• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Codoxime

haribo1

Ex-Bluelighter
Does anyone have any details on this hydrocodone substrate? Why no hydromorphone or oxycodone/oxymorphone versions? I ASSUME the drug must have some advantage for it to have been developed into a prescribable drug...

Well, the only thing I know about it is that it is a Sch.1 substance in Canada, listed above Heroin.....

s1_1_8.gif

here's what it looks like if anyone cared.. lol

//in the process of looking it up in my narotics book

No, substrate. I just can't figure what it's profile will be. Altering that 6 position can lead to some hefty jumps in potency. A 6 methylene group makes the drug 80x morphine which is fentanyl territory. I would further suggest that if 6 methylene desomorphine was acetylated (like morphine->heroin) then it's potency would be somewhere around the 120x mark. Certainly acetylation of hydromorphone increases potency. With oxymorphine the propanyl ester is 6x stronger than the parent.

It'll be degraded to hydrocodone (hydroxylamine & acetic acid as well) by stomach acid as oximes aren't that stable in acid solution as I recall. Either way the double bond to the nitrogen isn't the same as a carbon-carbon double bond as it'll fall apart fairly easily (which C=C bonds don't onless your stomach secretes something like ozone!)

...and if stomach acid was avoided, (ie. the drug injected or taken rectally), what would happen?

If I'm not mistaken, big things on the 6-position usually do good things to opiates...

Thats what I thought, so why make it in the first place? There is no Morphoxime so I don't think it was made to circumvent drug laws. I just cannot find any information on it. I mentioned 6 methylene desomorphine just to highlight the effects that substitution on the 6 position can have, I know it's not the same. I know that their are some research chemicals that have a 6 amino group but I don't know anything about there activity.

$$$

Could be being marketed as a new, patentable (almost) pro-drug for the oh so very well selling hydrocodone, now off patent. Probably only meant to be taken by mouth (per os).

Last edited: