• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Codeine Phosphate/Oxycodone Addiction

Papaversomniferum1

Greenlighter
Hi. I have read many an article about this topic. I?m interested to hear from anyone who is suffering from this affliction currently.

I have learned an awful lot about addiction/these medicines and others. Now I would like to hear from people in my position who may very well be able to help.

Doctors/the medical profession know alot about theory. I find this only helps to a certain extent.

I have had been taking Codeine Phosphate, OxyContin and Temazepam for around 6 years now and think it is about time I stopped. I would like to know how you stopped taking these medicines. How difficult you found it etc.

It was tough for the first 30 days, cravings and just felt miserable without the shit. Then 90 days rolled around and I started to feel better. No mental cravings at that point, still I would get sick. flu like symptoms. 6 months I felt even better, the fog lifted and felt normal again, 1 year off the stuff I started to enjoy the little things in life again (birds chirping), 18 months and feel more determined to accomplish goals.

It does get better, just have to get involved with a support group and friends that want only the best for you.

I am 8 weeks off oppiates and hanging in there. It has been a long journey so far but FREEDOM makes every minute worth it!! Hang in there!!