• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Codeine & dihydrocodeine combination

So the 450 mg dose ceiling of codeine is a limitation caused by saturation of enzymes?

Yes, if my understanding is correct. Of course 450mg is not written in stone, it is an avarage and it varries depending on your own enzymatic makeup.

^ What he said. It's in that 400-600mg range.. however, codeine can and will act directly at the receptor if you get it to high enough doses.

BUT, everyone seems to have made the assumption that DHC is converted into dihydromorphine... while it is, this conversion probably doesn't play much of a roll in it's clinical effect [1].

So I think these two drugs can be combined.

^

yup between 400-500 i would say more to be honest (but thats no scientific stuff)

also i wonder bilzor how would stuff like tonic (quinine) or quinine sulfate , affect this? would they raise the metabolization limit substantially ?

p.s i still think this thread s part of od's nowadays big part of crap bullshit lugny posts

If i take 840mg dhc, when should I top up on 2 Tylenol 3's (60mg codeine)?

I'd hate to be dosing both at the same time and having shitty 60mg codeine fuck a relatively good dose of dhc.

Please respond quick. I think this thread says the enzymes are capable of both but im not sure.