• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Comboned dxm and hydrocodone will i be okay..

Joewenston

Bluelighter
Idk im takkng some desylm suspensiom time release and i got around 300mg in me and i took 15 mg of hydrocodone. Will i be okay i read somewhere after i read several people saying the combo is safe that it xould be fatal..
Anyone wanna lemme know im starting to freak :/

Youll be fine.

If heroin, a LOT of alcohol, and 2 (large) bottles of robo didn't kill my friend;

Your more than good to go.

I think the rumor that it's fatal probably originated from the idea that DXM potentiates opiates. The best designed study I've read found that DXM did NOT do a thing to potentiate morphine at 1:1 ratios. That doesn't mean it doesn't work to potentiate other opiates, or that it doesn't work at higher doses, or that it just doesn't plain mix well with opiates, but morphine was the one that was thought to be best potentiated by it. They made a brand called Morphidex using the combo because even the pharma community believed it.

http://www.painjournalonline.com/article/S0304-3959(05)00108-9/abstract

I quite like the mix, but so far as I can tell they only MIX well (because DXM is has some opiate like qualities for me). To me, 10 mg morphine plus 10 mg DXM definitely doesn't feel like 20 mg of morphine the way the older findings circa 2000 implied it should.

Hydrocodone is dangerous when mixed with Alcohol, Amphetamines, Barbiturates, Benzodiazapines, Cocaine, and Methylphenidate. So you should be fine as long as you dont overdo it.

I think the rumor that it's fatal probably originated from the idea that DXM potentiates opiates. The best designed study I've read found that DXM did NOT do a thing to potentiate morphine at 1:1 ratios. That doesn't mean it doesn't work to potentiate other opiates, or that it doesn't work at higher doses, or that it just doesn't plain mix well with opiates, but morphine was the one that was thought to be best potentiated by it. They made a brand called Morphidex using the combo because even the pharma community believed it.

http://www.painjournalonline.com/article/S0304-3959(05)00108-9/abstract

I quite like the mix, but so far as I can tell they only MIX well (because DXM is has some opiate like qualities for me). To me, 10 mg morphine plus 10 mg DXM definitely doesn't feel like 20 mg of morphine the way the older findings circa 2000 implied it should.

I don't think DXM is supposed to 'potentiate' opiates necessarily. It's just used in conjuction to keep from building a tolerance to opiates. Plus, the two highs do synergize quite nicely.

I don't think DXM is supposed to 'potentiate' opiates necessarily. It's just used in conjuction to keep from building a tolerance to opiates. Plus, the two highs do synergize quite nicely.

Dextromethorphan should not be taken
with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
(MAOIs)[28] or Serotonin reuptake
inhibitors (like SSRIs, SNRis, TCAs, etc.)
[28] due to the potential for serotonin
syndrome, which is a potentially life-
threatening condition that can occur
rapidly, due to a buildup of an excessive
amount of serotonin in the body.

Yep, don't go taking tramadol with DXM, even though it doesn't have a super strong SNRi activity, it wouldn't be a good idea (just because people it is an opioid, I thought it would be worth a mention)

Don't take DXM while eating Douglas Bubbletrousers brand molasses. It contains a whipplegrass extract known to have minor MAOI and SSRI effects.