• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine , hyrocodone banned in UK,?

Ronan35

Greenlighter
I used to be able to order codeine phosphate 30mg online from at least 10 sites. Now they are nowhere to be found. Has there been s big crack down
Any ideas?

I used to be able to order codeine phosphate 30mg online from at least 10 sites. Now they are nowhere to be found. Has there been s big crack down
Any ideas?

It's been banned over-the-counter in Australia for about five years now, so it definitely wouldn't surprise me. The laws here regarding "addictive" medications are getting tighter all the time 😠

Any ideas?

Codeine has been prescription only medication in the UK for decades (unless adulterated by that pesky paracetamol), so the only crackdown is on dodgy online pharmacies I'm afraid...

If you have prescription is not banned.as to hydrocodone think there is not in use in Europe.As to sites from you can order i don't know

I've noticed over the last few months that you have to show ID for over 25 just to buy it over the counter in the UK, so online pharmacies getting harsher restrictions would not surprise me here mate.

English but living in Australia, legit need codeine as only thing that helps with my headaches from hell. Codeine phosphate is still a thing as I get sent it but it’s a script from the dr and it’s pretty rare to get prescribed it pure now, it’s usually the shit with paracetamol or ibuprofen. I tell my mum to stock up on nurofen plus while she still can get it OTC, cos I fear the UK going the same way as here in Aus tho which is shit for people who actually need it for pain relief. My GP makes me feel like a fkn drug seeker if I ask for a script for it, even after telling him my history of pain. In fact he just told me last week “this is the last lot you’re gonna get” basically. Oh right then I’ll just tell my head and back that then cheers mate :|

English but living in Australia, legit need codeine as only thing that helps with my headaches from hell. Codeine phosphate is still a thing as I get sent it but it’s a script from the dr and it’s pretty rare to get prescribed it pure now, it’s usually the shit with paracetamol or ibuprofen. I tell my mum to stock up on nurofen plus while she still can get it OTC, cos I fear the UK going the same way as here in Aus tho which is shit for people who actually need it for pain relief. My GP makes me feel like a fkn drug seeker if I ask for a script for it, even after telling him my history of pain. In fact he just told me last week “this is the last lot you’re gonna get” basically. Oh right then I’ll just tell my head and back that then cheers mate :|
A lot of Dr's are extremely eager to get EVERYONE off of opiates outside of post-OP, hospital administered painkillers, but he didn't need to be a dick about it. I am in the US and have a Dr. that I have known for years who knows that I'm in a lot of permanent pain, and even I have a hard time getting an Rx for more than a week at a time, requiring an in person appointment for each Rx. He's not a dick about, knowing I do not abuse Rx painkillers, he's even apologetic about it. First they went overboard prescribing them for anything, now they went overboard controlling them.

A lot of Dr's are extremely eager to get EVERYONE off of opiates outside of post-OP, hospital administered painkillers, but he didn't need to be a dick about it. I am in the US and have a Dr. that I have known for years who knows that I'm in a lot of permanent pain, and even I have a hard time getting an Rx for more than a week at a time, requiring an in person appointment for each Rx. He's not a dick about, knowing I do not abuse Rx painkillers, he's even apologetic about it. First they went overboard prescribing them for anything, now they went overboard controlling them.
Yeah, I mean I do see the need to cut down on just prescribing anyone any opioid going. You’re right tho, it’s shitty my Dr is such a dick about it, and not using critical thinking/observation, because one packet of 20 tabs Panadeine Forte (30mg codeine+ 500mg paracetomol/acetimopheblabla whatever it’s called in the states haha, per tab) would last me around 2-4 months depending on my pain levels, so it’s not like I was there every other week demanding fresh boxes, y’know. Not to mention he’s seen that I’ve tried various migraine meds, mouth guards, had brain scans etc so if he thinks I’m faking it just for a tiny amount of a weak opiate… meh. Hate feeling embarrassed/wrong for asking for sth I know works for me. Hate even more being denied it because of THEIR *waves hand vaguely at the higher-ups) previous fuck ups!

Sorry OP didn’t mean to turn this into a rant. Hope you find a source again soon!