• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Malakoff : bien sûr que j'ai guéri. C'était difficile. J'ai fait beaucoup de sport, j'ai mangé sain, j'ai vécu ma vie à peu près normalement et au bout de 9 mois, j'étais normal à nouveau.

Tu peux voir ma progression dans le v2 de cette discussion.

Bon courage
OUI je suis content pour toi tu redonne espoir a beaucoup de gens sur ce forum que ressentu comme motivation arrive tu a sentir de ladrenaline par example

It's going to be very hard to judge your recovery if you take zyprexa or other antipsychotics. These medications make you feel the same way invega does!!!

It's been five months off for me and I'm feeling loads better. I feel more emotionally connected and I can piece thoughts together more. Libido is slowly improving but still bad, my metabolism is shot still and I still have no period so hormonally I am still messed up.

Invega user used to say that invega blocks your ability to feel hope. I think this is true. On invega you aren't able to extrapolate thought to the point where you can predict any positive outcome for the future. This is slowly going away for me now, and I feel very hopeful.

Antipsychotique and lifeline , I hope things get better for you, make sure you are changing things up, the brain wants to stay in the pathways the it's set in and it has to be retrained once the receptors open up. Excer size is so key and a common factor in those who recover. Best of luck guys and make sure you stay away from all antipsychotics

Not to say that invega didn't completely duck my life up because it did. I will never be the same. But I am finally feeling human enough to have hope that I can find the ability to turn this into a life experience that I can grow from. There's a lot of wisdom to be gained in knowing how fragile and necessary rhe human brain is. It makes you thankful for basic life and feelings.

Thanks you Kaatrina, is very difficult … day by day but you understand.. 8 month no thoughts, no emotions, no libido, no inner monologue.. no improvement its so sick … you can recover 100% but yes you will not be the same exactly.. i wish you all the best.

When i see a person heal i Don't know why what the Fuck… find again all of this unbelievible.

@Malakoff : Je me sens comme avant ou presque. Ils m'ont donné des injections de Abilify Maintena 300 mg en remplacement du Xeplion. C'est infiniment mieux. Je vis presque normalement, l'anxiété induite par l'Abilify va bientôt partir.

@Malakoff : Je me sens comme avant ou presque. Ils m'ont donné des injections de Abilify Maintena 300 mg en remplacement du Xeplion. C'est infiniment mieux. Je vis presque normalement, l'anxiété induite par l'Abilify va bientôt partir.
Voila c se que je disait tu te sent mieux mentalement c bien pour toi

Dammm weed barly does anything for me I got my dispensary card an I tried everything from wax to CBD. I been smoking weed my entire life and my high ain't as hi as it used to be. I'll talk to my doc tomorrow and try to get Wellbutrin an see what happens. Thanks for the help my friend. By the way Were u still getting high after you were injected in the beginning months off invega? How do u feel now being off 10 months compared to me being off for 5 months?
Well the high definately isn't as intense as it used to be. First 2 months I got fucking paranoid if I smoked and I was afraid everytime I smoked that I would relapse, but luckily I didn't. Then like month 3-4 I only got a head high instead of a nice warm buzz in the body, but now I've been starting to feel the body load too. I sleep a lot better if I smoke, and this morning I didn't even have to take the half of the quetiapine pill and I could sleep till 1 pm which was very nice. And I meant in my latest post that I've been off for close to 5 months now, gonna hit 5 months on 15th this month. I meant I will continue taking bupropion for the next five months, so when I hit month 10 I will titrate the dosage to 0.

Someone posted a topic which stated that THC stimulates the P-gprotein which shuttles invega from the brain, I just did some research and this is what I found;

P-gp and Bcrp are expressed at the blood brain barrier (BBB) and reduce the brain uptake of substrate drugs including various antipsychotics and anticonvulsants.

The transporter molecules may readily shuttle drugs back into the blood, which just entered the endothelial cell membrane or cytoplasm. In addition, active transport at the apical membrane generally decreases intracellular endothelial drug concentrations, and thus increases the concentration gradient between endothelial cell cytoplasm and brain extracellular space. As a consequence, the passage of drugs from the brain extracellular space into endothelial cells increases. This increase is associated with successional extrusion via the apical membrane into the blood by active transport. Furthermore, the major multidrug transporter Pgp might be involved in caveolar trafficking, and this trafficking is discussed to have a functional impact on drug transport.

