Cocaine addiction..

pnkparis

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone =D

I have been reading a lot of the threads on here and most of them (not all) seem to be about opiate addictions. I thought i'd share my past battle with Cocaine in case there was anyone out there struggling to get clean...

To make a long story short, I found out I was pregnant (pretty far along but still soon enough to abort) and ended up having an abortion. This was at age 20.

Soon after (although I thought I was dealing with it OK) I started doing blow. It started off as a weekend thing and slowly grew into this uncontrollable beast! Before i knew it, I was snorting lines all day everyday. doing key bumps in the car, lines in my parents bathroom, at work, didnt matter where I was. I started stealing money and ran my bank account dry. Sleep? Never Slept. Food? Never ate. I am 5'1" and I only weighed about 90lbs, not a good look.

I continued on this path until new years of 2007. I was celebrating with some "friends" at my dealers house. Did some lines went out to the bar. Drank a bit, finished the bag. Popped 2 E pills, crushed up the 3rd and dissolved it in a glass of water. Was I done? Unfortunately not. Snorted god knows how many Vicodin after that. I stood up, felt like something was wrong, ran into my friends shower, and the next thing I knew i was lying on the couch and everyone around me was crying. I had a seizure. I OD'd. I Almost DIED.

Hard to believe but it was the truth. My parents sent me to a rehab where I didnt really do shit. I know there are tons of people out there who have successfully kicked there habits through the 12 steps but that just isnt me. I knew if I wanted to stop I could but i wasnt ready.

I bailed out of that rehab and stayed with my boyfriend. Continuing to use. Thought by now I would have learned my lesson but like they say, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

My boyfriend, who only smokes weed, looked me in the eyes one day and said .. "I can not be with you if you continue to do this to yourself. I don't know what I would do if this disease killed you and I did nothing to help" He said kick it or get out of my life. And you know what....?

I DID. I have been clean since (three years) and have not relapsed once. Cold turkey. Just like that.

There are people around me that still do it. There is not a day that goes by where I dont think about it. I am an addict and I always will be. but I have learned to control at least one of my demons. My boyfriend and I are still together, 4 years strong.

I owe my recovery to his love and his devotion to me. Ill admit in the beginning I got clean to keep him and that was the only reason. But now not only do I stay clean for him, but for myself.

For those of you struggling with a cocaine addition do not give up hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you believe it. There are people who care about you and wont judge you. Dont be afraid to reach out for help or accept the help that may be right in front of you.

Your greenlight friend,

Pnkparis

It's wonderful that you had someone in your life to help you along. Your boyfriend sounds like a great person! =D

A lot of people don't have that though and face their addiction feeling alone. But then again, I suppose that's what we here at The Dark Side are for!

Hello Everyone =D

I have been reading a lot of the threads on here and most of them (not all) seem to be about opiate addictions. I thought i'd share my past battle with Cocaine in case there was anyone out there struggling to get clean...

To make a long story short, I found out I was pregnant (pretty far along but still soon enough to abort) and ended up having an abortion. This was at age 20.

Soon after (although I thought I was dealing with it OK) I started doing blow. It started off as a weekend thing and slowly grew into this uncontrollable beast! Before i knew it, I was snorting lines all day everyday. doing key bumps in the car, lines in my parents bathroom, at work, didnt matter where I was. I started stealing money and ran my bank account dry. Sleep? Never Slept. Food? Never ate. I am 5'1" and I only weighed about 90lbs, not a good look.

I continued on this path until new years of 2007. I was celebrating with some "friends" at my dealers house. Did some lines went out to the bar. Drank a bit, finished the bag. Popped 2 E pills, crushed up the 3rd and dissolved it in a glass of water. Was I done? Unfortunately not. Snorted god knows how many Vicodin after that. I stood up, felt like something was wrong, ran into my friends shower, and the next thing I knew i was lying on the couch and everyone around me was crying. I had a seizure. I OD'd. I Almost DIED.

Hard to believe but it was the truth. My parents sent me to a rehab where I didnt really do shit. I know there are tons of people out there who have successfully kicked there habits through the 12 steps but that just isnt me. I knew if I wanted to stop I could but i wasnt ready.

I bailed out of that rehab and stayed with my boyfriend. Continuing to use. Thought by now I would have learned my lesson but like they say, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

My boyfriend, who only smokes weed, looked me in the eyes one day and said .. "I can not be with you if you continue to do this to yourself. I don't know what I would do if this disease killed you and I did nothing to help" He said kick it or get out of my life. And you know what....?

I DID. I have been clean since (three years) and have not relapsed once. Cold turkey. Just like that.

There are people around me that still do it. There is not a day that goes by where I dont think about it. I am an addict and I always will be. but I have learned to control at least one of my demons. My boyfriend and I are still together, 4 years strong.

I owe my recovery to his love and his devotion to me. Ill admit in the beginning I got clean to keep him and that was the only reason. But now not only do I stay clean for him, but for myself.

For those of you struggling with a cocaine addition do not give up hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you believe it. There are people who care about you and wont judge you. Dont be afraid to reach out for help or accept the help that may be right in front of you.

Your greenlight friend,

Pnkparis

Wonderful story of hope AND making the right choice. When I was 19 I lived with a young woman and she gave me the same choice... well I chose opiates. I stuck with them till they destroyed everythin i had.
I had almost 8 months clean and relapsed, sure enough OD'd for 5th time :(. (you know the ol well i used to do this much sothis is what I'll do) - very stupid of me and a lot of people around me got hurt by it.
I'm back trying to put pieces together, and due to the support here and from a wonderful young woman I have ckeaned my act up also.It's so very important to remember each day is a day to say NO, it sucks to have lost 8 months clean, but one day clean now is another victory,

Thank you for sharing that story and best o luck with you and all your goals in life. I wish you and your significant other nothin but bliss. You have shown a lot of ppeople by stepping forward here IT IS POSSIBLE!!

thank you so much. i am really trying ive been clean three days now and im loosing my mind i feel so alone and i know i needed help but rehab just isnt for me i find things to do when i start feeling like using i clean the house i read a book to my kids i shower anything to get my mind off of it. ur story helped because it gave me hope if u can stop cold turkey maube i can stay clean too thank u