Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I've been trying to keep up with some of the posts but my work and research has kept me busy. Some time after my last post I resumed taking a medication called Vraylar in order to withdraw from Zyprexa. Most unfortunate is the long half life of the active metabolite of Vraylar which is double that of Risperdal Consta! Fortunately I was on such a low dose before I decided to discontinue. My symptoms of anxiety of have improved. Social affect is improving. However my non-physical energy level remains somewhat dull depending on what I'm doing. This fluctuates however. hahaha. Much like Invega Sustenna, a lot of drugs with long half lives, I've found, share the windows and waves effect as a commonality.

So a couple more weeks of this and I should be more like myself pre-Risperdal Consta (which was the injection I took before Invega Sustenna). Near as I can tell Invega Sustenna is at such a low concentration in my body it might as well not be there - having virtually no effect. You might ask how this is possible that I know. The only reassurance I could give anyone is that Kundalini arousal can sometimes grant a sort of inner knowing, a sort of in-body-mapping if you will. This feature is rare even in those who have gone through the awakening or so I hear... but that's how I am able to gauge.

Will try to check back soon, but yes. MY research and work keeps me occupied a lot of the day.

If any of you need an antipsychotic but hate them try abilify, some people get anxious but some get no side effects. No weight gain known with this one.

@treezy z: not here. ask the mods, admins, bl crew and some long timers or other loungers what i'm talking about. just not here.

i remember your first post here in the first thread. this has evolved into something else now.

btw abilify injections makes people have similar side effects/withdrawal symptoms as invega/xeplion, a close cousin if you will. a rare few people have had negative interactions from the pill form, with or without invega/xeplion. thanks for the effort all the same.

@iridescentblack: always grounding me and bringing me back to what's important. i hope this ends for you soon. sounds like things are better for you but Vraylar is holding you back some. you got past a lot, you can get past this too. please keep us updated and make that research your b**ch.

I am on my first month off of Invega. I’ve had two shots in the past. I am clearly in deep depression and while I don’t want any further meds I am considering a temporary med to ease anxiety and depression. What meds are available for this that doesn’t stay in body for weeks months? I have a visit with my dr Thursday and don’t want him to suggest something I don’t want in my body lasting months like Invega.

Hey @dellad Please DO NOT take any other medicine. The doctor is probably gonna prescribe you Benzos for anxiety and AD's for depression. These drugs are as dangerous to your nervous system and brain as Invega is. There is no "safe" medicine and the withdrawal from AD's and Benzos can last for years. Just look at this video of a really poor woman who is suffering like hell just because she took Benzos and AD's together and is still on withdrawal to this day (14 months so far): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0R2p8cj1g0&t=338s Take valerian root tincture for you anxiety. It has helped me. Make a tea and put a lot of drops in it and it will ease it a bit. The depression is completely normal and comes from blocked dopamine and serotonin. Antidepressiants cannot build Seretonin, they are supposed to not let the brain "waste" Serotonin and keep it in the body. But as the Invega blocks Serotonin there is nothing to be "regulated" at all. It is just gonna add more side effects on top of it, one of them being depression, which is really paradox imo. So please do not make things worse and be patient. I know it's hard, we're all going through it. Keep hanging on and don't tell to much to the doctor as he may come up with even more diagnosis and make things worse. Trust me, there hasn't been any of us who said that AD's helped. And Benzos are the worst drug ever! I can tell it by experience, I took it for 2 Weeks to sleep better. It hasn't helped at all my sleep was even worse and my brain was so messed up, that I was paralysed and didn't know how to use my hands and eyes to tipe something on the PC and I felt as if I was under water. Think about it.

@dellad : This is just my opinion but your depression and anxiety are chemically induced, therefore I do not believe any med will be helpful during your withdrawal phase. But if you want to try, I know a good antidepressant called "mirtazapine".

Hey I'm on Wellbutrin, it works fairly quickly. I can not take SSRIs (horrible.) It's an NDRI.

I was on Risperidone shots (court ordered) made me damn near suicidal. About 2 months to get out of system.

Current meds:
Very small amount antipsychotics (5-10mg abilify 50-100mg Seroquel at night)
Wellbutrin 300mg
Gabapentin 1200mg 3x a day

The most important thing for my mental health is excercise lift weights 3x a week walk few miles a day.

Between zyprexa and risperidone gained 100 pounds. With the low amount of medication I'm on now have managed to drop 80 of those (diet and exercise.)

Btw if the rest of you agree with invegasauer that all my antipsychotic experience is irrelevant speak up but risperidone shot has similar fucked up downside to invegna.