According to these studies it would be beneficial to use CBD in order to reduce the effects of invega. CBD also has antipsychotic effects at high doses. CBD could be the new generation antipsychotic, but pharma industry won't admit it or do any research on it because they would lose billions in sales if people could just grow their medication in their backyard. Too bad CBD is listed as a drug where I live so I really can't order any. They sell CBD-a tinctures made from raw hemp here though. CBD-a is the inactive form of CBD, same goes with THC-a etc.. Though I could just decarboxylate the tincture in the oven so it would turn into CBD. It costs around 35$ for 150 mgs of CBD-a so it's very expensive. I've done a lot of research on CBD and other cannabinoids, CBD stimulates adulthood neurogenesis, inhibits an enzyme which breaks down Anandamide etc.. Anandamide inhibits cancer cell growth by modulating different survival and proliferating pathways. If you can get CBD from where you live I really suggest to buy some. Though if you're using any medication then you need to do some research because CBD inhibits liver enzymes which break down like 85% of modern day medications. So taking CBD whilst on medication will result in higher levels of the medication in plasma. But for example, Invega is mostly excreted in urine unchanged, so taking CBD while on invega won't be a problem.

I really suggest to stay away from psychoactive substances like THC when you're still prone to a relapse!

It's going to be very hard to judge your recovery if you take zyprexa or other antipsychotics. These medications make you feel the same way invega does!!!
Yeah this is somewhat true. But for example, I take around 10 mgs of quetiapine in the morning just so I can continue my sleep. At that dosage quetiapine only affects the histamine receptors, and it won't have any antipsychotic effect. It could be beneficial for people who are suffering from insomnia to take a very small dose of i.e. quetiapine in order to sleep. Though messing around with histamine could result in some weight gain so I kinda dislike taking it, but I'd rather gain some weight and sleep well. And for example, quetiapine antagonizes dopamine receptors like invega does but the potency of quetiapine is nothing compared to invega. If we all were on quetiapine instead of paliperidone, we all would be doing A LOT better.

Compare these two;
Quetiapine
D2; 245
D2L; 700
D3; 340-483

Paliperidone
D2; 1.6
D2L; 6.6
D3; 3.5

The smaller the number, the harder it antagonizes the receptors.

Not to say that invega didn't completely duck my life up because it did. I will never be the same. But I am finally feeling human enough to have hope that I can find the ability to turn this into a life experience that I can grow from. There's a lot of wisdom to be gained in knowing how fragile and necessary rhe human brain is. It makes you thankful for basic life and feelings.
I think none of us will be the same we used to be, but not necessarily in a bad way. In my case, I've started to appreciate small things I took for granted a lot more now. Not just the human brain is fragile but the life itself is as fragile too. For example, think of all the animal cruelty caused by us in the modern world. Untested medications etc. are being tested on innocent animals. Imagine being a conscious animal locked up in a cage affected by even worse meds than invega is. Or a conscious cow or a pig in a crowded-ass slaughterhouse getting killed just so we can get our burgers from mcdonalds filled with unhealthy fats, antibiotics, stress hormones and what else.. In the future I hope that most people will realize this wrong-doing and start to appreciate healthy organic foods, biodegradeable packagings, products that aren't tested on animals etc. The world would be so much better place to live. Modern day human is way too stranded from the nature. In my opinion, in order to move forward, we need to go backward.

Last edited:
You need support for you wife and children try some medicament like seresta prozac you need be patient bro but you recovery soon I hope for you for me I'm OK start have motivation joking when take seresta don't worry you will be better if you lucky

Wellbutrin helps with depression and gives you a certain amount of energy, so i would assume it would help with the "lack of emotion" felt after being on invega.

Wellbutrin helps with depression and gives you a certain amount of energy, so i would assume it would help with the "lack of emotion" felt after being on invega.
How long till Wellbutrin works? Any idea?

For me it worked right away TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone on here crys alot and is stuck in depression? That injection destroyed my life and took away my happiness. How long untill this feelings are going to last? I miss my old self. :(

