it was dragging him down, so I lost him.
This is me, like for 10 years now. All by myself. People are basically brainwashed from childhood to old age. Real people who can build own independent ideas became rare. Most people don't know shit about media. They are scared of everything.
If it all goes away then why at 12 months I still am not myself.
I think you must be a rare case.

Yeah... I mean there will be always a little bit of pointlessless in life. But the depression which is induced by Invega is heavy. For those who never been depressed it must be really hell. For me it was like feeling that i already knew but the anhedonia thing was new to me.

Yeah... I mean there will be always a little bit of pointlessless in life. But the depression which is induced by Invega is heavy. For those who never been depressed it must be really hell. For me it was like feeling that i already knew but the anhedonia thing was new to me.
Ya i mean i used to have some mild depression from work or relationships or whatever. But this makes me feel like I have nothing to do at all. I literal can't find anything I enjoy. I have no wants. I can't even decide what i want to eat or drink. I feel like I'm dead. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, a lot of people say it's there but i feel like i thought too deeply about life and can't get out of the torment. I'm about 6 months off. I sometimes remember what I used to feel like. It's like I never feel like I'm anywhere. There's a certain feeling you get when you're in a store or around other people, when the sun comes up, the feeling of hope. I feel like it's gone. I don't know who i am. I can't describe myself

Day 123
I feel my eyes are slowly begin to look normal again.
I am more active.
My sense of smell is getting better.
Less pressure in my head (all-time low since off)
Mind getting sharper by each week.
Drug induced depression improved.
Anhedonia improved. At this point i have most of my interests back.
I have a strong feeling to connect with girls again. My desire for sex is back.

Day 123
I feel my eyes are slowly begin to look normal again.
I am more active.
My sense of smell is getting better.
Less pressure in my head (all-time low since off)
Mind getting sharper by each week.
Drug induced depression improved.
Anhedonia improved. At this point i have most of my interests back.
I have a strong feeling to connect with girls again. My desire for sex is back.
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I figure everyone else got better. Not many people left on here

See!. I had by first big step of recovery between month 6 and 7.
It is a very slow recovery, don't give up man. Tik Tok saved many days of pure depression for me.
It's like "hey i kinda feel like I'm here right now" then it starts slipping, and I'm back into blankness. I try to think of what I want in life or what i want to do at the moment and there's nothing there. It's hell. Did you experience things like this?

This is me, like for 10 years now. All by myself. People are basically brainwashed from childhood to old age. Real people who can build own independent ideas became rare. Most people don't know shit about media. They are scared of everything.

I think you must be a rare case.
Wow why would you say a rare case.
it takes 12 to 18 months to 2 years to heal. I’m one year.

Do anyone know a good anxiety medication? Also I good anti depressant.
my anxiety is really bad. I have no sport system and I’m here asking for your help. The doctor don’t even believe me about invega.
Do we really become 100 percent

Do anyone know a good anxiety medication? Also I good anti depressant.
my anxiety is really bad. I have no sport system and I’m here asking for your help. The doctor don’t even believe me about invega.
Do we really become 100 percent
I personally have stayed away from any and all psychiatric medicines. Instead I’ve been changing my lifestyle a bit and going to a plant based diet and now onto a keto diet with intermittent fasting. I can tell you I feel way better than before by eating processed foods and eating out. I think a lot of mental health has to do with your nutrition and lifestyle. Add a healthy exercise routine along with a healthy diet and it’ll do wonders for your mental health! I’ve been following Dr Berg on YouTube. He talks about brain neurogenisis in some of his videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.