• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Cocaine really digging it’s hooks in me

They have some ghettos.and there people was shooting in the parks.before years.idk how is now

is that true? that openly in Switzerland you can shoot up in parks?

I'm speaking about an issue that is no longer totally relevant in Switzerland. They had a really out of control Heroin problem in the urban areas. This led to the concept of what I've heard call "needle parks". Basically, the problem grew out of proportion quickly. The law enforcement approach was not even applicable, as there were so many users, they could no longer be separated and demonized as some kind of "other" as they have been in the United States.

This led to the radical introduction of their Heroin prescription scheme. It wasn't the first ever of its kind, obviously, the UK and Mexico to name a couple, had their own experiences with hard drug prescription. Mexico had vouchers for Morphine, Cocaine and other drugs that could be exchanged for a daily supply of the drug.

The word on the street is that Switzerland basically ended their Heroin problem through the Heroin prescription scheme. To my knowledge, the needle parks no longer exist as they did. This all could be changing though. I live in Burlington, VT currently and I see people shooting up, smoking meth/crack out in the open on any given day as I walk through the downtown area. We have adopted a similar approach to Switzerland in some ways, namely, that a couple of the larger parks in the city have been turned into ad hoc red light zones. These were all well-manicured parks with lights and all that shit 5 years ago. It's a place where you might see a toddler learning how to walk with his parents on a weekend day. Now, the parks, along with certain alleys, streets and other areas are known as areas where "respectable" people and especially children will not go.

It's my understanding that, in Burlington, the police are generally not going to do shit unless you interrupt commerce in the downtown area and keep to yourselves. This doesn't mean you can walk down main street, meth pipe in hand and blow your smoke into the faces of some lunching nuns, but it's a pretty free area. In my day, I was constantly terrified of the police. You knew they were out there. You knew when you had drugs in your pocket that you made the quickest line for shelter possible and that dealing with cops and jail was a cost of being an addict.

It is not like that now. The addicts are being left to kill themselves out in the elements and I believe this to be the ultimate strategy of governments in the United States. The pipe dream of finding and healing every addict is a forgotten relic. The ones who try to get better, can find help, but the ones who want to get high and be left alone, are getting their wish and I'm not sure they have an understanding of what this freedom actually means for them.

I'm speaking about an issue that is no longer totally relevant in Switzerland. They had a really out of control Heroin problem in the urban areas. This led to the concept of what I've heard call "needle parks". Basically, the problem grew out of proportion quickly. The law enforcement approach was not even applicable, as there were so many users, they could no longer be separated and demonized as some kind of "other" as they have been in the United States.

This led to the radical introduction of their Heroin prescription scheme. It wasn't the first ever of its kind, obviously, the UK and Mexico to name a couple, had their own experiences with hard drug prescription. Mexico had vouchers for Morphine, Cocaine and other drugs that could be exchanged for a daily supply of the drug.

The word on the street is that Switzerland basically ended their Heroin problem through the Heroin prescription scheme. To my knowledge, the needle parks no longer exist as they did. This all could be changing though. I live in Burlington, VT currently and I see people shooting up, smoking meth/crack out in the open on any given day as I walk through the downtown area. We have adopted a similar approach to Switzerland in some ways, namely, that a couple of the larger parks in the city have been turned into ad hoc red light zones. These were all well-manicured parks with lights and all that shit 5 years ago. It's a place where you might see a toddler learning how to walk with his parents on a weekend day. Now, the parks, along with certain alleys, streets and other areas are known as areas where "respectable" people and especially children will not go.

It's my understanding that, in Burlington, the police are generally not going to do shit unless you interrupt commerce in the downtown area and keep to yourselves. This doesn't mean you can walk down main street, meth pipe in hand and blow your smoke into the faces of some lunching nuns, but it's a pretty free area. In my day, I was constantly terrified of the police. You knew they were out there. You knew when you had drugs in your pocket that you made the quickest line for shelter possible and that dealing with cops and jail was a cost of being an addict.