I think when I coming in this forum is depress this forum make people depress !!! You can feel good if you want think positive found some little goal everyday and you can be little happy I don't come back in this forum every recovery is individual it's true in Vegas make you natural depressed no motivation but it's life step by step we can recovery and have positive attitude about life movie coffee outside swimming work ect ect I wish all the people quickly recovery bye

~~~Hi everyone,
New to this site and looking for some hope for my husband. A little over 10 yrs ago he served in the Army and did a tour in Iraq...combat. he was diagnosed with PTSD. Fast forward to December 2018...we were just about to get married and all my family was coming to meet him in person for the first time. This was definitely nerve racking for him as a combat vet with PTSD. He went to the VA and his psychiatrist suggested invega sustenna. He was given the loading dose 234mg and then a week later 156mg. Soon after he started with the usual side effects. Tremors, shuffling, kinda sedated, restlessness(severe). Well he never went back to get anymore injections due to the side effects he experienced. Sometime in January 2019 those side effects went away but he seemed so depressed, then anhedonia, insomnia, constipation with abdominal discomfort. He was not able to even cry. I just thought this was a bad case of depression from his PTSD but them we started researching Invega sustenna and the withdrawals.
I can say I'm seeing minimal improvement. In late February/early March I started him on supplements and eating healthy. On 3/17/19 he was able to cry, one tear. On 3/20/19 he was able to cry more tears. on 3/23/19 he stated he kind of felt like himself for a brief moment but it went away. He has very little hope that he will recover from this.
After tons of research I started giving him some supplements. I'm not sure what combinations we have tried because there have been so many. Fish oil, magnesium, 5-HTP,Ginkgo Biloba, Lithium orotate, L-Theanine. Yesterday 3/23/19 he started Same-e, niacin, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, continuing with fish oil and multi vitamins. I make sure he doesn't eat bad. Everyday for lunch he has a shake that has spinach, kale, blueberries, mango, banana, apple, almond milk and coconut water. He just started drninking alkaline water. We also ordered an ionic foot bath, it should be here be Wednesday 3/27/19. I've been researching how to eliminate this poison from his body quicker!! I found great info on the alternative to meds centers website. https://www.alternativetomeds.com/services/holistic/neruotoxin-removal/

~~~Hi all, we're approaching 4 months since my husband's last injection. I have seen seen some improvement but it is still very difficult. Continues to suffer from insomnia, anhedonia, constipation with abdominal pain and suicidal thoughts. We have been reading through the old forums and found quite a few recovery stories. Im thankful for all of you sharing your experiences and it's a relief to know we are not the only ones. I see a lot of people suffer from libido issues. I would say his libido is low but he is able to function properly. it seems like there are "waves" periods, he will feel really bad like he's not able to keep fighting. I try my best to support him and I think it's an important part in recovery. Now he is able to play video games which is a good distraction. Gaming was his thing pre invega. His gamer tag on ps4 is BROWN_MAMBA_KING if anyone wants to keep him company. Also his email is [email protected].
We were continuing with the supplements. I researched the best time to take each supplement. In the AM he takes multivitamins, B complex, lithium orotate, L-theanine and niacin. In the PM fish oil, vit c, lithium orotate, L-theanine and magnesium. For sleep he will take valarian root or a trazadone(only if desperate for sleep). He is going to stop the supplements for a few days to see if they are contributing to the abdominal pain. We also ordered a portable sauna since he doesn't really have the energy to work out. I'll come back in another month to post an update.
Hang in there friends, remember this time in your life is temporary and it will pass!

~~~Hi y'all,
We are almost to the 6-month mark since my husband was injected. It has been a very difficult and trying time. On 4/1/19 my husband got a paliperidone serum test to see how much was left in his blood. There was 1.6 ng/ml which is very low but still present even though the psychiatrist told him it would only be in his system for 1 month. I had done some research on a cellular detox, which removes toxins from your body at a cellular level. It was a 30 day detox and after 1-2 weeks his withdrawal seemed to intensify (Anxiety, anhedonia, suicidal thoughts). Maybe the detox was working on getting the poison out of him. We tried multiple other things as well. Well today I have great news cause just recently (around 5/27/19) he really started to make improvements. Although he says he doesn't feel it I can see it for sure.
Before, the invega just completely consumed him, every thought was about invega. All our conversations would be about invega. Pre-invega he was such an affectionate person and these last 5 months that person has been in hiding but he's finally coming back. He is being affectionate again and it seems his smile/happiness is genuine. He can concentrate more and joke. He does have some GI issues, but we are not sure if this is invega related. He's been to the doctor multiple times and even had a trip to the ER. They all say constipation. Hopefully those issues will subside soon. He has smoked and drank just a couple times but says it doesn't feel the same. I'm so grateful to where we are now as to where we were just last month and I'm looking forward to having my husband back 100%. If anyone wants to chat with him his gamer tag on ps4 is BROWN_MAMBA_KING and email is [email protected].
I hope a speedy recovery to all of you! God bless!!!
BTW I'm keeping all my post together, one thing I hated about looking through all the old forums was trying to piece together everyone's stories.

@VeteransWife I am glad you saw through this drug and thank you for sharing a good report on someone who has gone through this. Thank you for the hope, God give you grace and peace in this trying time! In Jesus name, amen.

And God give all the rest of you invega survivors/captives grace and peace!!! In Jesus name, amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.