• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Cocaine heart rate

airr_inn

Greenlighter
What would you say is the the normal heart rate while on coke? I’ve done a little less than a G tonight/had a couple of drinks and my heart rate is averaging between 110-130. Is this normal? I’m not new to coke but I just got an Apple Watch and it shows my heart rate so I’m a little more aware of the bpm.

What would you say is the the normal heart rate while on coke? I’ve done a little less than a G tonight/had a couple of drinks and my heart rate is averaging between 110-130. Is this normal? I’m not new to coke but I just got an Apple Watch and it shows my heart rate so I’m a little more aware of the bpm.
i think you're fine, i'm usually between 85 and 100 on coke. Your HR may be higher if you panic or stress over it.

average human heart is 80 100, if lower than 70 you need to go doc, until 150 the boat will not sink
my resting heart rate is in the 50s, but I used to do a lot sports in my days. Some pro athletes have a normal resting HR of 45 bpm...it all depends on your genetics and level of fitness and how much you trained as a kid/teen/young adult.

Was just wondering why it's so harmful. I've played racket ball with the sweat pouring off me and obviously a high heart rate.

Cocaine must only slightly raise the heart rate compared to an hour of tennis - yet it's considered much more dangerous.

i think you're fine, i'm usually between 85 and 100 on coke. Your HR may be higher if you panic or stress over it.
My heart rate is minimum 120 when smoking crack, and feels like 150+ (not to say 180) during bellringers. Your post has my quite concerned right now

Coke it depends in the ROA, when snorted or smoked I think there's no problem normally, but if you IV you can have heart problem.
Its only IMO.

Send love to all drug users

I used to stay around 140 bpm while snorting back in the early 2000's. I was at work but not working hard. Everyone knew. I don't want to go into more detail about that but my point is, I used to keep tabs on my heart rate lol. I just remember it typically stayed around 140bpm. I was physically fit, around 18-19, worked out and had a resting bpm of around 65 when I wasn't on anything.

I'll say this... the worst thing you can do is freak out over your heart rate. You might not be close to a stroke but, by god, if you sit there and freak yourself out over 110 bpm.. well, it ain't good.

Pay attention to your body and any warning signs, yes. Don't let panic consume you, though.

Also, don't forget if you're smoking crack, you are doing way more coke than you normally would be doing if you were snorting coke. I only IV'd coke a few times, it messed me up too much to worry about my heart rate so I don't remember what IV coke did to my bpm.

The truth is that you're probably not going to find anything practically useful in this question. If you were to, say, overdose on Cocaine, you're going to experience a variety of other symptoms telling you that something is very wrong. Also, I'm not aware of any standards in place for Cocaine users dictating what an appropriate heart rate is while using Cocaine and/or how long said heart rate can last. The only tangible, useful information you can get here is to practice Harm Reduction when using Cocaine. If you suspect that something is wrong with your heart, then you need to seek medical attention.

Analysis of heart rate and such probably has value in some scientific sense, but for you, a casual user of Cocaine, you're not going to be left with anything you can actually apply to your situation easily. I respect what you're trying to do here, but the at-once un-scientific and also extremely scientific, we learn what we can tolerate with drugs by using them and experiencing them ourselves. You already know way more about how Cocaine effects you than anybody here could ever tell you, based on their own experience or their research.

For the record, cardiovascular events from Cocaine use often follow one of a few common trajectories

-Someone with an unknown, underlying heart condition uses Cocaine, has a heart attack and dies

-Someone overdoses by taking too much Cocaine, have a heart attack and die

-Someone develops long-lasting cardiovascular effects as a result of chronic Cocaine usage, but this doesn't become apparent until they die early, say in their early 50's from a heart attack or various other conditions

I respect the fact that you're trying to be safe with your cocaine usage and practice harm reduction, but this would pretty much be an impossible question to answer 100% accurately. The average resting heart rate depends on a variety of factors including age, level of physical activity, stress levels, body temperature, nicotine/caffeine intake, etc. — so what a normal resting heart rate for me while on cocaine is going to be entirely different than what yours would be. No cardiovascular systems are created equal. Just keep an eye on it, and if it becomes worrisome, please take yourself to the ER or call an ambulance. Better to be safe than sorry.

I constantly use a pulse-oximeter (the finger pulse and oxygen reader they use at hospitals you can get them for $40 at cvs) and my heart rate is always 90-130 on crack and 100-120 on coke because I space it out more, my heart rate has been above 140 for a few mins though but I would try to stay under 130. My resting heart rate is 55.

Space out your usage, you’ll enjoy it more and worry less along with being safer

my resting heart rate is in the 50s, but I used to do a lot sports in my days. Some pro athletes have a normal resting HR of 45 bpm...it all depends on your genetics and level of fitness and how much you trained as a kid/teen/young adult.
Same, but stress got me at 60 resting these days

Can anyone answer why it's ok to raise your heart rate when playing tennis or running, but it's not ok to raise it with cocaine while standing still??

That's a good range for somebody high on cocaine, keep in mind if you focus on these kinds of things while you are high on cocaine it can raise your BP and induce anxiety. Do your best not to think about it, and when you do assure yourself the best you possibly can.

Can anyone answer why it's ok to raise your heart rate when playing tennis or running, but it's not ok to raise it with cocaine while standing still??
ageingpartyfiend is right there was something very interesting about it but can't recall right now.
Then there is vasoconstriction, so blood pressure raises much more on same HR on stims vs. exercise

It's not directly due to heart rate, more that cocaine itself is directly cardiotoxic whereas air isn't
To expand on this cocaine shares the same antiarrythmic properties of lidocaine and all other local anesthetics. They delay the rise of voltage in the heart and extend each heartbeat's duration.

In some cases of arrhythmia this is the ticket to a normal heart rhythm. In a healthy heart this can induce arrhythmias and generally put strain on the heart. Cocaine is especially bad as it does this while speeding up the heart due to increased signaling at beta 2 adrenergic receptors. This is why cocaine is likely one of the more cardiotoxic stimulants.

TLDR: the bad cardiac effects of cocaine aren't going to be visible by measuring heart rate, although increases in heart rate contribute to toxicity. If you do a lot of cocaine, it definately pays to get more intensive diagnostics at a physical such as ecg measurements.