• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine help

zxphyr

Greenlighter
hey guys, i have used codeine quite a few times before using cwe (but with much higher doses like 210-240 mg , which makes me feel like im doing it wrong and losing a lot of the codeine) and felt pretty good, and i managed to get about 150 mg and didn't want to waste any so i just did them in pill form with the APAP (on an empty stomach).
some time after taking them i start to feel the effect as much as with the higher dose cwe (pretty good) but then after about 5-10 minutes of feeling good i then start to feel sick and need to go lie down.
after about 10 minutes of lying down the nice codeine feeling is pretty much gone and i just feel sick.

this has happened two times now

Feeling nausea is a known side effect of Codeine/Opiates. Don't worry about it, you're doing too much a high dose for your body though.

at least from my experience whenever I upped my dosage from what was normal I'd feel the same as how you described it.

^This.

I would also add that only a very small amount of the codeine will be left in the the remains if you have followed a good CWE guide. Not worth ingesting the extra APAP.

Nausea is completely normal for opiates/codeine. Simply lower your dose or get an OTc mes for the stomach such as promathezine, it's brill for nausea.
Take it an hour before your codeine dose.
Another great mes for anti nausea/vomiting is stematil, an old school anti-psychotic with the latter qualities.
I really hope you are OK. Xanax withdrawal is hell on earth :( xxx

It happens but I couldn't understand that last bit about the 150mg. Are you saying you just eat the otc stuffwith no filtering? That's fine if they're t4s but if your feeling sick from dose that low and not filtering the APAP, it's probably the acetaminophen, not the codeine. Also don't wanna call anyone out but don't take promethazine before taking codeine like the above poster says, it stops it working. The enzyme CYP2D6 is antagonised by promethazine in the same way it is by codeine itself, but codeine barely does a thing and promethazine just kills the high if taken BEFORE codeine. CYP2D6 metabolises codeine into morphine and promethazine potentiates morphine, so taking it AFTER the effects of codeine have started to kick in will work wonders for nausea and will potentiate the high, but before will slow things down. I've found most H1 and D2 first generation antihistamines are terrible for antagonising the metabolisation of any 2D6 drug including DXM, not just opiates.

Here's a link to an article discussing the inhibitory effects of H1 antihistamines: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11936702

Edit: Sorry there's actually no such thing as a D2 antihistamine, I meant the H1 antihistamines that affect the D2 dopamine receptors, which I think is just diphenhydramine and chlopromazine but nm

Last edited:
Opiates are escapist, ineffectual, loser drugs that will drain your soul and make you long for death while constipating your gastrointestinal tract to the point that soon you will be trying to effectively shit bricks. If you are set on becoming a junky, do us all a favor and commit yourself to some sort of prison or mental instution for life so we don't havd to watch your antisocial junkie behavior blossom. I would have said just go ahead and kill yourself (since that's what your doing anyway over a MEDIOCRE high), but then you would go to Hell for damn near eternity and I don't wish that on anyone, even incorrigible death wished having junkies. At least crackheads and speed freaks WANT to live!!!

Crackheads like you give crackheads like me a bad name mate.

How about you ease up on the abusive shitpost trolling of others who have every right to ask questions about their DOC even if its not your cup of tea.

Get a hold of yourself.

Opiates are escapist, ineffectual, loser drugs that will drain your soul and make you long for death while constipating your gastrointestinal tract to the point that soon you will be trying to effectively shit bricks. If you are set on becoming a junky, do us all a favor and commit yourself to some sort of prison or mental instution for life so we don't havd to watch your antisocial junkie behavior blossom. I would have said just go ahead and kill yourself (since that's what your doing anyway over a MEDIOCRE high), but then you would go to Hell for damn near eternity and I don't wish that on anyone, even incorrigible death wished having junkies. At least crackheads and speed freaks WANT to live!!!

Dresden, you're welcome to express your opinion but this is overly harsh. Some people could say that speed freaks and crack heads have a death wish as well. We could take it one step further and say ALL people who abuse drugs are antisocial junkies. Don't forget alcoholics. Just because you have a different drug of choice does not make you a superior person.

High doses of acetominophen+opiods+an empty stomach is almost a garuntee for nausea. Do a CWE, eat a little but not a lot, and take an OTC nausea pill if you want

Jesus fucking Christ dude, calm down. What is wrong with you? This is literally a website for asking questions about drugs without people ridiculing you for your use. You told someone to kill themself and go to hell for using codeine, the second softest opiod in existance, next to kratom. Its not okay to even say something mean to someone for using any drug, let alone to kill themselves for codeine. I'm going to report this, and I hope to God you get banned.

Are you seriously trying to invoke the itchy wratch of us Opioid users? Your Bluelight experience can be defined by camraderie with your fellow man and knowledge or by a never ending torrent of crimson gore (in a literary sense). How dare you accuse us of not wanting to live. If anything, I believe it is our (sometimes) hedonistic quest for everything life has to offer that leads us down this road.

I've never thought of you as being unintelligent or totally misinformed man, so I'm really hoping that you're just drunk or not thinking clearly, because in my opinion, users of Crack Cocaine don't do anything other than use Crack Cocaine or fantasize about using Crack Cocaine. The difference is, once I'm satisfied, my life is normal. I do normal things, have a career that I truly love and maintain positive relationships with my friends and family. I really just don't know ,many habitual users of crack who can boast the same about their life situation.

...and there's more. You further suggest that suicide is a reasonable and viable solution to the remediable situation of Opioid dependence. Are you implying that we will go to hell because of what we've done to acquire our drugs or are you one of those strange, pseudo-catholics who actively believe and preach on 2-3 of the rites of your faith while actively ignoring the rest. If you are Catholic, this Jew will take the time to educate you upon your own faith. Hell is eternal, not "damn-near eternal" as you have suggested. If you are a Sunni Muslim, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions, because you can spend "damn-near eternity" in Hell.

You should be ashamed for some of the things you've said here. We are all here to help and encourage each other. In the future, we're not going to allow you to actively encourage suicide or to otherwise bully any of our members, auditors or our global community with this negativity.