• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine and Seroquel - a question for Bluelight

SmokingAces

Bluelighter
So I had taken a 2 week break from coke, no benzo's for nearly 3 months, no other stims. Only had weed booze and 2 blasts of DMT in 2 weeks. However I scored a gram 2 nights ago and had a sniff yesterday. I've been on Seroquel about 8 days maybe? 50mg a night. Now here's what happened. I started sniffing the coke, felt brilliant, but towards the end as I finished it an ungodly type of edginess hit me. I could barely speak, my heart started racing, the coke was definitely potent and the last week I have noticed a phlemy type of flu symptom, I put this down to the dry mouth from the Seroquel. Anyway I ended up blowing alot of phlem out of my nose this is definitely due to sniffing before I'd quite recovered, then hit some weird edginess and couldn't speak had to physically retreat to bed. What I'm wondering is was it a cut in the coke (it appeared as fishscales and sniffed cleanly no blocked nose or anything even with the flu) or do cocaine and quintipine have some kind of bad interaction? For the first time ever I am hoping it was a cut that caused this :\

Quetiapine gets metabolized into Norquetiapine, which is a Noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor... I guess too much noradrenaline could explain a feeling of excessive edginess, but then again 50mgs may not actually be a high enough dose to produce enough norquetiapine to get any appreciable effect out ofit.

Truth is, the effects of atypical antipsychotics on an individual are hard enough to explain on their own (particularly at low doses, where the antipsychotic may preferentially block autoreceptors and thus increase the release of certain neurotransmitters, leading to paradoxical effects), let alone in conjunction with cocaine.