It is not like that now. The addicts are being left to kill themselves out in the elements and I believe this to be the ultimate strategy of governments in the United States. The pipe dream of finding and healing every addict is a forgotten relic. The ones who try to get better, can find help, but the ones who want to get high and be left alone, are getting their wish and I'm not sure they have an understanding of what this freedom actually means for them.
yea thats crazy, I have heard of that in north chilly and really bad areas where fent and H is so available that its easier to get then a sandwich from the deli on the corner lol

Very well written answer, thank you

yea thats crazy, I have heard of that in north chilly and really bad areas where fent and H is so available that its easier to get then a sandwich from the deli on the corner lol

Very well written answer, thank you

One of the best ways to put the current situation into perspective:

I'm 31 years old. I grew up in the inner suburbs of Boston. Lowell, MA is my hometown and I was a frequent patron of Lawrence, MA. When I really started getting into Heroin at age 16-17 (Opioids since 14-15), our area was known as an industrially, socially, culturally bankrupt region clutching frantically at a prosperous past that had already been dead for generations by the time I was born. My family was actually decently wealthy. I wasn't a "townie" or anything, but Lowell was my town. It was known to be drug-infested. It had been drug-infested for decades. Lowell had seen the Crack Epidemic destroy it and for the Opioid epidemic to eventually rise out of the ashes of the burnt city in following generations... my generation, for instance.

Getting into drugs in my town was like "getting into Civil War reenactment" or "getting into motorcycles". It was just something that you inevitably lost people to in the course of growing up. The Opioid Epidemic was an epidemic in Lowell a full ten years before the midwest even knew what Oxycontin was (at least from a media perspective. Heroin was still a city thing).

So, I grew up knowing that drugs were more plentiful, stronger and easier to get than they had every been before. I knew in my mind that there was no farther down to go. Drugs were just a phone call away. Mind you, that was a phone call, a 30 minute drive, perhaps changing locations a couple of times, waiting for up to two hours in normal instances. Right now, at this very moment, I know I could walk out of my office door in Burlington Vermont and obtain Meth or Fentanyl in under 20 minutes. That is, the time to walk to the park, haggle, withdraw money, put it in my pocket and walk back to work. I know this for fact. There is literally no barrier between the drug user and the average citizen.

What I see now, and keep in mind, this is VERMONT, not Boston, is something crazier than I ever would have thought possible in the United States, It has truly flipped my mind on its head in its scale and intensity. It's pretty much a nightmare, seeing all these young kids lose their minds to Amphetamines out there in the cold. It's brutal.

One of the best ways to put the current situation into perspective:

I'm 31 years old. I grew up in the inner suburbs of Boston. Lowell, MA is my hometown and I was a frequent patron of Lawrence, MA. When I really started getting into Heroin at age 16-17 (Opioids since 14-15), our area was known as an industrially, socially, culturally bankrupt region clutching frantically at a prosperous past that had already been dead for generations by the time I was born. My family was actually decently wealthy. I wasn't a "townie" or anything, but Lowell was my town. It was known to be drug-infested. It had been drug-infested for decades. Lowell had seen the Crack Epidemic destroy it and for the Opioid epidemic to eventually rise out of the ashes of the burnt city in following generations... my generation, for instance.

Getting into drugs in my town was like "getting into Civil War reenactment" or "getting into motorcycles". It was just something that you inevitably lost people to in the course of growing up. The Opioid Epidemic was an epidemic in Lowell a full ten years before the midwest even knew what Oxycontin was (at least from a media perspective. Heroin was still a city thing).

So, I grew up knowing that drugs were more plentiful, stronger and easier to get than they had every been before. I knew in my mind that there was no farther down to go. Drugs were just a phone call away. Mind you, that was a phone call, a 30 minute drive, perhaps changing locations a couple of times, waiting for up to two hours in normal instances. Right now, at this very moment, I know I could walk out of my office door in Burlington Vermont and obtain Meth or Fentanyl in under 20 minutes. That is, the time to walk to the park, haggle, withdraw money, put it in my pocket and walk back to work. I know this for fact. There is literally no barrier between the drug user and the average citizen.

What I see now, and keep in mind, this is VERMONT, not Boston, is something crazier than I ever would have thought possible in the United States, It has truly flipped my mind on its head in its scale and intensity. It's pretty much a nightmare, seeing all these young kids lose their minds to Amphetamines out there in the cold. It's brutal.
it's funny you saw that, I almost took a Jon at MGH as a RnD chemist. Now im in Philly and see the same thing. It's def a city thing.
They have needle parks in North Philly. I grew up in Ghana and eventually moved to America after my PhD. That's were I saw so many drug addicts it had my head spinning.

