• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine withdrawl?

Elvis'LittleHelper

Greenlighter
Been taking codeine (200mg-400mg) for about a year now on average 3 times a week. Then about a week and a half ago had a dihydrocodeine binge. Then I got to a point where I was like, what am I doing?

During my time I never noticed physical addiction symptoms, more mental, like I couldn't enjoy a night in without it! So as I realised I was going down a dangerous path having to use more and more, I stopped monday, last time I took codeine was Sunday night.

Monday I was fine, but Tuesday I was particularly tired and low energy, not normal, like your beginning to have a virus infection feeling. I had sore legs. Tuesday night I had 3 hours sleep, I was having weird dreams and felt very panicky and out of breath.

Wednesday I experienced no cravings (or no flu symptoms to note) just tiredness from the night before.

Wednesday night/Thursday morning was even worse! Didn't fall asleep until 5am and then had to get up at half 8 for work. During the night, trying to sleep I was again panicky, anxious, having weird dreams, people laughing at me etc. Stressing over work, which I NEVER worry about as its a stress free job!

Thursday during the day I was obviously tired but worked anyway even through my job is pretty physical. I noticed I was thirsty all the time, my urine stank! And was deep yellow, even though with the amount of fluids I was drinking it should've been clear! Also loss of appetite, which is REALLY strange for me! Again no flu symptoms so def not a virus. BUT no craving or desire for codeine? It wasn't on my mind at all?

Thursday night/ fri morning again even worse, barely 3 hours sleep. And again had to work. The same symptoms again all day.

It's Friday night and hopeing the insomnia doesn't continue, as I couldn't bare another night of anxiety and no sleep.

The only thing I can think it is, this sudden insomnia and the other symptoms is a very mild wd of codeine. But strange as no desire for codeine?
Any thoughts?

you'll be fine in a couple more days. the insomnia is one of the worse symptoms.

you seem to have escaped the diarrhoea and sweats at least! im assuming this must be your first withdrawal; they get much much worse the more times you have to do it so i'd advise you not to get addicted again.

it's a good thing that you have no cravings! keep it up!

Yeah it is. Had diarrhoea for the first time last night so obv very mild as it's my first wd. Thanks for replying

I say cherish the fact that it's your first WD, it gets worse the longer you use. I use to like taking Codeine once in a while, it gave me a good head buzz. Anyway, I'm on Subs now so it's a waste of time for me to even indulge in any opiate. I think the worst part of your wd is definitely over with. My main symptom during opiate wd is chills, bad chills. Just like the guy above you said in this thread, you'll be completely fine in a couple more days, maybe even tomorrow. One thing that you seem to fortunately be immune to since it's your first wd is the mental cravings that are there as soon as your body feels better. Don't be surprised that in a week or so your mind tells you to go get some more pain pills. From personal experience I felt great on my opiate the first time I popped a couple Vicodin 7.5's. Only if I had that same tolerance. Well OP good luck threw your struggle feeling better. I promise you'll feel a hell of a lot better in a couple days. Oh, and don't do heroin, ever. Stick to the moderate pain pills like Codeine if you must.

Tolerance

Cheers great advice. Herion has always been a no no to me. Been a mental rule, that you just stay away from heroin! Feeling much better today. Not looking forward to craving of pills which will most likely come back. And re your vics 7.5, wouldn't the world be a much better place is youre body didn't build a tolerance to drugs!!

Last edited: