• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Clonazepam tapering or jump off...

ynotrhyme

Greenlighter
I've been using clonazepam for about six days 1 mg a day due to heavy withdrawl symptoms from a tramadol cold turkey after three years of use (mainly used for panic attacks anxiety shortness breath at bedtime) Do you guys recommend me tapering off or even just cold turkeying and quitting clonazepam or should I continue using it lightly due to maybe reoccurring tramadol withdrawal symptoms. I've been off tramadol for only 7 days.

Thanks guys ! A big supportive group in here!

Tapering probably isn't necessary, but maybe cutting down by 0.25mg a day?

Thanks will try that today. Just hoping I don't need them anymore for them godawful tramadol withdrawls. Been off tramadol 7 days now.

Yeah, if you're still feeling withdrawal symptoms from the Tramadol, then stick with the clonazepam for a little longer, just make sure you're not replacing one thing with another. Maybe take a break from the clonazepam or only take a half dose and see how you feel, you're probably through the worst of the Tramadol kick by now.

Good luck.

Thanks man, yea I definitely don't want to switch tramadols for benzos. That's why I really wanna get off of it cleanly but I need to monitor my tramadol withdrawls see where they're at. Thanks man I appreciate the advice. Will try .25 tonight see what happens.

Hey, how's it going with the clonazepam? Still feeling much effect from the tramadol kick?

Depends on your responsibilities. If you can cold turkey, then go for it otherwise you may need a taper.

I jumped off fully the clonazepam the day we spoke and I'm feeling a bit shitty (might be either the tram or benzo wd's) but it's been very manageable I'm assuming because of the Paxil. I'm taking 2 x 10mgs of Paxil a day one in morning on at night and I'm not getting the ridiculousness reactions I was getting from trying to taper the tramadol. It just wasn't happening it was getting the craziest allergic reactions. I must've od'ed somehow that caused that godawful reaction whenever I took tramadol.

Well the benzo jumpoff has been fine and all manageable, I was only using it for like 6-7 days at 1mg a day so I took yall advice and jumped and so far so good a bit. How long before the benzo is fully out of my system you guys think ? Also I'm wondering how long will the tramadol be in my system so I can jump off this Paxil, I've been offf tramadol for about 9 days.

I also wanted to ask if anyone ever experienced stiff hands , like arthritic like almost from withdrawls of tramadol or any opioid? It's fricking weird, it's like I have carpal tunnel or arthritis in my right hand.

Thanks guys , I really like having people who are willing to give input into personal stuff like this. Thanks!

9 days, well done! I've heard Tramadol can have a particularly unpleasant withdrawal beyond or different to that of a standard opioid because it has a sort of anti-depressant like effect as well. Most clonazepam residuals should be gone within a few days, so give the Paxil the kick whenever you're ready. Be sure to give an update when you do.

I know someone who is currently using Tramadol for opiate/pain maintenance and wants to stop. They were not informed of its' effect on serotonin and so they're kind of worried they'll go off the rails a bit if they just try to detox like they have several times before with a standard opiate.

Glad to hear it's going alright.

Yea tell them to get off if it's troublesome because the withdrawls are evil. I'll keep you guys updated.

Great to have a thread like this. I've been on clonazepam for years, esp. after a near fatal car accident ( which ironically, had nothing to do w/ Klonopin, I was clean at the time).

But the extensive injuries have resulted in many complications and multiple surgeries. My question is, my current regime of Klonopin is approx. 20 -30 mg/day, although not nearly EVERY day. Does this dose seem excessively high? Because it does seem to work, esp. since I only take it 2-3 times a month. Feedback would be much appreciated, Thanks!

I wish I knew more about benzos to help but alot of people here can definitely give you great advice like I've received here. It seems if you're using it 2-3 times a month then that's light usage but I really don't know much bout the benzos.

Lil update on my come off of benzos- I think it's been about 8 days since last pill and the withdrawls lasted about 3-4 days but very manageable since I was on it for about one week only so my case is very insignificant but nonetheless id like to just let yall know my experience.

I've been off tramadol for about 14 days and now want to come off Paxil which I've been using about 20mgs then 10mgs for two weeks while withdrawing from tramadol cold turkey after 2-3 years use(bad idea but allergic reactions forced me to CD, ugh).

Will update you guys after a week to just keep yall up to date.

Thanks for the update, always good to hear successful stories as it can help others. I am currently tapering benzos and opiates (at my own pace) and reading stuff like this helps.

Same thing happened to me with Tramadol, I was taking it for a while without a problem and then one day I had a horrible reaction to it and haven't been able to take it since. It really is as if I became allergic.

Great to have a thread like this. I've been on clonazepam for years, esp. after a near fatal car accident ( which ironically, had nothing to do w/ Klonopin, I was clean at the time).

But the extensive injuries have resulted in many complications and multiple surgeries. My question is, my current regime of Klonopin is approx. 20 -30 mg/day, although not nearly EVERY day. Does this dose seem excessively high? Because it does seem to work, esp. since I only take it 2-3 times a month. Feedback would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Most people are on .5-4mg. So yes 30/40mg I super high you sure they are clonazepam ?

7 days of use shouldn't cause any withdrawl at all But be careful. Benzos detox made oxy detox feel like a vacation

Yea it was definitely fine since I used for about a week. I don't want to even imagine the poor people who go through wd from long term usage of benzos! Must be godawful.

I really wanted to just note a sidebar that Paxil really intensified my RLS In a horrible way. I know it's been posted around but just wanted to confirm it just in case. The Paxil worked horribly for me when I CT'ed the tramadol. Same allergic reactions and nothing special with the antidepressant powers. I'm thinking my doctor should've gave me something besides an SSRI (which I told her since I thought I had SS) and read that using something other than a SSRI will be beneficial. I heard Wellbutrin would've been a decent option but ima try to weather the storm without any AD's for now.

The lethargy from the Paxil wd's is something really real and so is the dizziness nausea too.
When I first started taking the Paxil my head was tingling and like zapping!? What a weird little pill.

Just a little mental note/rant for those interested, sorry for the long ass post.

About one month and two weeks off tramadol and still having withdrawal symptoms. Jesus Christ this pill is the forking devil. Depression, tired as hell, no motivation, can't focus on shows or movies and insane dry mouth after sleeping a few hours. I've heard that tramadol withdrawls take longer than the usual opioid and I'm starting to believe it! I'ma pull through tho!