Not even limited to the “big” cities like Philly

i lived in Reading PA (small city) for years and to this day i can send you to open air spots. Not as many as Philly, but they exist

And to the above poster who wrote about Lowell… yes I can identify with that. My area had the heroin epidemic in the early 90s … so when the media started taking about this new “heroin epidemic” in the 2000s my thought was “well you just now noticed this? It’s been this was for at least 10 years…”

Not even limited to the “big” cities like Philly

i lived in Reading PA (small city) for years and to this day i can send you to open air spots. Not as many as Philly, but they exist

And to the above poster who wrote about Lowell… yes I can identify with that. My area had the heroin epidemic in the early 90s … so when the media started taking about this new “heroin epidemic” in the 2000s my thought was “well you just now noticed this? It’s been this was for at least 10 years…”
yea I had a couple American friends that grew up right outside of NYC and they were well off kids but they all got addicted to H which would eventually killed the majority of them. Really said to be honest cause it started with the Vicodins then evolved to H and then H laced fent which would be what killed a couple of my friends.

Totally agree,for me shooting coke was the worst I use to get super paranoid after the first shot and things only got worse as time went on ,and it went on forever from 16 to 44 years old and even though there’s no physical withdrawals the mental B/S was terrible ,it always ends the same way with me swearing it off for good only to buy a couple more bottles the next day, for me coke was the devil on the planet…

I actually came on bluelight today to ask specifically if other iv coke users experience paranoia and to what extremes? Personally i feel my neighbors can somehow see me in my room using lights and my big screen TV to cast shadows or silhouettes I also hear them talking about me as they see me. Aside from that I hear the most random things. Like why would my mind make that up?? It's killing the high/rush I love from slamming coke because immediately almost as the coke is going in I'm already trippin 😫

Anyone have matching experiences?

I think I am seeing it's a bad idea to IV coke but once you blow enough some want a stronger rush I guess comedown makes you want opiates but that IV ROA will lock you up tight and might throw away the key

I knew a couple guys who shot coke, but they were also junkies loved smack. Simply too much up the pendulum will go haywire if something isn't pulling it back down after all that IV coke but then recommending banging opiates after the coke isn't really harm reduction do what you must I have no idea how to get the hooks of a stim out of me probably find other ways to boost neurotransmitters that are sustainable and not an all consuming fix I was browsing coke on darknet the other day I don't think that would be a good idea I'd get hooked on coke in my mailbox man wtf if I get drunk enough I might wake up with an order placed IDK

Last edited:
The death-toll from speedballs (actually 'snowballs' is the correct term - speedballs are amphetamines & H) is simply huge.

It would be much higher but few people can afford it.

Anyone near Philly now? I’m out of my adderall prescription & I’m struggling! Just looking for new friends or some ideas how to help! Thanks !

I’m so sorry 😣

I know it’s far from Adderall but until you can get more, maybe try Bronkaid which has ephedrine in it. You can get a box over the counter at a pharmacy. Maca root is a good adjunct to other stimulants too, really helps with focus, stamina and energy. Maca also has a strong antioxidant capacity, it’s just plain good stuff. I’m taking some tonight.

-GC

There is 2 ways with cocaine i tried both and mostly stay off now nut will binge. You can either carry on it will never be enough you will spend your money liue to family and friends to borrow the money and when that option is bled dry you start knocking out to keep your supply going . It hard but you either stop or its can ruin you that buzz when you just got a bag is followed by a fear when it gets near the end

IV cocaine use is the fucking devil. IVing dope will go easier on your veins than IV coke ever will. Within months your arms look like a warzone. Horrible shit, i could never get into that habit. Speedballs are different, but without real dope, which i havent seen around in 7 years, those are just as pointless.

Banging meth I haven't seen anything close to it. I've seen a chick nut, straight up have an orgasm from banging meth. I mean honestly, how can you walk away from that if you IV meth, have all that euphoria, and fucking orgasm.

You know that's one drug that I dabbled in, found I didn't care for it, and have never touched it again in 32 years.

I think cocaine is definitely one that some gravitate more towards than others. I was uh doing cocaine before I was even out of the womb. My mom liked her sniff. So I’m sure my biochemistry is geared towards absolutely loving it. Even then I still gain tolerance quickly but it always reliably goes away after some months.

Cocaine after a long hiatus. Soon after I do a line I’ll feel this tingling sensation traveling up my brain stem and then it’ll hit right in the center of my brain and it’s like an explosion of euphoria. I’ll have a huge grin, may even begin to giggle with pleasure.

Only the best cocaine will give me all this though. Garbage in, garbage out right?

-GC