Day 139

I went to school today and I somehow managed to socialize correctly. I am satisfied. I would be doing so much better if I wasn't tired.
Lately

Good
Memory
Thought process
Mood
No erectile dysfunction

Bad
Hypersexuality
Fatigue

I just cannot understand how people can be so dumb (sorry to say that, but it's the truth) and take other s**t to mess up their brain even more. Like zack has said, it's chemically induced, and even if it wasn't there are a lot of people online that are depressed and took AD's and said that it hasn't helped them at all. And in their cases it was not even chemically induced. Your body is not gonna be thankfull for that and has to mess up with more drugs and fight to be able to produce these hormons naturally again and get rid of it, which will cause it much more engery. I don't understand why this is not going into your brains. But it's your bodies and your lifes. I don't think this should be a forum where you recommend drugs. We are suffering from these kind of f**ing drugs. Please leave it free from this s**t. But again, it's your life. Do whatever you want with it. But don't complain afterwards.

@treezy z We already know that Risperdone is f*d up, just like Abilify and all that other s**t. They all mess up the body. That's not new to us. And I don't remember that someone has ever said that your experience is irrelevant. You matter, just like all of us do too. But we can't say anything about these other drugs as we are suffering from a different one.

Before I got the risperidone shot I was popular and well liked. It took my personality and I lost all my friends (court ordered shot.)

But yeah since I was on the risperidone shot and not invegna I'll drop out the thread. Fuck any judge who signs an order for shots.

Thanks you for feedback @Yeshuah that’s is my worry it will only cause more insomnia and tired spells which I don’t need any further of. I am hopping to get a part time job to keep my mind off of my laid back at home struggles always thinking about my depression. It really is hard to get motivated but I’m grateful for the love and support from my parents helping me through this struggle.

Thank you @LifeAfterInvega ! I had two shots. I hope that I will get where you are now. I wish you the best life in the world

Hey everyone,

Day 59

I'm feeling more like myself. I had some windows of confusing and realization and reality shocks, but I've been on THC pills 5mg from the pharmacy I have found them to help with the withdrawals and my thinking seems to be coming back, I'm still coming around though. I talk to Zack and Yeshuah in the Skype group and expressed my concerns to them. I have had some confusion on what I'm doing with my life. I'm going back to the gym, gonna start going every day and work out no matter how small it is I know it'll help. Does anyone else feel the poison going through them as they work out? I worked out today and felt numb after it, really sucked, I was tired too. Oh well, that's about all I have to say for now. I'm having some personal challenges ontop of feeling disabled, but there is nothing I can do.

I have been reccommended more anti psychotics one called Varylar or something, I haven't taken that or the abilify the doctor wants me on. They want me on an AP no matter what because I had one incidient. I'm shocked how much psychiatry just wants you to be on medicine all your life, shouldn't it be the opposite? I don't know. I got Welbutrin as well, not sure if I should give it a try because it helps with Dopamine. Welbutrin.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yeshuah: i understand your disdain for psych meds, i really do. i think zack365's post is a good guide on how to post about psych meds on this site. you know the mods are going to say something to the same affect (as with Offvega's post). we can talk about our experiences and what worked or not plus give feedback to others who we've been following in the thread on what we've seen about their experience and that's about it. not getting on your case, i know how hard it is on xeplion to keep this straight, it's just a heads up.

@Offvega: iridescentblack is taking vraylar, i'll shoot him a PM and to see if i can tear him away from his research and work so he can share his experience with you about it.

@I_Want_To_Recover: have you had your first window yet? sounds like what your going through is small windows and waves. they pick up speed and become less intense as they get slowly farther apart before your healed.

as far as to why it's the receptors and prolactin in you messing around with your brain and body chemistry making you this way. it sucks but it wont last forever. keep taking the cabergoline as it has helped speed up recovery in the past. you have some positive progress in healing which is a plus. keep working at it and distract yourself when you get too focused on how bad this is so you don't go nuts, vent here when you need to.

you will get back to living your life again and put this all behind you soon enough. hang in there.

@LifeAfterInvega: sweet dude. you healed or is it confusing somewhat? (darn windows, fool you into thinking your healed then drop you into a wave)

@zack365:
zack365 said:
yeah it's better to have them so I can soon get over this hell.

hard pill to swallow but you make a lot of sense and it's good for the perspective in healing (like i need to tell you any of this ;)). either way i'm glad to hear you say the words and it's a good step in the recovery process. it will happen soon my man, don't let up on the poison, your doing great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.